Selfie with Joffa ???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Selfie with Joffa ???

satchmo wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 8:42pm Some of you youngins have never been hit on the back of the head with a half full stubby.
Them were the days...
Gee I miss those days :)
did Joffa throw it ?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:30pm I share similar feelings to Saynta , I have friends who follow the Skunks so I try not to generalize having said that, apart from my friends I find skunks supporters the worst in the league.
Does anyone remember the skunk cheersquad spitting at players? (caught on camera and Joffa in frame) , why did Winmar lift his jumper ? I could tell many stories of these ar$eholes hunting in packs and beating up Saint supporters over the years.
I hate them with a passion and no goody goody on here will change my mind.
I sat in the Saints cheer squad once or twice at Moorabbin and saw a Saints dude spit a massive gorby on Brad Hardie's back as he bent down to pick up the ball up against the fence to take the kick-in.

Saw it again a few years later too when a dude did the same thing to Rodney Eade when he played for the Bears.

I actually still vividly remember the big irredescent gorby holding firm on his woollen Bears jumper as he took the kick-in.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Brad Hardie and the Bears deserved it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

what are these stars below each thread link and how did this earn four stars?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 10:22pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:30pm I share similar feelings to Saynta , I have friends who follow the Skunks so I try not to generalize having said that, apart from my friends I find skunks supporters the worst in the league.
Does anyone remember the skunk cheersquad spitting at players? (caught on camera and Joffa in frame) , why did Winmar lift his jumper ? I could tell many stories of these ar$eholes hunting in packs and beating up Saint supporters over the years.
I sat in the Saints cheer squad once or twice at Moorabbin and saw a Saints dude spit a massive gorby on Brad Hardie's back as he bent down to pick up the ball up against the fence to take the kick-in.

Saw it again a few years later too when a dude did the same thing to Rodney Eade when he played for the Bears.

I actually still vividly remember the big irredescent gorby holding firm on his woollen Bears jumper as he took the kick-in.
Well if that's your worst experience of being a Saints supporter, then consider yourself blessed.
As for spitting, have a look at the interview with Ken Sheldon, after the game at Vic park in 1993.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:36pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:33pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:14pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 6:03pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:37pm When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

At Filth park, the Pies supporters would spit at us.

Tho only photo I would want taken with that rednecked bogan would be if he was lying face up in an open coffin.
What a sad, bitter, thing to say about another person. Still hanging on to bad memories.
You didn't grow up in this country travelling to filth park as a child. I did. I don't expect you to understand the depth of my hatred.

You know the saying " I wouldn't be seen dead with him"? Well, I just modified it a bit.
Here we go again..... :roll: the good old ( and somewhat tired) “you didn’t grow up in this country” stuff to “back up” a fairly twisted view on what it is to follow and support a football club. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Twisted? Football is a religion to me, again something you wouldn't understand.

Collingwood supporters despise the Saints. They call us the Aints
LOL. I think you’ve just nailed why most right-minded people think religion is the root of most of the world’s problems.

And as for the religious zealots/nutbags themselves ...

Go you red, black & white warriors
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

C'mon though...it is such a s*** putrid god awful Collingwood jacket. No idea if Joffa is a good bloke or not. He's obviously one stubby short of a six pack in any case which is ok too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 11:47pm
rodgerfox wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 10:22pm

Well if that's your worst experience of being a Saints supporter, then consider yourself blessed.
As for spitting, have a look at the interview with Ken Sheldon, after the game at Vic park in 1993.
I never said it was a bad experience.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 8:42pm Some of you youngins have never been hit on the back of the head with a half full stubby.
Them were the days...
You must have been with the aristocratics, in the outer stubbys were fully drained before becoming a projectile.

Have also been hit on the head by half a shredded phone book from the stand at VFL park after a Fitzroy goal in the late 70's.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 7:48am
Them were the days...
You must have been with the aristocratics, in the outer stubbys were fully drained before becoming a projectile.

Have also been hit on the head by half a shredded phone book from the stand at VFL park after a Fitzroy goal in the late 70's.
Nah, they were prepared to make a sacrifice to ensure their displeasure was noted. Apparently No. 14 ruffled their feathers.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

A leopard never changes its spots, or in this case its stripes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... aab0364ad4

"Police are investigating a vicious brawl between Collingwood and St Kilda fans during Saturday night's game at Etihad Stadium."

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 4:34pm A leopard never changes its spots, or in this case its stripes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... aab0364ad4

"Police are investigating a vicious brawl between Collingwood and St Kilda fans during Saturday night's game at Etihad Stadium."
And a Collingwood supporter (most likely Joffa) is to blame?

It could not have been a Saints supporter or a couple of pissed dickheads from each club, nope!
Must have been the Collingwood supporter!

It takes two to tango!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Saints43
Club Player

Moods wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 12:47pm I've never had a problem with Joffa. Loves his club, hams it up - attends EVERY week. It's what makes the footy colourful. Yeah he's a bogan, so what? He seems harmless enough and anyone who loves footy is off to a good start with me.
The cheer squad, that he runs, chanting 'rapist' at our matches for years was awesome banter.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 5:02pm
Moods wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 12:47pm I've never had a problem with Joffa. Loves his club, hams it up - attends EVERY week. It's what makes the footy colourful. Yeah he's a bogan, so what? He seems harmless enough and anyone who loves footy is off to a good start with me.
The cheer squad, that he runs, chanting 'rapist' at our matches for years was awesome banter.
great people aren't they? Not. But wait, they help little old ladies across the road.

Probably so they can rob them...if the truth be known.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 5:42pm
Saints43 wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 5:02pm
great people aren't they? Not. But wait, they help little old ladies across the road.

Probably so they can rob them...if the truth be known.
then relieve them of their hanbags

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

* how many other clubs proudly have special area labelled the "Animal Enclosure"
* the only warm showers opposition players ever had at Moorabbin was walking up the race
* and geesh how old were to remember stubbies in the outer - pretty sure 70's VFL games were the reason aluminum cans were invented

Seeya
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I have good friends, lovely people too, who follow Collingwood. I refuse to label them “filth” simply because I know them to be good decent people who just happen to follow the Magpies.
Some years ago, I went along to Etihad to see the Saints take on Collingwood, in addition to myself, our party consisted of my two Saints-supporting daughters, and my Collingwood supporting son-in-law. The Saints won the match, my son in law was given a bit of a ribbing from us, but took it on the chin, and all was good-natured among us.
In order to let the crowds at Southern Cross station reduce, we all went along to the Social Club ( Victory Room ) my son in law INSISTED on paying the $5:00 entry fee, refusing to let me pay for him.....”we lost, I should pay into your clubs funds” he said with a grin. As I say, all good fun, all good natured. My son in law had nothing to identify him as a Collingwood fan other than a polo shirt with the club logo on it.
We all stood having a quiet beer and a chat, the son in law exchanging banter with some Sainters, enjoying ourselves. My son in law went out into the “smokers area” for a “quick drag” but when he came back, his face was white, and he was visibly upset. He wouldn’t tell us what was the matter, but wanted to go home, and so we finished our drinks and left.
Eventually I managed to wheedle the story out of him. Apparently a bunch of Saints (ahem) “supporters” began goading him about his polo shirt, when he didn’t “bite” they got increasingly nasty and threatening. FIVE of them..... to ONE!
I was sickened and embarrassed that someone who I’d invited to OUR social club, as a guest, received such treatment, while simply having a quiet fag, his “ crime “ being a Collingwood supporter.
Folks, it cuts BOTH ways. Time we followed the example of the guy in the suit, who had the selfie with Joffa Corfe. It’s ONLY a game!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 6:40pm * how many other clubs proudly have special area labelled the "Animal Enclosure"
* the only warm showers opposition players ever had at Moorabbin was walking up the race
* and geesh how old were to remember stubbies in the outer - pretty sure 70's VFL games were the reason aluminum cans were invented
Yeah, belting someone with a stubby is cool, the real evil is having a joke name for a section of the ground. And if you are suggesting that Saints supporters pissed on opposition supporters as they came up the race, then I think you have outed yourself.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Recruit
Club Player

