Selfie with Joffa ???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Selfie with Joffa ???

Does anyone know who that Saint supporter was that took a selfie with that neanderthal Corfe ? I am still cringing.

Aren't things embarrassing enough ????

oh when the
Club Player

Re: Selfie with Joffa ???

I thought you meant St Joffa

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I had a little b it of sick come up in my mouth. Puke inducing,

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 9:23am Does anyone know who that Saint supporter was that took a selfie with that neanderthal Corfe ? I am still cringing.

“That Saint supporter” is an example to ALL of us in how to conduct ourselves as “supporters”. Good on him!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint-stu
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 12:21pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 9:23am Does anyone know who that Saint supporter was that took a selfie with that neanderthal Corfe ? I am still cringing.

“That Saint supporter” is an example to ALL of us in how to conduct ourselves as “supporters”. Good on him!
Certainly better than throwing punches!

1ac46a38
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 12:28pm

Spot-ON! St Stu

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I've never had a problem with Joffa. Loves his club, hams it up - attends EVERY week. It's what makes the footy colourful. Yeah he's a bogan, so what? He seems harmless enough and anyone who loves footy is off to a good start with me. The fact that Joffa was prepared to have a photo with an opposition supporter tells me that he doesn't take himself or the game too seriously. Sometimes I think we all need to take a breath and realise it is just sport - yeah I know a multi million dollar, possibly billion dollar industry. But all we are in the scheme of things, is ppl who love the game. I'd much rather we embrace each other occasionally and have a laugh about our clubs differences, than go to war over it like they do in the UK.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 12:47pm I've never had a problem with Joffa. Loves his club, hams it up - attends EVERY week. It's what makes the footy colourful. Yeah he's a bogan, so what? He seems harmless enough and anyone who loves footy is off to a good start with me. The fact that Joffa was prepared to have a photo with an opposition supporter tells me that he doesn't take himself or the game too seriously. Sometimes I think we all need to take a breath and realise it is just sport - yeah I know a multi million dollar, possibly billion dollar industry. But all we are in the scheme of things, is ppl who love the game. I'd much rather we embrace each other occasionally and have a laugh about our clubs differences, than go to war over it like they do in the UK.
Moods my friend! Well said! I’ve heard Joffa Corfe on the radio from time to time speaking about the voluntary work that he does (with the Salvos I THINK). Our bloke in the Red-White-&-Black suit is a lovely guy. I’ve got a16-game membership and invariably our paths cross at the game, he always gives me a big smile and a warm handshake! I’ve also been lucky(?) enough in the past few seasons, to have attended at least one interstate game each season; on EVERY one of those occasions I’ve seen him there! Last season at Adelaide Oval ( V Port) even I kept (for me) a relatively low profile, in the face of those SA ferals. NOT the “man in the suit” he was right there, showing his colours, in the face of a genuinely UGLY mob!
I don’t know about the rest of us on here, safely ensconced with our keyboards, but for me, it took a special kind of moral fibre and bottle to venture into the heart of the Colondud Cheer Squad, dressed in OUR colours!
As I say, an example to us ALL! More power to him! (IMHO)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but I''m gonna puke.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would rather throw a punch at myself than to do that. I'm still cringing.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 1:44pm Sorry but I''m gonna puke.
Puke away Colleague! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 1:51pm
sorry mate, have a deep dislike for the Skunks going way back to the Vic park days. I would seriously rather have a lobotomy than get anywhere near that bogan. , and at the end of the day, not including violence, it is still us and them. So yes I will puke away.

PS The violence I have seen over the years was mainly at Collingwood games.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

It’s just a game.

We don’t want to end up like soccer crowds.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:11pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 1:51pm
sorry mate, have a deep dislike for the Skunks going way back to the Vic park days. I would seriously rather have a lobotomy than get anywhere near that bogan. , and at the end of the day, not including violence, it is still us and them. So yes I will puke away.

PS The violence I have seen over the years was mainly at Collingwood games.
This!!!!!

Always stated that had Bin Larden got a team together, I would barrack for them when they played the filth!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Saintly66
Club Player

Thought joffa was a tool until I met him a bunch of times at Melbourne City home games, actually a good bloke with a good heart.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

At Filth park, the Pies supporters would spit at us.

Tho only photo I would want taken with that rednecked bogan would be if he was lying face up in an open coffin.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:37pm When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

Tho only photo I would want taken with that rednecked bogan would be if he was lying face up in an open coffin.
Sheesh - generalisation much? What's Joffa personally done to you?

As a card carry Saints member of 35+ years who spent many a long winter afternoon at Vic Park with their vile supporters - I have some empathy for your sentiment.

