Teams for Saints vs. Melbourne JLT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Teams for Saints vs. Melbourne JLT

White may not be doing what is required, injured, not fit enough...who knows. I think the coaches and selectors would know better than anyone on here whether he should be in the team each week or not.

Everyone needs to settle a bit. He is still a kid and in his 3rd year. There is stuff going on behind the scenes we will never know and hear about which determines selections. Its just the reality of it all, whether we like it or not.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Brandon will be a very good player for us. And you’re correct, he’s heading down the same path as Blake.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

parkeysainter wrote:There is stuff going on behind the scenes we will never know and hear about which determines selections. Its just the reality of it all, whether we like it or not.
are you flinging rumour mud - or do you know something ?
as it stands you are accusing him of partying too much and not applying himself - if that is the case then the inner sanctum that is saintsational should know about it.
as it also stands tony74 is also insinuating that Acres non selection is due to the same antics
I spose I cant speak for everyone else who reads here - but I can handle the truth...

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I dunno, I still think dropping Acres after round one last year was plain dumb and I won't attribute the coaches for his good form later because of this.

White is 21 and sitting on 4 AFL games, if we are planning to challenge in 2-3 years time then players like him need to be hitting 50+ games.

Gilbert, Brown, Stevens, Wright, Weller are pretty unlikely to be part of our next tilt but we are choosing to play them in JLT matches instead of giving White one practice game. Zero chance of playing round one if you aren't given the chance to prove yourself in a praccy match.

Saintly66
Club Player

dragit wrote:I dunno, I still think dropping Acres after round one last year was plain dumb and I won't attribute the coaches for his good form later because of this.

White is 21 and sitting on 4 AFL games, if we are planning to challenge in 2-3 years time then players like him need to be hitting 50+ games.

Gilbert, Brown, Stevens, Wright, Weller are pretty unlikely to be part of our next tilt but we are choosing to play them in JLT matches instead of giving White one practice game. Zero chance of playing round one if you aren't given the chance to prove yourself in a praccy match.
Totally agree with the second part, what happens when we make finals and these kids are on 15 odd games whole lot of use it does to us then if they need to come in for someone.
As an example the Melbourne round 23 game last year where we had about 1% chance of making finals if that, was a perfect time to play some kids. People say “oh they have to earn it” that’s fine but what about players who keep getting chances?
I’m not big on having any player/s as a whipping boy but take someone like Lonie who keeps getting brought in and we get dished up the same garbage. Someone alluded to Robbo saying that Ricey had one of the more astute footy brains yet we leave him in the vfl but what would a fellow teammate know. Knowing our luck we’ll lose players then they’ll star for another team.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:There is stuff going on behind the scenes we will never know and hear about which determines selections. Its just the reality of it all, whether we like it or not.
as it stands you are accusing him of partying too much and not applying himself - if that is the case then the inner sanctum that is saintsational should know about it.
as it also stands tony74 is also insinuating that Acres non selection is due to the same antics
I spose I cant speak for everyone else who reads here - but I can handle the truth...
Think you misread my post. Not accussing White of anything at all. I wouldn't have a clue about what he is like and does in life or at the footy club. Just saying its very hard to know what is happening on the track and behind closed doors which will influence selections each week. We are mere mortals and supporters guessing each week about selections. E.g B. White's non selection in JLT

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:

WTF. We aren't any sort of inner sanum and have no rights as per the club.

And tony wasn't throwing s*** at either player. Learn to read before typing rubbish.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

sunsaint wrote:
I have no idea how you got “antics” into that report. Perhaps lackadaisical might be a tad closer. I’ll repeat,Brandon will be a very good player for us. As is Blake.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
I have no idea how you got “antics” into that report. Perhaps lackadaisical might be a tad closer. I’ll repeat,Brandon will be a very good player for us. As is Blake.
White lackadaisical? It means “lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy”

I don’t think that describes him at all.

Maybe off field he may be laid back (and yes I have met and talked with him a couple of times) but in field he is a hard hitting tiger.

Few of that type have been out and out champions.

Not all players are cut from the blokey boisterous cloth.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I dunno, I still think dropping Acres after round one last year was plain dumb and I won't attribute the coaches for his good form later because of this.

+1000

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
White lackadaisical? It means “lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy”

Maybe off field he may be laid back (and yes I have met and talked with him a couple of times) but in field he is a hard hitting tiger.

