So much Richo hate.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: So much Richo hate.

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Pretty spot on. We have many coaches and unfortunately due to financial issues a lot of them have other jobs. As an example five of them weren’t at the game on Sunday, that doesn’t help. Richo is not the problem, he’s certainly not the Messiah, but he’s not a fool either. He knows his craft. As I mentioned in a previous post you’ll see a vastly different approach against the GWS. Probably somewhere in between the previous game and the next one ( hopefully) will be the sweet spot. I’m stating the bleeding obvious but if we just nail our first few chances watch the heads rise.
Tony, with respect, the buck stops with Richo. He comes across as all system and process, stuck in them even when they dont work, and no gut level inspiration. Casting the reasons for the dismal season so far at the feet of some indeterminate factor that can be remedied by nailing some early chances and heads lifting strikes me as massive denial of how crap we are and how badly things aren’t working. We’ve kicked 5, 7 and 7 goals. I really hope your comments dont reflect a club wide level of denial, coz if they do we are absolutely stuffed.
Wow, a SS nuff nuff who thinks he knows more than a club employee.
If the club employee is delusional, represents a broader view within the club and speaks in generic platitudes about systemic problems, then that’s cause for concern in any organisation.
Pot, kettle black. You are the delusional one imhfo. How dare you pay out on Tony 74 with such rubbish comments.
Don't think I'm paying out on Tony. I'm challenging him though. I think the club is in deep doo doo. Tony posted that a good start and lifted heads will make a big difference, which is possibly true but not a panacea. He also posted that Richo is not the problem. So if not Richo, what is the problem? I completely disagree with the view that Richo is not the problem and I think if that's a view widely held within the club, then we are in for a lot more of the same shyte we've seen so far this year.
I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Maybe some of them have had too much of a say.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Certainly hope you’re right and that makes things improve. Couldn’t be looking much worse. At this point we are firmly pencilled in for a bottom 3 finish when we are supposed to be challenging for top 4. Players don’t appear to be backing Richo. Looks to me like he’s lost them. There are some quality players, but they’re all playing like a bunch of nuff-nuffs. And nuff-nuffs suck.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
tony74 wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Truth is. We mere supporters will never know if Richo is the main problem at the moment relating to the Saints poor form. Its probably a combination of alot of things so lets be truthful and honest about it. I still always reckon the majority of the blame has to lie with the players this year. Their skills, inside 50's and goal kicking is deplorable and its snuffing out any chance of getting a victory at the moment. I have no doubt the coaches and players are busting to change things, but for whatever reason its not clicking at the moment. Something isn't right.

If only we could be a fly on the wall of the inner sanctum for a week!

I just ignore the rabid and insidious Richo hate. Its pointless at the moment and counter productive. We should judge the coaching team at the end of season unless we are 1-10 or 1-15 or something silly like that during the season.
Pretty spot on. We have many coaches and unfortunately due to financial issues a lot of them have other jobs. As an example five of them weren’t at the game on Sunday, that doesn’t help. Richo is not the problem, he’s certainly not the Messiah, but he’s not a fool either. He knows his craft. As I mentioned in a previous post you’ll see a vastly different approach against the GWS. Probably somewhere in between the previous game and the next one ( hopefully) will be the sweet spot. I’m stating the bleeding obvious but if we just nail our first few chances watch the heads rise.
Wow!

5 of our coaches have other jobs and weren’t at the game on Sunday.

Where were they then?
Bit of hysteria going on here. No, I won’t name them but depending on how you classify them we have 14 football coaches. It would be great to have them all full time but we just don’t have the finances ( as do other clubs ). The match day coaching panel were all there but others who may also work for other organisations ( I’ll let you work that out - it’s not that hard ) weren’t there. It may come as no surprise that the biggest clubs have the greater quota of coaches at the ground and at training on a more consistent footing. We DID NOT lack coaching personnel at the game on Sunday.

stonecold
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
tony74 wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Truth is. We mere supporters will never know if Richo is the main problem at the moment relating to the Saints poor form. Its probably a combination of alot of things so lets be truthful and honest about it. I still always reckon the majority of the blame has to lie with the players this year. Their skills, inside 50's and goal kicking is deplorable and its snuffing out any chance of getting a victory at the moment. I have no doubt the coaches and players are busting to change things, but for whatever reason its not clicking at the moment. Something isn't right.

I just ignore the rabid and insidious Richo hate. Its pointless at the moment and counter productive. We should judge the coaching team at the end of season unless we are 1-10 or 1-15 or something silly like that during the season.
Wow!

Where were they then?
Bit of hysteria going on here. No, I won’t name them but depending on how you classify them we have 14 football coaches. It would be great to have them all full time but we just don’t have the finances ( as do other clubs ). The match day coaching panel were all there but others who may also work for other organisations ( I’ll let you work that out - it’s not that hard ) weren’t there. It may come as no surprise that the biggest clubs have the greater quota of coaches at the ground and at training on a more consistent footing. We DID NOT lack coaching personnel at the game on Sunday.
Yeap, as I stated in earlier post!!!!!

Cheers Tony!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Wow!

Where were they then?
Thanks Tony. Good insight as always. 14 coaches is even alot in my books! :D

Also...Albert Einstein wouldn't have been able to work this forum out and some of its posters.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74
makes perfect sense.
Not sure how folks can get confused?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
degruch
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:tony74
makes perfect sense.
Not sure how folks can get confused?
First not having up to 5 coaches at the game 'unfortunate' and 'doesn't help'...next 'we did not lack match day personnel' and everything's ginger peachy...I think its pretty easy to be confused. Anyway, that's picking at semantics.

