Lethlean going to Saints?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lethlean going to Saints?!

I couldn't give a stuff if Hitler is in charge if we win a flag.
I'm merely pointing out that this was a bit worse than mere shagging.
If you want to believe it is all one big feminist plot and about political correctness then go right ahead.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I couldn't give a stuff if Hitler is in charge if we win a flag.
If you want to believe it is all one big feminist plot and about political correctness then go right ahead.
I hear you, Con. There's always more to these things than meets the eye, especially at the top of big corporate entities. I had a dabble in the "Dark Arts" of spin and didn't last long.
The s*** that goes on that we never find out about, or are simply lied to about, is staggering. I would've thought, though, if there was any significant raiding of the AFL bikkie tin, or rorting by Lethlean, I doubt anyone would touch him and he'd have hit a significant career "snake". This is hardly a career "ladder" for him, more like a bit of a life preserver. Dishonesty and thieving are far more frowned upon than bedroom gymnastics in the working world. There are numerous examples of affairs being tolerated and people's careers recovering from so-called sex scandals. Think Bill Clinton, Bob Hawke, the David Jones scandal, Tim Worner, and I could go on. Stealing, however, doesn't look so good. Think Bondy, Madoff, Foster et al. I think it's a gutsy move by the club. Plus side is we have a highly regarded (competence-wise anyway) AFL insider in our administration, probably at a bargain price. The downside is that it doesn't exactly fit the image of the culture we've been trying so hard to repair since KD. Pass the popcorn. :|

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I couldn't give a stuff if Hitler is in charge if we win a flag.
Are you stating facts about it 'being worse' or just going on a hunch.

Inappropriate relationships between coworkers and bringing the employer into disrepute are usually enough to get you disciplined. The public shaming and media barrage is enough to agree to quit.

I think he might have been hoarding soap and shampoo from motels rooms but I dont think he had to arrange business trips.

My assumption is that he lied to and led on a gold digging younger woman who probably didnt want to live in England with a full time footballer away from home and got in some extra marital shagging on the side.

It is disgraceful but very common place in all facets of society not just the corporate world.

Still waiting on any facts about misappropriation of funds or benefits. Still.waiting on facts about unnecessary trips to Sydney for a side shag.

I used to travel heaps for work and my wife would accompany me in those motels when she could. No big deal

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:This is just part of the reason, or symbolic of it, that we are such a piss ant club with such a shockingly poor history.
Personally, I would have NEVER entertained the thought of employing this grub. How can you trust him ??
He is a low life, aint no changing that,
Very disappointed in St.Kilda.
But you get used to that.
What on earth?

If Lethlean had not fallen on his sword, the AFL would have had real problems sacking him, because they had no lawful/reasonable reason to do so!

The AFL would have been reamed in Unfair Dismissal or Breach of Contract proceedings. He had an affair, that does not make him a grub or a predator.

It is a private matter between Lethlean, his wife and the woman with whom he had the affair.

The suggestion that he deserved the sack and should never be employed is a disgrace.
How do you know?
For all we know he was using the company credit card to book flights and hotels so he could have the affair.
May very well have been work related.
That would be more along the embezzlement line and there is not the slightest suggestion of that. He was pushed because he had an affair with someone reporting to him. Not a sackable matter unless the AFL had very specific policies forbidding affairs with Reports, which I very much doubt.
Not the slightest suggestion? Really?
I think there is definitely a suggestion of that. It would not be embezzelment as there is no such thing in the crimes act.

If there was misuse of a work credit card - it would be a sackable offence (he was sacked) - but no way would the AFL report it to the police over a few thousand dollars.

The full reasons for the sacking were never revealed so I dont know why people are so confident it was 'only an affair between two consenting adults'.

The reality is we dont know the full circumstances and there EVERY chance work resources were misused including flights and hotel rooms. He would have been given the opportunity to pay the money back quietly and obviously would have taken that opportunity.

FACTS
We know for sure Lethlean wasnt banging the lady at his own home.

We also know for sure that the lady was living in Sydney. So flights and hotels were being used to continue the affair.

The question is who paid???
Using a Corporate credit card on what you're not supposed to or contrary to authorisation is fraud, a criminal offence.

Again there is no indication of that happening other than your sheer speculation.
Only if the AFL pressed charges - which they definitely wouldnt given their obsession with managing PR.

What happens in the real world is the offending person is given the opportunity to pay the money back. As soon as this was discovered it would have been paid back quick smart.

No way the AFL would go to the cops about a few thousand dollars. It would invite a scandal. Also business will only go to the Cops if the amount is larger AND isnt paid back.

The AFL would keep this in-house and manage the message. That is their way. That is what they did.

