Did Paul Hudson’s departure affect the game plan?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Did Paul Hudson’s departure affect the game plan?

I’ve scratched my head and wondered why has the game plan deteriorated since 2016?

Paul Hudson’s departure seems like a good fit if not everything.

Back in 2016, St Kilda players would go through the corridor when the opportunity presented. Now the corridor is less used or less well defended.

Is Paul’s departure something to do with this...?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Did Paul Hudson’s departure affect the game plan?

I have no idea if we have any over all game plan as such
I think the coaches have a preferred vision but once the ball bounces the players revert to improvise and panic
And that "game plan" relies heavily on the skills and talent out on the field
I base this on tony74 reporting the players have not been following directions in the last two games
If your observations are true could it be a simple case that owning the corridor comes down to fast precise ball movement and onballers with true speéd?
We just might not have the cattle needed to achieve this...

Seeya
stkfc1
Club Player

If what Tony says is true then what the hell is going on that players aren't following team rules. Quite frankly ANY player that is not following team rules gets a game at Sandy until they follow rules. If its happened in 2 games then its incumbent on the coaches that the message is not getting across and stern action is required. These guys are paid professionals and like in any proffession if you dont follow company rules you are subject to disciplinary action.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Paul Hudson was a massive loss to what was already a mediocre collection of coaches. His success at Sandy, despite the milky bar kid's interference, speaks volumes. He resigned for family issues, apparently. Hahahahahaha! He resigned because the numpties at St.Kilda continually stymied him at selection. He'll be back in the system and that will be another club's gain. He'll never work for the milky bar kid again. Hudson may well be a senior coach one day. IMO a much better option that TMBK. Still, we'll have to wait until 2021 to relaod and be a serious challenger.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:Paul Hudson was a massive loss to what was already a mediocre collection of coaches. His success at Sandy, despite the milky bar kid's interference, speaks volumes. He resigned for family issues, apparently. Hahahahahaha! He resigned because the numpties at St.Kilda continually stymied him at selection. He'll be back in the system and that will be another club's gain. He'll never work for the milky bar kid again. Hudson may well be a senior coach one day. IMO a much better option that TMBK. Still, we'll have to wait until 2021 to relaod and be a serious challenger.
Is this stuff in relation to Richo an opinion?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

No. Two capable men had a collision and a difference of opinion. More a battle of wills. Richomwins as the incumbent, but we lost a valuable assistant or possible senior coach. The milk bar kid is a good option, but he's not perfect. Several of his underlings think the same thing. Just sayin'.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
takeaway
Club Player

Drake Huggins wrote:No. Two capable men had a collision and a difference of opinion. More a battle of wills. Richomwins as the incumbent, but we lost a valuable assistant or possible senior coach. The milk bar kid is a good option, but he's not perfect. Several of his underlings think the same thing. Just sayin'.
Source? You think Richo and his underlings are hopeless. Yet you still know what they think. Hopefully they don't read this forum or they might stop giving you all the goss.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I was surprised of the appointment of the midfield coach.

Perplexing actually

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:No. Two capable men had a collision and a difference of opinion. More a battle of wills. Richomwins as the incumbent, but we lost a valuable assistant or possible senior coach. The milk bar kid is a good option, but he's not perfect. Several of his underlings think the same thing. Just sayin'.
Did Trout and AR or someone do something to you in a previous life DJH? Not having a go at you, just curious. You don't rate either of them judged on your posts of late, but each to their own opinion I guess.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

People don't like dangerous ideas...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.