Clarko - Make Him an Offer He Can't Refuse!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko - Make Him an Offer He Can't Refuse!

Teflon wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Teflon wrote:But we all know we ain’t bold enough unless Alan does the right thing, admits he’s had a good go and walks - at least Watson did that.
Fingers firmly crossed Alan does this. You can stick a fork in him, his tenure as the St.Kilda coach is DONE.
Geez us just offer him Football club director or something as he’s a “master developer” then 12 months thanks Alan
Get creative
Agree. That’s a smooth way to do it.

The exit strategy has to be classy and make it look nice and peaceful. As much as I’d love Richo out ASAP, he deserve
it to be done in the best possible fashion so both parties move forwards, onwards and upwards.

It’s a non-negotiable

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Teflon wrote:But we all know we ain’t bold enough unless Alan does the right thing, admits he’s had a good go and walks - at least Watson did that.
Fingers firmly crossed Alan does this. You can stick a fork in him, his tenure as the St.Kilda coach is DONE.
Geez us just offer him Football club director or something as he’s a “master developer” then 12 months thanks Alan
Get creative

The exit strategy has to be classy and make it look nice and peaceful. As much as I’d love Richo out ASAP, he deserve
it to be done in the best possible fashion so both parties move forwards, onwards and upwards.

It’s a non-negotiable
Yep and then Finnis and co can save some face suggesting it as all part of a bigger strategy - maybe call it “The road to 2039” whatever just make it happen cause he’s cooked for sure

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:While we're at it, lets grab Tom Lynch and McGovern!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You may scoff at it, Jiggster, but in snaring a coach like Clarko it would make it far easier to reel in some big fish. No big fish wants to come to St.Kilda and play under Alan Richardson. St.Kilda under the coaching of Alastair Clarkson, on the other hand.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Get creative

It’s a non-negotiable
Garry Lyon mentioned The Godfather. Perhaps we could get Richo whacked and have him sleeping with the fishes?

1965 Saint
Club Player

It’s a non-negotiable[/quote]

Garry Lyon mentioned The Godfather. Perhaps we could get Richo whacked and have him sleeping with the fishes?[/quote]

That is disgraceful. How low is this forum going to stoop?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:Another ridiculous fantasy thread.
I'm afraid so. You only have to read anything about Clarko and the one thing that stands out like dogs balls is his loyalty to the hawks. He firmly believes in honouring contracts and loyalty to the club that gave him his chance. They have richly rewarded him over time as well.

If Clarko became available I reckon at least half a dozen clubs would come knocking for his services. We're never going to be able to afford him and I highly doubt he would ever be interested in us. I agree that he's the best coach in the league by a mile. My hawks loving mate often says that he's their most valuable asset at the club. If the hawks are playing poorly Clarko almost always finds a way to restore their game. They rarely get thrashed or play poorly for 2 weeks in a row. The start of last year was the first time since 06 I can recall the Hawks having a sustained period of failure. And he rectified that to have them challenging for finals by the end of the year - and being competitive with the top teams. The hawks aren't crazy, even though Jeff appears crazy. they will sign him up for as long as Clarko wants to be signed up for.

We need to stop looking for miracles and hope that our next appointment is inspired. Find Clarko MkII

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:While we're at it, lets grab Tom Lynch and McGovern!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You may scoff at it, Jiggster, but in snaring a coach like Clarko it would make it far easier to reel in some big fish. No big fish wants to come to St.Kilda and play under Alan Richardson. St.Kilda under the coaching of Alastair Clarkson, on the other hand.
I’m not “scoffing” so much as putting the likelihood of Clarkson coming to the Saints into some sort of perspective. You’re perfectly free to fantasise about Clarkson coming here mate.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

We don't have any dollars.

The AFL wont give us anything.

No way.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
I'm afraid so. You only have to read anything about Clarko and the one thing that stands out like dogs balls is his loyalty to the hawks. He firmly believes in honouring contracts and loyalty to the club that gave him his chance. They have richly rewarded him over time as well.

