Sack Dixon!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sack Dixon!

Kicking at goal at a low pressure training drill was standard again.

Are we sponsored by 7-Eleven? We always manage that sort of inaccuracy.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sack Dixon!

saintspremiers wrote:Kicking at goal at a low pressure training drill was standard again.

Are we sponsored by 7-Eleven? We always manage that sort of inaccuracy.
We must be.

We kicked 9.13. Turn that around (13.9) and we lose by 2 points. :(

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stonecold
SS Life Member

My Lord, all based on one windy night and Benny boy is in the gun, already!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Always hard to know what to make of preseason.

We had a pretty good preseason last year and still had a disappointing year.

But, I do think Carlton will potentially be ahead of us this year. Their younger players as a whole are more exciting and they do seem better coached.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Being better coached wouldn't be hard. It's not just the milky bar kid but the lot of them. As for Dixon, Sam Edmunds reported in the HS that one of "Dicko's" techniques is to get the players to think of their best sexual experience when lining up! No wonder they keep missing. Is that idiot for real? What are we paying him? In any event we saw the first results of his "expertise". Fits perfectly with the mediocrity that is the mantra of TMBK.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Drake Huggins wrote:Being better coached wouldn't be hard. It's not just the milky bar kid but the lot of them. As for Dixon, Sam Edmunds reported in the HS that one of "Dicko's" techniques is to get the players to think of their best sexual experience when lining up! No wonder they keep missing. Is that idiot for real? What are we paying him? In any event we saw the first results of his "expertise". Fits perfectly with the mediocrity that is the mantra of TMBK.
Paul Hudson told Loewe to imagine a fishing hook embedded in the scrotum,
to keep the head down.
If a guy finds a technique that works, great!
As long as it works.
I don't care what they visualize,
as long as most shots get the 6 points

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Drake Huggins
Club Player

9.13 is hardly a glorious endorsement. What if you're a virgin?

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
DJ Higgins
Club Player

bit premature to start this conversation but I don't blame Dixon for our kicking yet. Did our team do what he told them to do? Did they panic, are they still getting used to his techniques? etc. about June we should know

longtimesaint
Club Player

It’s a bit early to blame Dixon after one pre season game played in strong blustery conditions,
Let’s assess it at Etihad where conditions are not windy.
Last year we were unable to kick straight even there.

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kicking more points than goals last season cost us dearly. Ruined the entire season.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I have no doubt that sacking Dixon would:

* Improve our goal kicking
* Improve our stability
* Improve our reputation
* Improve our financial situation

He's had a couple of months. We've had one game. It's a no brainer. Just do it!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Being better coached wouldn't be hard. It's not just the milky bar kid but the lot of them. As for Dixon, Sam Edmunds reported in the HS that one of "Dicko's" techniques is to get the players to think of their best sexual experience when lining up! No wonder they keep missing. Is that idiot for real? What are we paying him? In any event we saw the first results of his "expertise". Fits perfectly with the mediocrity that is the mantra of TMBK.
Paul Hudson told Loewe to imagine a fishing hook embedded in the scrotum,
to keep the head down.
If a guy finds a technique that works, great!
As long as it works.
I don't care what they visualize,
as long as most shots get the 6 points
That was Peter Hudson. You only missed by a generation.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
spert
Saintsational Legend

It was a windy night against Carlton, but the Carlton guys seemed to be able to hit targets and kick goals, and also read the ball better in one-on-one contests against the wind. Not sure what Richo is teaching those guys, but it seems basic footy skills is not one of them.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:It was a windy night against Carlton, but the Carlton guys seemed to be able to hit targets and kick goals, and also read the ball better in one-on-one contests against the wind. Not sure what Richo is teaching those guys, but it seems basic footy skills is not one of them.
You mean that Carlton read the difficult conditions AT THEIR HOME GROUND better than we did????

Like India read their pitches better?

I am shocked!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
spert wrote:It was a windy night against Carlton, but the Carlton guys seemed to be able to hit targets and kick goals, and also read the ball better in one-on-one contests against the wind. Not sure what Richo is teaching those guys, but it seems basic footy skills is not one of them.
You mean that Carlton read the difficult conditions AT THEIR HOME GROUND better than we did????

I am shocked!!!!
I hate that iconned you park. Shithole for us. Always has been. Many many bad experiences there. Only good one was when we planted all those wooden spoons in the centre circle.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

I am shocked!!!!
I hate that iconned you park. Shithole for us. Always has been. Many many bad experiences there. Only good one was when we planted all those wooden spoons in the centre circle.
“ Iconned you park “. Good one saynta :P

Where are those Sainsationalist posters who organised that planting of the wooden spoons at Carlton?