Are you challenging one of the ITK’s , Simon?

That’s not very nice. I didn’t think that was allowed.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 07 Mar 2018 10:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

I am definitely challenging the use of that word “lackadaisical”! Perhaps it’s true meaning isn’t fully comprehended and has been misused. I think Brandon is keen to succeed, quietly determined and building his training ethos each year.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
Melbourne v St Kilda at Ikon Park, 7.05pm AEDT
afl.com.au has this at Casey Fields

I have not been there before. Does anyone have any tips on where to park in the initial carpark is full as it does not look too big?

ie
I see there is a large grassed area nearby . Is that used for overflow carparking?

Do the nearby residential streets have parking restrictions on weeknights that prevent parking there?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 08 Mar 2018 12:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
oh when the
Club Player

Carparking is at the ground itself
Also in side service lanes of road
Give self reasonable time because road gets lots of traffic

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

oh when the wrote:Carparking is at the ground itself
Thanks. From google street view that looks to be about 800 to 1000 space in 2 carparks
oh when the wrote: Also in side service lanes of road
Give self reasonable time because road gets lots of traffic
I am aiming to get there at about 6 as the carparking looks tight and the weather is good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
barneyboyz
Club Player

Casey Fields is quite a large complex. It will cater for the numbers expected, but the later you are the more walking you will do. If you don't mind a bit of a walk (say 1k) then park at the sports complex to the east, on the main road back towards Cranbourne

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
barneyboyz
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote:Casey Fields is quite a large complex. It will cater for the numbers expected, but the later you are the more walking you will do. If you don't mind a bit of a walk (say 1k) then park at the sports complex to the east, on the main road back towards Cranbourne
Sorry, that's West towards Cranbourne

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

:D :D :D :D Mods are gods whilst we are mere serfs.

SMS
Club Player

Why? Why o why does NATHAN “I CANT KICK OR HANDBALL” BROWN keep getting games????

WHY IS LONIE DROPPED? He was one of our best players last week!!! Weller cant play football he is a bodybuilder rejected by gcs

AUSTIN AND LONIE SHOULD BE PLAYING. THIS IS bulls***

degruch
Saintsational Legend

It's a praccy match...who cares?

Darth Vader
Club Player

I’d define what lackadaisical means in a football sense but I’m too lazy, lack passion and don’t work hard enough.

StPeter
Club Player

White should never have been dropped last year after excelling in his couple of appearances.

It would have to be a very good reason not to have been given a chance in the pre-season games but maybe he is just out of favour with the coach.

Let's hope he is given a chance sooner rather than later this year. There are a few who seem to be automatic selections that should consider themselves lucky.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

I am definitely challenging the use of that word “lackadaisical”! Perhaps it’s true meaning isn’t fully comprehended and has been misused. I think Brandon is keen to succeed, quietly determined and building his training ethos each year.
as wittgenstein suggested - the meaning of a word is in its context. so whilst to you he is all the above, in the context of the average afl footballer he appears slightly below average in those traits?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

parkeysainter wrote: Think you misread my post. Not accussing White of anything at all. I wouldn't have a clue about what he is like and does in life or at the footy club. Just saying its very hard to know what is happening on the track and behind closed doors which will influence selections each week. We are mere mortals and supporters guessing each week about selections. E.g B. White's non selection in JLT
...this english stuff is a tough gig
When I read "going down the same path" I get a negative inference as opposed to say heading along a similar path
But more importantly linking White to Acres was telling. Personally I couldn't understand the non selection of Acres given the glimpses we kept seeing - so yeah there must have been a lot happening behind "closed" doors with Blake.
These two have all the right stuff to be incredibly important players for us & I believe we need to get as many games into them to be contenders as early as possible.
Anyhow on to Casey - a few people will be delirious that it isnt at ikon park - me - I only hope that the open fields wont cause difficult "conditions" for our players

Seeya
Saintly66
Club Player

StPeter wrote:White should never have been dropped last year after excelling in his couple of appearances.

It would have to be a very good reason not to have been given a chance in the pre-season games but maybe he is just out of favour with the coach.

Let's hope he is given a chance sooner rather than later this year. There are a few who seem to be automatic selections that should consider themselves lucky.
+10000000