If Clarko became available I reckon at least half a dozen clubs would come knocking for his services. We're never going to be able to afford him and I highly doubt he would ever be interested in us. I agree that he's the best coach in the league by a mile. My hawks loving mate often says that he's their most valuable asset at the club. If the hawks are playing poorly Clarko almost always finds a way to restore their game. They rarely get thrashed or play poorly for 2 weeks in a row. The start of last year was the first time since 06 I can recall the Hawks having a sustained period of failure. And he rectified that to have them challenging for finals by the end of the year - and being competitive with the top teams. The hawks aren't crazy, even though Jeff appears crazy. they will sign him up for as long as Clarko wants to be signed up for.

We need to stop looking for miracles and hope that our next appointment is inspired. Find Clarko MkII
+1

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Can you imagine if Kennett had has his way and Clarko was sacked after just 2 years in the job...

We had a short angry man as coach and we got rid of him after just 2 years...
Last edited by Scollop on Wed 09 May 2018 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Rumours circulating old mate Ross might be looking for another job by day's end.

Lethlean and Lyon ?

Bring back the Lockett era
spert
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:We had a short angry man as coach and we got rid of him
Short yeah, but he wasn't the angry one.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Rumours circulating old mate Ross might be looking for another job by day's end.

Lethlean and Lyon ?
Lyon has 15 wins from his last 51 games.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/frema ... b88827984z

stonecold
SS Life Member

Ross is not the man, not any more!!!!!

No Thanks!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lyon's list management makes Trout look like a genius.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote:That is disgraceful. How low is this forum going to stoop?
You have no sense of humour. Get over yourself!
What happened to your big statement of leaving the forum?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Matthews and Mick Malthouse are available.

Mick can come over and start up our Kulcha....

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Just like the Eagles are headed into a tricky stretch of their season - GWS, Hawthorn, Richmond and Sydney over the next four weeks - the Dockers face a must-win clash against the Saints at home this weekend.

They couldn’t get a softer target. Win and their slim finals chances stay alive. Lose and it could be a real T-junction for them.
a softer target ... there's respect for ya

feared across the land ... ohno ! the butterboys are coming

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintly66
Club Player

bigred wrote:Leigh Matthews and Mick Malthouse are available.

Mick can come over and start up our Kulcha....
Mick did say he wanted to give back to the saints, I know the whole milney thing will put people off but that’s in the past.
Guess he could give a few tips to Richo, god knows he needs all the help he can get.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
I’m not “scoffing” so much as putting the likelihood of Clarkson coming to the Saints into some sort of perspective. You’re perfectly free to fantasise about Clarkson coming here mate.
In the midst of this current nightmare we're in, we must dream to restore our hope.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes I DARE ( plug for sponsor) todream too mate!

saintfox
Club Player

I think they need to get someone to help richo in the box a senior mentor. Left field but i reckon Mathew Knights or Brett Ratten would be a good fit

Be the best you can ... If not have fun trying....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintfox wrote:I think they need to get someone to help richo in the box a senior mentor. Left field but i reckon Mathew Knights or Brett Ratten would be a good fit
But that would mean hanging on to Richo. I don't think I could take another season of him.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saintfox wrote:I think they need to get someone to help richo in the box a senior mentor. Left field but i reckon Mathew Knights or Brett Ratten would be a good fit
But that would mean hanging on to Richo. I don't think I could take another season of him.
Another 2 & 2/3rd seasons of him. OMG!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It’s not like we’re losing by 12 goals a game so the club won’t sack him this year and he’ll probably go again next year.

If this form line continues though, he’ll end up getting the arse towards the end of next year or after the season. The club will be forced to pay him out for 12 months. I can’t see him being sacked any earlier than this time next year. He’ll only be given that long because of the way his contract is structured. Moral hazard, not their actual money and all that. Incompetent f*ckwits.

10 wins or less over the next 37 games.

We’re on a death spiral.

Enjoy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.