Collingwood and all its supports can suck a big back of di@$s

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 8:12pm I have good friends, lovely people too, who follow Collingwood. I refuse to label them “filth” simply because I know them to be good decent people who just happen to follow the Magpies.
Some years ago, I went along to Etihad to see the Saints take on Collingwood, in addition to myself, our party consisted of my two Saints-supporting daughters, and my Collingwood supporting son-in-law. The Saints won the match, my son in law was given a bit of a ribbing from us, but took it on the chin, and all was good-natured among us.
In order to let the crowds at Southern Cross station reduce, we all went along to the Social Club ( Victory Room ) my son in law INSISTED on paying the $5:00 entry fee, refusing to let me pay for him.....”we lost, I should pay into your clubs funds” he said with a grin. As I say, all good fun, all good natured. My son in law had nothing to identify him as a Collingwood fan other than a polo shirt with the club logo on it.
We all stood having a quiet beer and a chat, the son in law exchanging banter with some Sainters, enjoying ourselves. My son in law went out into the “smokers area” for a “quick drag” but when he came back, his face was white, and he was visibly upset. He wouldn’t tell us what was the matter, but wanted to go home, and so we finished our drinks and left.
Eventually I managed to wheedle the story out of him. Apparently a bunch of Saints (ahem) “supporters” began goading him about his polo shirt, when he didn’t “bite” they got increasingly nasty and threatening. FIVE of them..... to ONE!
I was sickened and embarrassed that someone who I’d invited to OUR social club, as a guest, received such treatment, while simply having a quiet fag, his “ crime “ being a Collingwood supporter.
Folks, it cuts BOTH ways. Time we followed the example of the guy in the suit, who had the selfie with Joffa Corfe. It’s ONLY a game!
I could counter your story with many more a hell of a lot worse than that Jiggs and I would never follow the example of the guy in the suit.... I cringe at the thought..and yes we agree to disagree but as you decided to weigh in again I felt I should respond. You would be singing a different tune if you had experienced Vic park and witnessed the things I have seen since then. There is a reason why they are called things they are. Filth,Skunks,feral,racists etc ... ask any other supporter from other clubs.

Junior
Club Player

My father and I were reserve seat holders at Moorabbin , in the early 1980's the club in their wisdom decided to install some open air corporate boxes behind our seats. This was all okay for every week of the season until Collingwood came to town.

Sitting in our seats watching the reserve game , when from behind we hear being yelled out your nothing but a beeping poof Roberts in reference to Michael Roberts. They had not even taken their seats on the box yet but had walked into the St Kilda members and opened up with that. The vile abuse of anything in a red white and black jumper continued and got worse as they got the grog into them. We sat with a few friends and as you do we were discussing the game and one of the guys in the box starts telling my dad's friend that he is an idiot and talking crap. My dad's mate ignored the idiot and kept talking to my dad about the game, the guy kept up the name calling and interrupting the conversation.

My dad said to the idiot to please keep out of our conversations and to just watch the game, the guy stood up and threatened my dad and proceeded to smash a bottle of champagne and then attempted to glass him with the broken bottle. Narrowly missing me who was 12 at the time and the other guys daughter who was 13, luckily for us my dad can handle himself and managed to avoid the glass and knock the guy down as other St Kilda members ran down stairs to get the police who removed the idiot.

I have been a St Kilda member for 38 years , the only time I have seen a women hit was by a Collingwood fan for no reason after the 1992 final.

Perhaps I should talk about the replay in 2010 as Collingwood fans above started spitting and throwing drinks over the small section of St Kilda fans I was sitting with. Still remember wiping spit off of the top of my six year old sons head.

Standing at Vic park as Nicky Winmar and Gibert McAdam were vilified like nothing I had ever seen or heard before.

Rapist chants to Milney.