In any case, there was a load of press about our ruck coach being part time and how the club wouldn't stand in the way of Adam's other job, but we'd make the best out of it. Reading between the lines, its not an ideal situation...I'm not sure how it has reflected in the performance of our rucks over this season, or if its had any affect at all, but their onfield performance hasn't set the world on fire.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote: I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Certainly hope you’re right and that makes things improve. Couldn’t be looking much worse. At this point we are firmly pencilled in for a bottom 3 finish when we are supposed to be challenging for top 4. Players don’t appear to be backing Richo. Looks to me like he’s lost them. There are some quality players, but they’re all playing like a bunch of nuff-nuffs. And nuff-nuffs suck.
You said it. 8-) 8-) :lol: :wink:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Why is St. Kilda always so keen to talk the talk when by their own admission don’t have the resources to walk the walk?

Good luck with your free agency declaration. You may want to rethink referring to yourself as a “destination club” though.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
axcellence
Club Player

I sympathise about the part time situation but that’s no excuse for what this club is dishing up.

The admin is nothing but an inauthentic schmozzle

The club was even more behind some and didn’t do so badly under GT.

North has less resources but no one doubts their intent

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So this is a club with an annual budget of $50 million or something like that and we can't manage it properly.
Absolute rabble.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Oh in the schmozzle stakes we are quite authentic

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Tony, with respect, the buck stops with Richo. He comes across as all system and process, stuck in them even when they dont work, and no gut level inspiration. Casting the reasons for the dismal season so far at the feet of some indeterminate factor that can be remedied by nailing some early chances and heads lifting strikes me as massive denial of how crap we are and how badly things aren’t working. We’ve kicked 5, 7 and 7 goals. I really hope your comments dont reflect a club wide level of denial, coz if they do we are absolutely stuffed.
If the club employee is delusional, represents a broader view within the club and speaks in generic platitudes about systemic problems, then that’s cause for concern in any organisation.
Pot, kettle black. You are the delusional one imhfo. How dare you pay out on Tony 74 with such rubbish comments.
Don't think I'm paying out on Tony. I'm challenging him though. I think the club is in deep doo doo. Tony posted that a good start and lifted heads will make a big difference, which is possibly true but not a panacea. He also posted that Richo is not the problem. So if not Richo, what is the problem? I completely disagree with the view that Richo is not the problem and I think if that's a view widely held within the club, then we are in for a lot more of the same shyte we've seen so far this year.
I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Do you know something Saynta or is it a feeling?

How would an Assistant get too much control unless the Coach allowed it? I hope we don't have an Administration interfering in the Footy Department.

David-Lee
Club Player

I am responsible to provide a service contractually through private and government funding.
I have staff...who carry out the service delivery.
There are managers I employ who supervise the staff.

If we fail, It's my fault.
If we dont meet our quota it's my fault.
If we aren't profitable it's my fault.
Yes, I give managers freedom to act BUT it's my responsibility to ensure best practice because.....YOU FECKING GUESSED IT...ITS MY DAMN RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCCESS OR FAILURE.

So what you are telling me is if I dont meet my obligations I can blame the managers or supervisors I hired for failing?

I want a job at St Kilda!!! The only business on planet earth where the responsibility falls on the staff not head!

Count me in!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:I am responsible to provide a service contractually through private and government funding.
I have staff...who carry out the service delivery.
There are managers I employ who supervise the staff.

If we fail, It's my fault.
If we dont meet our quota it's my fault.
If we aren't profitable it's my fault.
Yes, I give managers freedom to act BUT it's my responsibility to ensure best practice because.....YOU FECKING GUESSED IT...ITS MY DAMN RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCCESS OR FAILURE.

So what you are telling me is if I dont meet my obligations I can blame the managers or supervisors I hired for failing?

I want a job at St Kilda!!! The only business on planet earth where the responsibility falls on the staff not head!

Count me in!
Exactly. Head coach means....”the coach in charge”.... Responsible for the strategy and culture of the team. Absolute bollocks to say TMBK is not responsible.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I guess time will tell.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Bit of both mate, but hey, others know better. Or so they say.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Bit of both mate, but hey, others know better. Or so they say.
Well, tell us what you know.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Can posters stop calling Richo The Milky Bar Kid (TMBK). How old are some of you? :) Seriously...you sound like Huggin's acolytes and we all know where he has ended up.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:Can posters stop calling Richo The Milky Bar Kid (TMBK). How old are some of you? :) Seriously...you sound like Huggin's acolytes and we all know where he has ended up.
Yeah, pretty sad, if you don't like the coach that's fine, but to refer to him as that is pretty low!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Can posters stop calling Richo The Milky Bar Kid (TMBK). How old are some of you? :) Seriously...you sound like Huggin's acolytes and we all know where he has ended up.
Yeah, pretty sad, if you don't like the coach that's fine, but to refer to him as that is pretty low!!!!!
I think the worst thing I've seen is when people accused Richo of hiding behind that poor kid in the after match press conference post the Good Friday Appeal game. Can people get any lower.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Suits him I reckon.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

What does it mean?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:What does it mean?
It means that people are childish.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
repta
Club Player

My issue at the moment is that the side is playing much like it did in the final days of Stan Alves.
They appear to be a disinterested rabble.

I watched the Adelaide game closely from a set up point of view (which can only be done at the ground). In my opinion the saints are not structuring up properly or to their advantage. Too often they are directly behind their oponent and not to the defensive side (behind to the angle) and there is too many gaps. Therefore Adelaide quickly picked the way through our structure easily.
Enough has been said about our attack which appears to be out of the 80's coaching manual.

Richo appears to be a nonce on game day. Would love to see a Rodney Ede type to take Game Day tactics and direction and leave Richo to be all warm and fussy on the development side during the week.