Having said that ... have you actually met and/or spoken with Joffa? I have the pleasure of doing some fundraising work with the homeless and we asked Jeff Corfe (aka Joffa) to come and speak at a lunch we held. To say it was moving was to greatly understate matters. A quite humble and shy man in private who experienced more adversity in his formative years than most would in their entire life. He is pretty selfless in his work with the underprivileged and to smear his character just because he supports the filth is pretty low. He was moved to tears when someone bid a couple of hundred for a signed copy of his book because that money was going directly into the food tin at a domestic violence refuge later that night.

So - perhaps go a buy a copy of this - - have a read and then comment. At least then you'll be able to comment from a position of knowledge rather than ignorance.

Filth supporting "rednecked bogan" or not - credit where credit is due - I've most certainly met worse human beings.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:12pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:37pm When I was just a little boy, I used to be a Saints mascot. Dressed up in a full saints kit I would run out with the team each week along with a number of other saints kids.

As a card carry Saints member of 35+ years who spent many a long winter afternoon at Vic Park with their vile supporters - I have some empathy for your sentiment.

Having said that ... have you actually met and/or spoken with Joffa? I have the pleasure of doing some fundraising work with the homeless and we asked Jeff Corfe (aka Joffa) to come and speak at a lunch we held. To say it was moving was to greatly understate matters. A quite humble and shy man in private who experienced more adversity in his formative years than most would in their entire life. He is pretty selfless in his work with the underprivileged and to smear his character just because he supports the filth is pretty low. He was moved to tears when someone bid a couple of hundred for a signed copy of his book because that money was going directly into the food tin at a domestic violence refuge later that night.

So - perhaps go a buy a copy of this - - have a read and then comment. At least then you'll be able to comment from a position of knowledge rather than ignorance.

Filth supporting "rednecked bogan" or not - credit where credit is due - I've most certainly met worse human beings.
Each to their own. I have no wish to mix with filth supporters or to read anything associated with said filth.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:15pm

Each to their own. I have no wish to mix with filth supporters or to read anything associated with said filth.
That's a pretty passive stance from someone who was really happy to smear a person's otherwise good character by way of a gross generalisation. Makes sense.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:22pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:15pm

That's a pretty passive stance from someone who was really happy to smear a person's otherwise good character by way of a gross generalisation. Makes sense.
Where did I smear anyone other than a general statement.

Joffa would call himself a bogan . And I regard him and his ilk as red necks.

Have you ever watched them carry on at the footy. I have.

Add his gold f****** jacket and spare me your bleeding heart.

I hate filth supporters. Always have and always will.

You can love them if you want but leave me out of it.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I recall a final at Arctic Park in the early 90's, where I sat with 4 saints buddies, and to my left was 4 Pies supporters.
The Pies folk didn't rubbish our guys, just rubbished the white maggots (white not green back then) and they cheered their own team.
In final quarter, early on, we got a run on, got 5 goals in front, the Pies folk wanted to avoid traffic,
so as they were leaving, one guy grabbed my hand, said "well done on your win, you bloody deserve it, now next week win again alright!"
Funnily enough, the Pies actually kicked a couple of goals and threatened to come back
(it's a Saints tradition to find new ways to lose a game)
This proves that you can't tar them all with the same brush.
Just sayin

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
David-Lee
Club Player

How dare you besmirch the good name of pugalism in footy! I call you to a reckoning my good fellow!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 5:45pm I recall a final at Arctic Park in the early 90's, where I sat with 4 saints buddies, and to my left was 4 Pies supporters.
The Pies folk didn't rubbish our guys, just rubbished the white maggots (white not green back then) and they cheered their own team.
In final quarter, early on, we got a run on, got 5 goals in front, the Pies folk wanted to avoid traffic,
so as they were leaving, one guy grabbed my hand, said "well done on your win, you bloody deserve it, now next week win again alright!"
Funnily enough, the Pies actually kicked a couple of goals and threatened to come back
(it's a Saints tradition to find new ways to lose a game)
This proves that you can't tar them all with the same brush.
Just sayin
During the last quarter of the replayed grand final saints supporters started leaving the ground in droves to be replaced in the seated areas by feral aggressive filth supports who were half drunk and abusive.

Several fights broke out around me started by this filth rabble.

I have been going to the footy for over 60 years and in my experience you can tar them all with the same brush, Eddie included.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

After supporting the saints for 70 years
...going to watch the saints for over 60 years
and many many years of many many posts on SS
I have come to the conclusion Saynta does not like anyone

Seeya
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

What a sad, bitter, thing to say about another person. Still hanging on to bad memories.