Also the cops would not be interested in such a small amount at such a large organisation involving an executive - any criminal charge would be impossible to prove because the exec WAS authorised to use company credit card. So the issue is really one about internal AFL policy for CC use by exes.

You are just kidding yourself. No way would this constitute a crime. No way would the AFL press charges. No way the Cops or DPP would be interested in this. Almost impossible to get a guilty verdict - especially if he was going up for 'work meetings' even if those meetings were actually unnecessary and not completely genuine.

DIll ask you a simple question

Do you seriously believe SL was paying for his own flights and hotels when he went to Sydney regularly at that time?

Yes or No.

Use your brain. There is plenty of indication.
We know for an absolute fact he was going up to Sydney regularly for these trysts and we know with 99% certainty the AFL paid for these trips.
We know for sure this was mainly happening mid-week
I think that Lethlean is possibly Superman.

Think about it. Do you seriously think he was paying for his own flights to Sydney? Use your brain. What else could it be? Mid-week too, that’s the clincher...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:This is just part of the reason, or symbolic of it, that we are such a piss ant club with such a shockingly poor history.
Personally, I would have NEVER entertained the thought of employing this grub. How can you trust him ??
He is a low life, aint no changing that,
Very disappointed in St.Kilda.
But you get used to that.
What on earth?

If Lethlean had not fallen on his sword, the AFL would have had real problems sacking him, because they had no lawful/reasonable reason to do so!

The AFL would have been reamed in Unfair Dismissal

The suggestion that he deserved the sack and should never be employed is a disgrace.
How do you know?
For all we know he was using the company credit card to book flights and hotels so he could have the affair.
May very well have been work related.
That would be more along the embezzlement line and there is not the slightest suggestion of that. He was pushed because he had an affair with someone reporting to him. Not a sackable matter unless the AFL had very specific policies forbidding affairs with Reports, which I very much doubt.
Not the slightest suggestion? Really?
I think there is definitely a suggestion of that. It would not be embezzelment as there is no such thing in the crimes act.

If there was misuse of a work credit card - it would be a sackable offence (he was sacked) - but no way would the AFL report it to the police over a few thousand dollars.

The full reasons for the sacking were never revealed so I dont know why people are so confident it was 'only an affair between two consenting adults'.

The reality is we dont know the full circumstances and there EVERY chance work resources were misused including flights and hotel rooms. He would have been given the opportunity to pay the money back quietly and obviously would have taken that opportunity.

FACTS
We know for sure Lethlean wasnt banging the lady at his own home.

We also know for sure that the lady was living in Sydney. So flights and hotels were being used to continue the affair.

The question is who paid???
Using a Corporate credit card on what you're not supposed to or contrary to authorisation is fraud, a criminal offence.

Again there is no indication of that happening other than your sheer speculation.
Only if the AFL pressed charges - which they definitely wouldnt given their obsession with managing PR.

What happens in the real world is the offending person is given the opportunity to pay the money back. As soon as this was discovered it would have been paid back quick smart.

No way the AFL would go to the cops about a few thousand dollars. It would invite a scandal. Also business will only go to the Cops if the amount is larger AND isnt paid back.

The AFL would keep this in-house and manage the message. That is their way. That is what they did.

Also the cops would not be interested in such a small amount at such a large organisation involving an executive - any criminal charge would be impossible to prove because the exec WAS authorised to use company credit card. So the issue is really one about internal AFL policy for CC use by exes.

You are just kidding yourself. No way would this constitute a crime. No way would the AFL press charges. No way the Cops or DPP would be interested in this. Almost impossible to get a guilty verdict - especially if he was going up for 'work meetings' even if those meetings were actually unnecessary and not completely genuine.

DIll ask you a simple question

Do you seriously believe SL was paying for his own flights and hotels when he went to Sydney regularly at that time?

Yes or No.

Use your brain. There is plenty of indication.
We know for an absolute fact he was going up to Sydney regularly for these trysts and we know with 99% certainty the AFL paid for these trips.
We know for sure this was mainly happening mid-week
Merry Xmas though

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I agree with most of the above and everything Drake says.

I dont think SL did a lot wrong.

But I think it's a bit more than we know.

Ffs let's not worship him.

He's most likely a f***-wit.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I agree with most of the above and everything Drake says.

He made a boo-boo. Doesn’t mean he’s a f***wit though.

Given his boo-boo I’d assume he’s on a very tight leash and it should effect the size of his salary also.

In Lethlean We Trust.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Given his boo-boo I’d assume he’s on a very tight leash and it should effect the size of his salary also.

In Lethlean We Trust.
Some he is the new Messiah?

