They will all learn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

They will all learn

do Not get into wrangling with Essendon- they are awful to deal with
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essend ... de076d0264

BUt- they will get it all??
Essendon’s football chief Rob Kerr said on Monday that the Dons had “a strategy” that would enable them to land Stringer, Smith and Saad without giving up young utility and 2015 Pick 5 Aaron Francis, who has asked for a trade back to a South Australian club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Re: They will all learn

In his dreams. The Essendope tactic is to be a complete dick in negotiations, give nothing, demand everything and then wait for the other side to crack. Worked a treat with Carlisle, didn't it? I think their well-deserved reputation for being the worst club to deal with will surely start to bite. Sheedy used to delight in stuffing opposition clubs around. The tradition continues. People have long memories, especially in an industry as incestuous as the AFL.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

A club like Hawthorn on the other hand are great to deal with at this time of year.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunch of drug cheating scum.

I really hope they get Stringer and pay overs for him.

He's a perfect fit for them, and will like to mix his young girls and drugs. I bet he wishes Nixon was still in he game. Match made in heaven!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

A club like Hawthorn on the other hand are great to deal with at this time of year.
It all started with Sheedy, ps. Absolute prick, who delighted in changing his mind, making false promises etc.. I'll be surprised if they get all three.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

And while I'm at it, they have Rob Kerr (Derr was his nickname when he worked at the PA :) ) as their footy chief. I hope he does as good a job at the dopers as he did as list manager at Brisbane. Lost player after player and rode that list to the bottom. They're still recovering. Here's doping, I mean hoping he works his peculiar brand of magic at the bummers.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
ctqs
Club Player

It's amazing how many people are surprised when I tell them we've played in more grand finals than that mob over the last 20 years.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
spert
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:It's amazing how many people are surprised when I tell them we've played in more grand finals than that mob over the last 20 years.
Maybe we're just too nice

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Essendon’s football chief Rob Kerr said on Monday that the Dons had “a strategy” that would enable them to land Stringer, Smith and Saad without giving up young utility and 2015 Pick 5 Aaron Francis, who has asked for a trade back to a South Australian club.
Should ring alarm bells already, shouldn't it? And what 'strategy' would that be? An off-the-books 'strategy' perhaps?

Interesting that Nick Bowden (I think) published an article on afl.com.au about the Dons woeful trading history, how much they need to trade in experienced talent, and how they need to reverse the trend of agents and clubs encouraging players to look elsewhere as a result. It would be absolute gold to see their 'strategies' of the past 20 years completely unravel on them to keep the club middling for decades.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

It all started with Sheedy, ps. Absolute prick, who delighted in changing his mind, making false promises etc.. I'll be surprised if they get all three.
Yep, an absolute prick. that was my opinion after talking to him a couple of times.