Maybe it is all coincidence that these things just happened to occur at Collingwood games.

No not all people at clubs are good or bad, but Colllingwood in my eyes have well and truly earned their reputation as filth , scum and racists.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 8:52am My father and I were reserve seat holders at Moorabbin , in the early 1980's the club in their wisdom decided to install some open air corporate boxes behind our seats. This was all okay for every week of the season until Collingwood came to town.

Sitting in our seats watching the reserve game , when from behind we hear being yelled out your nothing but a beeping poof Roberts in reference to Michael Roberts. They had not even taken their seats on the box yet but had walked into the St Kilda members and opened up with that. The vile abuse of anything in a red white and black jumper continued and got worse as they got the grog into them. We sat with a few friends and as you do we were discussing the game and one of the guys in the box starts telling my dad's friend that he is an idiot and talking crap. My dad's mate ignored the idiot and kept talking to my dad about the game, the guy kept up the name calling and interrupting the conversation.

My dad said to the idiot to please keep out of our conversations and to just watch the game, the guy stood up and threatened my dad and proceeded to smash a bottle of champagne and then attempted to glass him with the broken bottle. Narrowly missing me who was 12 at the time and the other guys daughter who was 13, luckily for us my dad can handle himself and managed to avoid the glass and knock the guy down as other St Kilda members ran down stairs to get the police who removed the idiot.

I have been a St Kilda member for 38 years , the only time I have seen a women hit was by a Collingwood fan for no reason after the 1992 final.

Perhaps I should talk about the replay in 2010 as Collingwood fans above started spitting and throwing drinks over the small section of St Kilda fans I was sitting with. Still remember wiping spit off of the top of my six year old sons head.

Standing at Vic park as Nicky Winmar and Gibert McAdam were vilified like nothing I had ever seen or heard before.

Rapist chants to Milney.

Maybe it is all coincidence that these things just happened to occur at Collingwood games.

No not all people at clubs are good or bad, but Colllingwood in my eyes have well and truly earned their reputation as filth , scum and racists.
Well said young man.

When I was growing up in the South East of Melbourne, suburbs like Collingwood were no go areas. Where streets were unsafe to walk.

Only ever ventured there once a year to watch the footy.

I once went to a Collingwood v Saints pre- season game at Manuka oval in Canberra. The Collingwood blow- in crowd near me were abusing an indigenous player. One of their own. Absolute low life scum.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Oh. FFS. All of us over 45 went to the footy in the 70's and the 80's. I recall jumping the fence at Vic Park after a famous Roy's victory in the last round that secured us a rare finals berth. Collingwood supporter punched my older brother who has several disabilities and snapped a flag we had. Big deal. Life and footy was different back then. Blokes pissed in cans if it was crowded because they couldn't get to the toilets. Everyone smoked. Racism was acceptable (almost) and so was swearing at anyone or anything. All in brawls was what you lived for at the game (on and off the field) and belting someone with an elbow was considered good hard footy. The good old days?? I think not. We've all moved on - well most of us. It's like still hating the Japs because they tried to invade us back in the 2nd world war.

I am staggered that older ppl who really should know better hold onto these things. We all like to think that we love our club and footy more than the next guy and no-one really understands our passion, therefore no-one can possibly understand our irrational hatred for other persons. That's how all hatred starts really. I was raised and taught to hate the pies because my parents were raised that way. There's filthy bogans at all footy clubs. Pies have a few more because they have bigger following. They also have roots in the collingwood /abbotsford area which is notoriously working class - so not as sophisticated.

I reckon I have been to well over 1000 games of AFL footy. I have been to tons of pies games. I have seen plenty of dickheads at these games but I have also sat near some wonderful pies people who hate the umpires and bemoan their clubs ability to win GF's.

RE the cheer squad - my understanding is that the chanting of 'rapist' at Milney wasn't by the cheersquad, but by different sections of the crowd not attached to them. Cheersquads have to be very careful these days. And if they were responsible, as much as I deplore it, I wish our cheersquad were half as loud, boisterous, stupid, and mob mentality as the pies cheersquad.