It was in the days of ‘Son of 66’ (who also got the Moorabbin Wing up & going). The days of Phillip, Dan Warna etc etc.
Posters who came together to play in those yearly footy matches against supporters from other sites. Big Mart (aka Marto was always the best player, a couple of posters tore hammies!!! Also it was in the days before AFLW - The Sainstational team were the leaders, a couple of women played in our team - pioneers!

Saint66au, used to organise for us Interstate posters to sit with the mob on the Moorabbin wing, plus we trusted him, this unknown internet poster with our membership numbers, so as he could arrange for us interstaters to be sitting together at finals time, with other Sainsationalist posters. IMHO Sainsational was a more more Saints friendly site then. Humour and a love of the Saints and respect for differing opinions underpinned it.

Sure there were occasional bust ups, flame wars and a little bit of negativity amongst posters, but most posters were magnanimous, got over their tiffs with other posters........pity that doesn’t appear to happen now. It just becomes so personal & stupid IMO

Nowadays, the continual whinging about our club I think is abysmal at times. Then again I dismiss most of it. I’ve always found in life, that individuals who have never achieved much in their employment careers, sporting careers, political affiliations, & their personal lives are usually the moaners & whingers. They wouldn’t know what it’s like to ‘put yourself out there’ . To lead, to try to be an elite sports person, to do something for the community when you know it can bring criticism or possibly failure to achieve your goals........ nah it’s easier to be a whinging, meanspirited, nobody.

Ooooh I don’t know how our wooden spoons placed around the Carlton Ground lead me to this rant.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Maybe too many guys visualised behinds? :lol:

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:I have no doubt that sacking Dixon would:

* Improve our goal kicking
* Improve our stability
* Improve our reputation
* Improve our financial situation

He's had a couple of months. We've had one game. It's a no brainer. Just do it!
Not calling for his sacking, DS, but questioning his methods. If what Edmunds reports is true, he's embarrassed himself, the players and the club. What visualising sexual acts has to do with goal kicking technique has me stumped, although both require a certain degree of accuracy. Maybe we should start the players imagining they are kicking for goal when they are about to have sex. After all, if they successfully completed the act, haven't they just "kicked a goal?"

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
congorozides
Club Player

stevie wrote:Maybe too many guys visualised behinds? :lol:
:D

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Is this really a serious thread? :roll:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

parkeysainter wrote:Is this really a serious thread? :roll:
given that it's just one game, on a VFL ground, we all know it will take a few games
to get the routine right.

I think the OP is being a tad funny

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
noddy04
Club Player

loris wrote:
saynta wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

I am shocked!!!!
“ Iconned you park “. Good one saynta :P

Where are those Sainsationalist posters who organised that planting of the wooden spoons at Carlton? It was in the days of ‘Son of 66’ (who also got the Moorabbin Wing up & going). The days of Phillip, Dan Warna etc etc.
Posters who came together to play in those yearly footy matches against supporters from other sites. Big Mart (aka Marto was always the best player, a couple of posters tore hammies!!! Also it was in the days before AFLW - The Sainstational team were the leaders, a couple of women played in our team - pioneers!

Saint66au, used to organise for us Interstate posters to sit with the mob on the Moorabbin wing, plus we trusted him, this unknown internet poster with our membership numbers, so as he could arrange for us interstaters to be sitting together at finals time, with other Sainsationalist posters. IMHO Sainsational was a more more Saints friendly site then. Humour and a love of the Saints and respect for differing opinions underpinned it.

Sure there were occasional bust ups, flame wars and a little bit of negativity amongst posters, but most posters were magnanimous, got over their tiffs with other posters........pity that doesn’t appear to happen now. It just becomes so personal & stupid IMO

Nowadays, the continual whinging about our club I think is abysmal at times. Then again I dismiss most of it. I’ve always found in life, that individuals who have never achieved much in their employment careers, sporting careers, political affiliations, & their personal lives are usually the moaners & whingers. They wouldn’t know what it’s like to ‘put yourself out there’ . To lead, to try to be an elite sports person, to do something for the community when you know it can bring criticism or possibly failure to achieve your goals........ nah it’s easier to be a whinging, meanspirited, nobody.

Ooooh I don’t know how our wooden spoons placed around the Carlton Ground lead me to this rant.

well said Loris

noddy04
Club Player

How would Sam Edmunds know what Dixons techniques were?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

The players told him.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
noddy04
Club Player

LMAO the players told him. Sure they did.