Why do you trust him?

derby Street
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

In Lethlean We Trust.
Some he is the new Messiah?

Why do you trust him?
Bains is gone - so now it looks like it's continually ping Lethlean.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Give it a rest Con . Your fantasies are wearing a bit thin and no one really gives a rats.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote:

Give it a rest Con . Your fantasies are wearing a bit thin and no one really gives a rats.
I do.
I respect Con's opinion.
This forum is for discussion.
If you don't like him, ignore him.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
KingSaint
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

I do.
I respect Con's opinion.
I don't...I dislike people who claim to know all the facts...but provide no evidence...other than their opinion or their assertion that they "are the only one on the forum who check facts". I have no respect for people who make their opinions sound like fact...based on who knows what...and then criticize everyone who disagree with them as some sort of club sycophant.

I have no idea who Lethlean is...I understand he has made some poor choices in his life...apparently...I certainly don't think he is some sort of messiah. But to suggest he has committed some sort of fraud...without any evidence other than..."there must be more than meets the eye"...is bordering on outrageous stupidity.

I have no respect for Con or anyone like him. If you are going to make such assertions in a public forum...back it up with something more than..."it is obvious, you must me all too stupid to see...I am the only one who checks facts...blah..blah...blah...constantly blowing ones own trumpet.

Given some of the assertions made by Con (artist)...I am suprised this thread has not been shut down by the mods!!!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

I do.
I respect Con's opinion.
I don't...I dislike people who claim to know all the facts...but provide no evidence...other than their opinion or their assertion that they "are the only one on the forum who check facts". I have no respect for people who make their opinions sound like fact...based on who knows what...and then criticize everyone who disagree with them as some sort of club sycophant.

I have no idea who Lethlean is...I understand he has made some poor choices in his life...apparently...I certainly don't think he is some sort of messiah. But to suggest he has committed some sort of fraud...without any evidence other than..."there must be more than meets the eye"...is bordering on outrageous stupidity.

I have no respect for Con or anyone like him. If you are going to make such assertions in a public forum...back it up with something more than..."it is obvious, you must me all too stupid to see...I am the only one who checks facts...blah..blah...blah...constantly blowing ones own trumpet.

Given some of the assertions made by Con (artist)...I am suprised this thread has not been shut down by the mods!!!
Very well written

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

I do.
I respect Con's opinion.

The forum is also for the expression of opinions. i expressed mine.

If you don't like them, I suggest you follow your own advice.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

I do.
I respect Con's opinion.

Very well written
plus one. Cons sladnerous comments also open the forum up to litigation.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

new stkfc employee sues unofficial stkfc supporters site

yep
there'd be brilliance n smarts written all over that move

Caro would un-retire herself for the stupidity of it all.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
santazzi wrote: On the question of his transgression, if all men in his position were dismissed from their post, I feel the nation may stutter to a halt.

Too true. I can't believe a liaison between consenting adults has become a sacking offence. Inspired decision by the club.
None of us know the full 100% story and GM said at the time there was more to it and he wouldnt be making it public.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Let it go Con. Instead, enjoy a merry xmas message from your favourite player - Big Mav.

http://m.saints.com.au/video/2017-12-24 ... the-saints

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Numpty

Con is right to question this Leftleaning Simon! Leftleaning Simon is fake news, believe me! And folks, there's also no doubt, no doubt at all, no doubt, that he's a trouble-making pinko like that sunsaint Mexican, or that tulip guy. Whereas Con, he Con, he has shown himself to be a true patriot. A true patriot, believe me! I can say this folks, because my fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body. And also because nobody knows about sunsaint Mexican tulips like I do folks. Nobody does, believe me.

I'd take this CEO position myself, and I'd be your champion and Messiah, believe me, but, the only position befitting of long and beautiful fingers like mine, is Commander In Chief, believe me folks. #makinglongbeautifulsunnytulipfingersgrateagain

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Numpty wrote:Con is right to question this Leftleaning Simon! Leftleaning Simon is fake news, believe me! And folks, there's also no doubt, no doubt at all, no doubt, that he's a trouble-making pinko like that sunsaint Mexican, or that tulip guy. Whereas Con, he Con, he has shown himself to be a true patriot. A true patriot, believe me! I can say this folks, because my fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body. And also because nobody knows about sunsaint Mexican tulips like I do folks. Nobody does, believe me.

I'd take this CEO position myself, and I'd be your champion and Messiah, believe me, but, the only position befitting of long and beautiful fingers like mine, is Commander In Chief, believe me folks. #makinglongbeautifulsunnytulipfingersgrateagain
GOLD! :lol: pure GOLD! Most amusing! :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)