Trade back into the Superdraft!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Paul
Club Player

Re: Trade back into the Superdraft!!!!!

resaintlee wrote:Acres, Long, Coffield, Clark, White and perhaps Marshall as keepers. Hopefully Billings is not pulling a Luke Ball act to get to the pies
I wouldn't be surprised if the dopers made a play for Billings. I'd hang onto him unless it was a godfather type offer, but knowing Dodoro, I doubt they'd offer anything special. They have always been keen on JB and wanted him as part of the Carlisle trade.*

If things don't improve rapidly, I can see the bigger players coming for our young talent. Clubs like the swines, pussies and dorks would fancy themselves to extract the best from them.

The group has been stable and loyal until now. We haven't lost anyone we wanted to keep, for some time now. That could be about to change. In any event, in order to trade our way back into rounds two and three of this year's supposed super draft, which we were so brilliantly traded out of last year by TFWF, we're going to have to give up something valuable.

* The brilliant forum detective, takeaway, will use this sliver of information to accuse me of being TAFKAD (come on pebbles, this should occupy the rest of your week). Apparently, takeaway has concluded I know nothing more than what is in the media, despite the fact that I have a life, family, friends, colleagues at a couple of AFL clubs, associates, a business and go to the footy regularly. Perhaps he is projecting his life circumstances and limitations onto me. He is that most unfortunate of individuals, who believes he is brilliant, without objective, supporting evidence. A bit like his posts and accusations. :D

<warning for baiting>

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
kalsaint
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:I think we're going to trade players, whether it be for draft picks or players, but it would be foolhardy to trade Billings, Gresham or Acres. Madness in fact.

Bruce is one that comes to mind as tradeable, I don't see where he fits going forward, given we have Membrey, McCartin, Battle and Marshall. They cannot all play in the same team. I think we'll trade Longer (and yes I think he will have some currency).
Certainly wouldn't trade Bruce. He fills a role and with Paddy could provide more if the delivery is improved. Lets face it kicking at AFL level is the prime objective, even over body shape, historical positions elsewhere, marking skills and speed of foot or disposal.

I can see us having enough to draw those quality players we wanted (well those wanted here and Facebook) as I really don't know what is in mind by the club. More of the same isn't credible.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I don’t think we can find a way to get another first rounder. I’d keep Billings Gresh and Acres. I’d consider throwing Seb Ross name around to see if there is a bite. Gets a lot of touches but doesn’t hurt the oppo with his disposal.

I’d be happy if we could get a 2nd round pick for Longer, Armo, Newnes, and probably a few others. Most likely some kind of package deal eg our 3rd + player for a 2nd round pick.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
The_President
Club Player

Do you want us to become like Carlton?!

How many top 20 picks do we need on our list?

Focus on DEVELOPMENT and CULTURE and we’ll be fine.

Maybe come up with a game plan that plays to our teams strengths... maybe allow them to play on natural instinct and ability instead of trying to make them all become pressure/tackling machines like Rob Eddy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Billings, gresham and acres are about the only 3 genuine completely off limits... to suggest otherwise is a sign of having absolutely NFI... and makes sense coming from someone who has monotonously been telling us how great billy longer is.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Billings, gresham and acres are about the only 3 genuine completely off limits... to suggest otherwise is a sign of having absolutely NFI... and makes sense coming from someone who has monotonously been telling us how great billy longer is.

Do you have trouble reading, understanding or all of the above?????

Read it a few times, you might get it!!!!!

You'll soon work out that you have justified what I posted!!!!!

Just cause your bumchumb left the building, don't take it out on me!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Billings, gresham and acres are about the only 3 genuine completely off limits... to suggest otherwise is a sign of having absolutely NFI... and makes sense coming from someone who has monotonously been telling us how great billy longer is.
So you would happily trade Carlisle for example, would you?????

Clueless!!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I reckon JB has cracked the sads. Maybe he’s done with the coach. He seems an emotional player who unfortunately isn’t playing for the jumper just himself at this stage.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:I reckon JB has cracked the sads. Maybe he’s done with the coach. He seems an emotional player who unfortunately isn’t playing for the jumper just himself at this stage.
Maybe, JB is not the smartest bloke on our list mind you, hopefully he, along with the rest can find some confidence and form!!!!!!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:I reckon JB has cracked the sads. Maybe he’s done with the coach. He seems an emotional player who unfortunately isn’t playing for the jumper just himself at this stage.
I tend to agree. Even though he re-signed last year, it was only for two years. I can't help but think that's an indicator that he's not convinced that he wants to stay longterm.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
lefty
Club Player

It would be the dumbest thing in the clubs history to trade JB. You don't do dumb crap like that. JB is a gun.

stonecold
SS Life Member

lefty wrote:It would be the dumbest thing in the clubs history to trade JB. You don't do dumb crap like that. JB is a gun.
Fair enough, he may be a gun, but like the rest, having about as much as affect as a Pop Gun on an Elephant!!!!!

takeaway
Club Player

St. Paul wrote:
resaintlee wrote:Acres, Long, Coffield, Clark, White and perhaps Marshall as keepers. Hopefully Billings is not pulling a Luke Ball act to get to the pies
I wouldn't be surprised if the dopers made a play for Billings. I'd hang onto him unless it was a godfather type offer, but knowing Dodoro, I doubt they'd offer anything special. They have always been keen on JB and wanted him as part of the Carlisle trade.*

If things don't improve rapidly, I can see the bigger players coming for our young talent. Clubs like the swines, pussies and dorks would fancy themselves to extract the best from them.