It's ironic that ppl on here reminisce fondly of the Animal cage 'back in the day' but denounce the carry on of opposition supporters. The club that back in the 80's was as inhospitable as any club. s*** hole of a ground with cold showers for the opposition with a section of the crowd so rowdy and unruly they named it the animal cage.

If we could hold a cricket bat, some of us wouldn't be out of place in the Aus Cricket team :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 12:14pm Oh. FFS. All of us over 45 went to the footy in the 70's and the 80's. I recall jumping the fence at Vic Park after a famous Roy's victory in the last round that secured us a rare finals berth. Collingwood supporter punched my older brother who has several disabilities and snapped a flag we had. Big deal. Life and footy was different back then. Blokes pissed in cans if it was crowded because they couldn't get to the toilets. Everyone smoked. Racism was acceptable (almost) and so was swearing at anyone or anything. All in brawls was what you lived for at the game (on and off the field) and belting someone with an elbow was considered good hard footy. The good old days?? I think not. We've all moved on - well most of us. It's like still hating the Japs because they tried to invade us back in the 2nd world war.

I am staggered that older ppl who really should know better hold onto these things. We all like to think that we love our club and footy more than the next guy and no-one really understands our passion, therefore no-one can possibly understand our irrational hatred for other persons. That's how all hatred starts really. I was raised and taught to hate the pies because my parents were raised that way. There's filthy bogans at all footy clubs. Pies have a few more because they have bigger following. They also have roots in the collingwood /abbotsford area which is notoriously working class - so not as sophisticated.

I reckon I have been to well over 1000 games of AFL footy. I have been to tons of pies games. I have seen plenty of dickheads at these games but I have also sat near some wonderful pies people who hate the umpires and bemoan their clubs ability to win GF's.

RE the cheer squad - my understanding is that the chanting of 'rapist' at Milney wasn't by the cheersquad, but by different sections of the crowd not attached to them. Cheersquads have to be very careful these days. And if they were responsible, as much as I deplore it, I wish our cheersquad were half as loud, boisterous, stupid, and mob mentality as the pies cheersquad.

It's ironic that ppl on here reminisce fondly of the Animal cage 'back in the day' but denounce the carry on of opposition supporters. The club that back in the 80's was as inhospitable as any club. s*** hole of a ground with cold showers for the opposition with a section of the crowd so rowdy and unruly they named it the animal cage.

If we could hold a cricket bat, some of us wouldn't be out of place in the Aus Cricket team :lol:
Well said moods. I return to my original point: i/e that the guy in the Saints suit should be applauded for his initiative in showing sportsmanship and all -round good natured ness in venturing into the oppositions Cheer Squad for a bit of banter. IF we all want to see an end of anti-social behaviour and hatred at what is supposed to be a sporting contest, then it has to start SOMEWHERE, I for one, thought it was a good thing to see.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 12:14pm Oh. FFS. All of us over 45 went to the footy in the 70's and the 80's. I recall jumping the fence at Vic Park after a famous Roy's victory in the last round that secured us a rare finals berth. Collingwood supporter punched my older brother who has several disabilities and snapped a flag we had. Big deal. Life and footy was different back then. Blokes pissed in cans if it was crowded because they couldn't get to the toilets. Everyone smoked. Racism was acceptable (almost) and so was swearing at anyone or anything. All in brawls was what you lived for at the game (on and off the field) and belting someone with an elbow was considered good hard footy. The good old days?? I think not. We've all moved on - well most of us. It's like still hating the Japs because they tried to invade us back in the 2nd world war.

Be off with you Moods for writing such an articulate and accurate assessment of life as a football supporter.

I warn you this common sense approach will not go down well with some of those who seem to believe supporting the Saints makes us more righteous than those who support clubs like Collingwood.

Said posters point to disgusting acts like chanting rapist or making racial slurs whilst failing to identify the irony of their own comments labeling a collective group of 80,000 plus people as feral, skunks, filth etc.

Very sad undeed.