Question regarding AFLW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_President
Club Player

Question regarding AFLW

Quick question on our future AFLW team.

Any idea if they will be playing their home games at Moorabbin?

Seems like a silly question but stranger things have happened.

Can see the AFL demanding that they play out of Seaford.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Re: Question regarding AFLW

my understanding from what I read a while back is the team will play out of Moorabbin as well as use the facilities.

is anyone clear what the difference is between the Southern Saints, the St Kilda Sharks, and our soon to be AFLW team?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Southern Saints looks to be the foundation of our AFLW future. The Sharks have pulled out of VFLW and are focused on developing players at Div 1 and 2 level.

I guess it all depends on the development of the draft, combined with Academy zones and feeder clubs developing locals.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Here’s some info from the club I got today. Remember once stage 2 is completed everything will be at Moorabbin

While our men’s program will be immediately operational from RSEA Park on Monday, we will continue to operate our women’s football program, Next Generation Academy (NGA), community football engagement and supporting business operations from the Linen House Centre in Seaford.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 0eba744658

ST KILDA would be ready to field a side in AFLW 2019 with the Saints keen for the league to revisit its expansion plans.

The Saints were disappointed to be overlooked when the AFL decided to add two teams next season, with Geelong and North Melbourne .

St Kilda will have to wait until 2020, but with Peta Searle to lead the club’s VFLW side this year and a new sponsor in Reflex, which it’s believed is injecting $1 million into the women’s program across five years, Saints chief executive Matt Finnis said an early entry would be preferred.

Peta Searle will coach St Kilda’s VFLW side, while club great Nathan Burke will be an assistant coach. Picture: Michael Klein

“As we launch our Southern Saints VFLW team this year, who’s to say that the AFL shouldn’t reconsider the pace of its expansion,” Finnis told the Herald Sun.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Playing out of Moorabbin, I believe. I've already booked my spot in the Animal Enclosure, 2019 or 2020. Whatever, I don't care, as long as we get to our spiritual home. The first game back will be a sellout, no matter who is playing. I'm excited!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."