The group has been stable and loyal until now. We haven't lost anyone we wanted to keep, for some time now. That could be about to change. In any event, in order to trade our way back into rounds two and three of this year's supposed super draft, which we were so brilliantly traded out of last year by TFWF, we're going to have to give up something valuable.

* The brilliant forum detective, takeaway, will use this sliver of information to accuse me of being TAFKAD (come on pebbles, this should occupy the rest of your week). Apparently, takeaway has concluded I know nothing more than what is in the media, despite the fact that I have a life, family, friends, colleagues at a couple of AFL clubs, associates, a business and go to the footy regularly. Perhaps he is projecting his life circumstances and limitations onto me. He is that most unfortunate of individuals, who believes he is brilliant, without objective, supporting evidence. A bit like his posts and accusations. :D

<warning for baiting>
Forum Detective ? What an honour!! Thank you, St Paul. Your appointment of me as FD confirms that the contents of my posts were indeed accurate, not that I needed any detection work, as a lot can be read from your posts. A few slip ups have confirmed your past nics, despite your denials. Anyway, doesn't really matter does it? There is no need to justify your life, but gratifying to hear about your family, friends, colleagues, business, etc. A bit of stability always helps.

I have no idea what TAFKAD is, too clever for me.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

<warning for baiting>
Forum Detective ? What an honour!! Thank you, St Paul. Your appointment of me as FD confirms that the contents of my posts were indeed accurate, not that I needed any detection work, as a lot can be read from your posts. A few slip ups have confirmed your past nics, despite your denials. Anyway, doesn't really matter does it? There is no need to justify your life, but gratifying to hear about your family, friends, colleagues, business, etc. A bit of stability always helps.

Yes Indeed!!!!!

David-Lee
Club Player

I dont think we have a single player any club would surrender a 1st round pick for and that hurts knowing several were 1st rounders or we traded a 1st rounder for them ( pardon the new lads).

dragit
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:I dont think we have a single player any club would surrender a 1st round pick for and that hurts knowing several were 1st rounders or we traded a 1st rounder for them ( pardon the new lads).
Pure trolling rubbish.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
David-Lee wrote:I dont think we have a single player any club would surrender a 1st round pick for and that hurts knowing several were 1st rounders or we traded a 1st rounder for them ( pardon the new lads).
Pure trolling rubbish.

On current form, who's worth a 1st rnd pick then?????

St. Paul
Club Player

takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

<warning for baiting>

Of course it is. Generally speaking, narcissists lack intelligence, although they will tell you they are vastly superior in every way. It is a mechanism to disguise insecurity. The acronyms are a common IQ test. Don't worry. Your peer, pebbles doesn't get them, but I thought you might. Actually, I condemn you unfairly. You are clearly more intelligent and articulate than pebbles. I'll send you a PM that will clarify things. I wouldn't bother doing that for pebbles.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:

<warning for baiting>

Of course it is. Generally speaking, narcissists lack intelligence, although they will tell you they are vastly superior in every way. It is a mechanism to disguise insecurity. The acronyms are a common IQ test. Don't worry. Your peer, pebbles doesn't get them, but I thought you might. Actually, I condemn you unfairly. You are clearly more intelligent and articulate than pebbles. I'll send you a PM that will clarify things. I wouldn't bother doing that for pebbles.
Just can not help yourself can you, professional baiter, after another strike and new user are you?????

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
Pure trolling rubbish.

Current form is largely irrelevant or no-one would get drafted.

Coffield, Clark, Gresham, Billings, Acres, Steven, Carlisle would absolutely net some kind of first… Ross, Roberton, Dunstan would be close too.

Pebbles is a pretty generous nic TBH.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
Pure trolling rubbish.

Current form is largely irrelevant or no-one would get drafted.

Coffield, Clark, Gresham, Billings, Acres, Steven, Carlisle would absolutely net some kind of first… Ross, Roberton, Dunstan would be close too.

Pebbles is a pretty generous nic TBH.
No worries, you apologising for your homophobic comment are you?????

Ant Rocca rolled with Pebbles, didn't he!!!!!?

A nickname by the way, is only genuine if the recipient is accepting or it comes from a mate, you and Drake fall under neither category!!!!!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

The strongest draft ever (or so the experts say) and we don’t have a 2nd or 3rd round pick
Heads need to roll

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Tradeable
Bruce and fourth round FOR second round - many teams would want
Armitage and fourth FOR second round - Essendon need his clearances

Weller - GCS with brother - fourth round
Lonie - fourth round
Longer - fourth swaps

If we can net
2 Second rounds while cleaning out closet would be fantastic

suss
Club Player

Zed wrote:The strongest draft ever (or so the experts say) and we don’t have a 2nd or 3rd round pick
Heads need to roll
I think the mastermind of that trade now work at the Bulldogs. In fairness, Ameet did a stellar job the year beforehand with the Hawks deal so it's hard to be too angry.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The_President wrote:Do you want us to become like Carlton?!

How many top 20 picks do we need on our list?

Focus on DEVELOPMENT and CULTURE and we’ll be fine.

Maybe come up with a game plan that plays to our teams strengths... maybe allow them to play on natural instinct and ability instead of trying to make them all become pressure/tackling machines like Rob Eddy.
The club is extremely poor at development.
Look at others like Crows, Swans, even Pies n Bombers-
their young ones grow.
Ours just go backwards.
We could get the first 10 picks, but the club would ruin them forever.

Gresh is stale, Billings is not a shadow of what he could be, Ross has taken years to become
an accumulator (but he is still very sloppy and undisciplined)

Why get excited over good picks
when the club is rubbish at grooming young players?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee