Holy snapping duck pooh! They noticed!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Holy snapping duck pooh! They noticed!

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:13am I know the club knows who theyhave idinetified as keepers and who aren’t through the review. But that’s the players - more relevant is the footy department. I don’t know about that unfortunately.

You have to fix the footy department firstly, then the playing list. That’s a non-negoitiable.
Elshaugh needs to go. A short recruiter recruits short players. How is that panning out?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
kazonte13
Club Player

So its not our field kicking and inaccuracy in front of goal but everyone in charge of the club ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 1:15am What I find completely bewildering is that the vast majority of us are all on the same page.

Yes it may take us different lengths of time to get there, but I struggle to believe that there was a single Saints fan out there for example that thought the appointment of Jarryn Geary as captain was an inspired move.

No offence to the man at all - hell I wouldnt turn the job down, but if we are honest, if we were a good unit, he should be borderline getting a game in the best 22.

Sam Gilbert god bless him has gone on 3 years too long, yet we gave him a contract extension last season was it? Blind Freddie could see he was, is and always will be an honest trier, but a turnover merchant and exactly what we dont need going forward.

The diabetes issue for McCartin any normal person would harbour reservations about, the Freeman injury concerns, the failure to attract a big name, continued goalkicking problem most of us identified in 2009 that cost us a GF but nothing was done about.... ALL the way back to GTs belief that a ruckman wasn’t a necessity to win a GF (even though it cost us one in 97).

It always seems like the club are 3 steps behind the supporters- but they wont have a bar of any of it and infact treat us like morons that know nothing.

I wish I could be “done” with St.Kilda but this shite is a drug
A great post - lot of sense in that
I sometimes think the biggest issue we have is the fishbowl that is AFL
It’s an incestuous industry where mates rates jobs and Buddy Buddy media relationships are what really matters where the old “supporter” is just treated as a top up fund to be used and ignored
I never used to think this way and thought supporters bemoaning this attitude previously were just whingers.
I was wrong - they’re not, they just recognised it long before I did.
More broadly, I watched the game live Saturday, I watched waves of players flood back/forwards (often with no one forward of the ball), I watched professional footballers under no immediate pressure miss targets, kick out on full etc and I thought......is this game really in a good state?
I go back and look at sides from a decade or 2 ago and the talent in these teams (almost all sides had this talent) and skill level is well above what we see here
We are spreading talent pool waifer thin

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kazonte13 wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:42am So its not our field kicking and inaccuracy in front of goal but everyone in charge of the club ?
Whose responsible for skill level, development of skills and recruiting players who can execute?

Players or higher up food chain ??

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 11:39pm
ss1986 wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 11:31pm Quite honestly....

They obviously cant see the forest for the trees because any Saints fan watching the decline of this rabble over the last 18 months could have told them that and done a comprehensive board presentation.

I’d love to do a board presentation to demonstrate how utterly inept the rest of the club is too.

Getting angrier by the day and it’s not healthy.
It's becoming farcical isn't it?
Saints Review:
"Yeah we're just missing goals and those nasty 50-100 gamers are failing us"

WHY you friggin numpties???? Why is that? En Massey a group of players are failing YET this board continue to tell us they "just aren't playing up to their capabilities " .........what if the capabilities of much of this group ARENT up to it????
Why can't 90% of this side hit the side of a barn?
And what role recruiters played recruiting skill less footballers????
Surely we need an independent assessment of the list - not some bed hopping ex AFL exec here for dollars and to hide while the tarnish of his muddied name wears off?????
Well said and aint it the truth.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:57am
ss1986 wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 1:15am What I find completely bewildering is that the vast majority of us are all on the same page.

Yes it may take us different lengths of time to get there, but I struggle to believe that there was a single Saints fan out there for example that thought the appointment of Jarryn Geary as captain was an inspired move.

No offence to the man at all - hell I wouldnt turn the job down, but if we are honest, if we were a good unit, he should be borderline getting a game in the best 22.

Sam Gilbert god bless him has gone on 3 years too long, yet we gave him a contract extension last season was it? Blind Freddie could see he was, is and always will be an honest trier, but a turnover merchant and exactly what we dont need going forward.

The diabetes issue for McCartin any normal person would harbour reservations about, the Freeman injury concerns, the failure to attract a big name, continued goalkicking problem most of us identified in 2009 that cost us a GF but nothing was done about.... ALL the way back to GTs belief that a ruckman wasn’t a necessity to win a GF (even though it cost us one in 97).

It always seems like the club are 3 steps behind the supporters- but they wont have a bar of any of it and infact treat us like morons that know nothing.

I wish I could be “done” with St.Kilda but this shite is a drug
A great post - lot of sense in that
I sometimes think the biggest issue we have is the fishbowl that is AFL
It’s an incestuous industry where mates rates jobs and Buddy Buddy media relationships are what really matters where the old “supporter” is just treated as a top up fund to be used and ignored
I never used to think this way and thought supporters bemoaning this attitude previously were just whingers.
I was wrong - they’re not, they just recognised it long before I did.
More broadly, I watched the game live Saturday, I watched waves of players flood back/forwards (often with no one forward of the ball), I watched professional footballers under no immediate pressure miss targets, kick out on full etc and I thought......is this game really in a good state?
I go back and look at sides from a decade or 2 ago and the talent in these teams (almost all sides had this talent) and skill level is well above what we see here
We are spreading talent pool waifer thin
But, I see blokes in local footy, and quite a number of them that can kick to an advantage at least. Armo on the weekend wouldn't have got a game in the burbs based on his skill.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah he would have.

Probably would have been paid $5k too.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
chico2001
Club Player

Not sure of Lethleans actual capabilities in that key role, can someone enlighten me on his CV? I know he is a mate of the "squid" Mclachlan. He would need some mighty fine qualifications to turn the saints around.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:37pm Not sure of Lethleans actual capabilities in that key role, can someone enlighten me on his CV? I know he is a mate of the "squid" Mclachlan. He would need some mighty fine qualifications to turn the saints around.
Good question
How capable is this bloke?? Thrust himself upon us (and a few at AFL house too...) but what’s his outstanding credentials here?
Not impressed what I’ve heard thus far just parroting the prez, bagging players and excusing the coach
Stop looking after mates Lethlean u tool and call it as it is FFS

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:40pm
chico2001 wrote: Tue 22 May 2018 10:37pm Not sure of Lethleans actual capabilities in that key role, can someone enlighten me on his CV? I know he is a mate of the "squid" Mclachlan. He would need some mighty fine qualifications to turn the saints around.
Good question
How capable is this bloke?? Thrust himself upon us (and a few at AFL house too...) but what’s his outstanding credentials here?
Not impressed what I’ve heard thus far just parroting the prez, bagging players and excusing the coach
Stop looking after mates Lethlean u tool and call it as it is FFS
The board know challengers are in the wings waiting to pounce.

Do they put up a fight or just throw in the towel?

Depends on the egos involved and what they really want out of their roles.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chico2001
Club Player

Worrying thing for me is that the question has been asked about lethlean, but so far not one answer about his actual history/performance of coming into an AFL club and turning it around for whatever was required. He is now the face of the saints Football club judging by his recent appearances in the media. You would think that a saints Football club administrator would get get on here and show support by detailing lethleans credentials and abilities so as to satisfy the many inquiring , intelligent, beautiful minds who post here. He would have the usual degrees etc but we've all got those...............................................................................havent we?

I'm betting he has f**k all........

Hack
Club Player

Other than Jack Steven, Webster (in patches) and Carlisle I would say every other player is well down on what the club would be expecting form wise

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:34pm Worrying thing for me is that the question has been asked about lethlean, but so far not one answer about his actual history/performance of coming into an AFL club and turning it around for whatever was required. He is now the face of the saints Football club judging by his recent appearances in the media. You would think that a saints Football club administrator would get get on here and show support by detailing lethleans credentials and abilities so as to satisfy the many inquiring , intelligent, beautiful minds who post here. He would have the usual degrees etc but we've all got those...............................................................................havent we?

I'm betting he has f**k all........
Good point. I guess he brings a fresh face and outside viewpoint. He’s not part of the Road to 2018 rubbish and therefore has licence to swing the axe hard (hopefully) at the end of the season (I’m hoping for big changes to the footy department unlike BBMaddog)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Tommyj
Club Player

They have to drop this leadership group to a few. Seriously if I was a young player on the ground watching my fearless leaders and think is this what I aspire to outstanding shyte let me outta here