Second round pick Kyron Hayden

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Second round pick Kyron Hayden

Think this guy would be a gun mid was AA junior under 15s before missing the whole of 2016 with OP
Likened to Sam Powell Pepper and Ollie vines, beat Nic Nats running vertical jump at the combine, could play immediately..

Here's the full story

ABOUT

Kyron Hayden first rose to prominence in 2014 after stellar performances in the National U15s Schoolboys Carnival. He won All-Australian selection, the WA State MVP and finished second to Luke Davies-Uniacke for the J.L. Williams Medal (the overall Best & Fairest for the Championships).

The following year, he was named Captain of the WA State 16s highlighting his enormous potential. However, in 2016, the Hale School student suffered the dreaded osteitis pubis, and was ruled out for the year.

But he overcame the serious injury to have a significant impact in 2017. Until round 18, he was leading the WAFL Colts Coaches Award, with starring performances against South Fremantle in round 1 (22 possessions, 7 inside 50s, 5 marks, 2 tackles and a goal), Peel Thunder in round 4 (23 possessions, 5 inside 50s, and 3 marks), East Perth in round 5 (29 possessions, 6 marks, 2 tackles and 2 inside 50s), Claremont in round 6 (24 possessions, 8 marks, 2 inside 50s and 2 tackles), South Fremantle in round 9 (22 possessions, 7 marks, 4 tackles and 3 inside 50s), and Perth in round 16 (20 possessions, 3 tackles, 2 marks and a goal). Despite only playing 14 games, he finished 3rd in the Taylor Medal (Subiaco Colts’ B&F) with 116 votes and finished fifth in the Jack Clarke Medal with 28 votes.

In round 23 against East Perth, he made his senior debut for Subiaco with the Reserves and he did not disappoint, winning 14 possessions, laying seven tackles and taking three marks. He followed up with strong outings in the Reserves’ finals campaign and was a key figure in their Grand Final victory over South Fremantle with 15 possessions, eight tackles, three inside 50s, and three marks.

He also drove his draft ranking higher at the AFL National Combine when he beat Nic Naitanui and Jared Brennan’s record in the Running Vertical Jump test, with 103 centimetres. He also jumped 82cm in the Standing Vertical Jump test, which is the fifth highest jump recorded in this test.

WHY PICK HIM?

He’s already been described as a “raging bull” and it is not hard to see why the comparisons have come about.

Hayden is as tough as they come, often throwing his weight around in the stoppages to win the contested possession, before finding a team-mate in open space.

As well as being a wrecking ball in tight, Hayden is a classy player with elite disposal by hand or by foot. His composure, reading of the play, two-way running and decision-making, makes him a tantalising prospect.

THE QUESTION MARKS?

If there is one knock on Hayden’s game, it is that he did not impact the scoreboard as much as he would have liked to in 2017. However, once he furthers his development in his forward craft at AFL level, he can become a serious weapon for whichever club picks him up at the draft.

THE WRAP

We’ve seen the success of Port Adelaide’s rising star Sam Powell-Pepper in his first year of AFL football, and Kyron Hayden is a big-bodied midfielder, not unlike the 2017 Gavin Wanganeen Medallist.

Like Powell-Pepper, Hayden has the build (185cm/88kg), to slot straight into an AFL team’s starting 22 and become an x-factor. He thrives in the crash-and-bash of the midfield, and often puts his body on the line to be a star in the stoppages.

His leadership, competitiveness and determination to succeed will endear him to his future coaches, team-mates and club fans.He

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Second round pick Kyron Hayden

Sounds impressive but does Con reckon he's gonna be a star?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Is his mum a good cook?
If so we will be in to him.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Sounds impressive but does Con reckon he's gonna be a star?
Con would prefer his parents were alcoholics or ice users, the kid barely passed Year 9 in some dodgy state school and dealt drugs and smoke packets in school from Grade 6. But at least he could play footy!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Con would prefer his parents were alcoholics or ice users, the kid barely passed Year 9 in some dodgy state school and dealt drugs and smoke packets in school from Grade 6. But at least he could play footy!
Fits in with our kultcha

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Kryon Hayden. Seriously, who calls their kid Kyron ffs.

DOB 7. 6. 99

Height 185.7cm
Weight 86.5 ks.

Kyron had a groin injury and had to work seriously hard to come back from that during the 2017 season

A poweful built young man who is a very strong inside midfielder and pleased the club(Subiaco) with how he went about his game.

He ran out of puff mid season but then modified his program slightly and then finished the year well.

He wins his own ball, uses it well and is"just stong in his attack"

Tipped to be a late pick or a rookie.

So a second rounder appears to be a bit high.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 10 Nov 2017 1:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You could forgive his parents if his surname was Kardashian.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Fits in with our kultcha
Should be included in the Draft combine testing imo.
The parent booze up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
I like them recruited straight from jail.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 10 Nov 2017 7:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Everyone knows private school draftees are better U/18 draft picks, much more than a country bumpkin or state school slogger. They are more educated and book smart too so they're able to understand a game plan better. The parents are usually better too...only thing is they can't cook for s*** because they have a full time Nanny from Germany making the meals!! :D

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

magnifisaint wrote:You could forgive his parents if his surname was Kardashian.
Parents massive Red Dwarf fans?

Seeya
Drake Huggins
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Everyone knows private school draftees are better U/18 draft picks, much more than a country bumpkin or state school slogger. They are more educated and book smart too so they're able to understand a game plan better. The parents are usually better too...only thing is they can't cook for s*** because they have a full time Nanny from Germany making the meals!! :D
Your Jaeger Schnitzel mitt Knodel is served, PS!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
I like them recruited straight from jail.
Trout visited prospective draft picks house and asked to stay for dinner.

Old man’s kid brought out the good plonk and a few Cubans.

All was going well until the old man had a bad case of after dinner flatulence.

It killed the deal and the kid’s career.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I like them recruited straight from jail.
That's Collingwood's recruiting zone

Drake Huggins
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I like them recruited straight from jail.
That's Collingwood's recruiting zone
The filth's Youth Academy, I believe, ausfatcat. Nothing like having a truly captive audience.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Everyone knows private school draftees are better U/18 draft picks, much more than a country bumpkin or state school slogger. They are more educated and book smart too so they're able to understand a game plan better. The parents are usually better too...only thing is they can't cook for s*** because they have a full time Nanny from Germany making the meals!! :D
Your Jaeger Schnitzel mitt Knodel is served, PS!
I forgot to mention they only drive oversized Audi's and BMW's so when they pull into the schools drop off/pick up zone everyone can marvel at their brilliance. Trout might even take notice if they're lucky! Con would be happy also!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Anyone seen this kid play?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Nah. Like the rest of them. I doubt anyone here has seen him play live, let alone in several games to judge him more accurately, but that's all part of the fun.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:Nah. Like the rest of them. I doubt anyone here has seen him play live, let alone in several games to judge him more accurately, but that's all part of the fun.
I think Con has.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Nah. Like the rest of them. I doubt anyone here has seen him play live, let alone in several games to judge him more accurately, but that's all part of the fun.
I think Con has.
He’s been over for dinner.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
I think Con has.
He’s been over for dinner.
Yep. Con has already checked his Yr12 report cards too.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Great name for a new Marvel superhero. Kyron Hayden. The poor kid probably has his names reversed all the time. A bit like Logan Austin, Jack Steven et al. Does anyone know how it's pronounced? Is it like Tyrone, or is it KyRON, or Keeron? Don't tell me it's the last one and the parents wanted it to be different to Kieran.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Drake Huggins wrote:Great name for a new Marvel superhero. Kyron Hayden. The poor kid probably has his names reversed all the time. A bit like Logan Austin, Jack Steven et al. Does anyone know how it's pronounced? Is it like Tyrone, or is it KyRON, or Keeron? Don't tell me it's the last one and the parents wanted it to be different to Kieran.
Try telling people how to spell 'Siobhan' :roll:
You get 22 variations, with 'Chevonne' being a boganistic favourite

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Drake Huggins wrote:Great name for a new Marvel superhero. Kyron Hayden. The poor kid probably has his names reversed all the time. A bit like Logan Austin, Jack Steven et al. Does anyone know how it's pronounced? Is it like Tyrone, or is it KyRON, or Keeron? Don't tell me it's the last one and the parents wanted it to be different to Kieran.
Interesting read on footyprophet.com about this 'raging bull' with 'elite by hand+foot' who could start in Rd 1 senior AFL, such is the expectation on such a hefty specimen. Boy in man's body etc.
Using phone and unsure how to do hyperlink.
Now...
His name:
His twitter is protected, but one of his twitter followers, who seems to be a relative, told me via tweet that
'Kyron' is adapted from 'Chiron'- Greek mythology- 'a centaur that taught the chief god Zeus' and means handsome/strong/loyal etc.
I am a very keen student of Greek myths, but that's got me going??? Not sure, have to look deeper.

(Ah well, weekend over, tomorrow will again be Sisyphean :-) look that one up)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Drake Huggins
Club Player

I've looked it up over and over again. I prefer to compare saints' fans to Tantalus.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."