Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

bergsone wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
spert wrote:Very strong whisper at BBQ last weekend about bald CG Suns player coming to Seaford...
I know that he has strong ties to Langwarrin, but why would he be coming to Seaford, when he has nominated Geelong?
Just wondering ,are there any other bald Suns players ?
Possibly - but when you just refer to a bald Suns player, and do not make any other reference (particularly as he has asked for a trade) - the inference is GAJ.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
spert wrote:Very strong whisper at BBQ last weekend about bald CG Suns player coming to Seaford...
I know that he has strong ties to Langwarrin, but why would he be coming to Seaford, when he has nominated Geelong?
Possibly - but when you just refer to a bald Suns player, and do not make any other reference (particularly as he has asked for a trade) - the inference is GAJ.
I'll have to organise another BBQ and see if I can get more information

saint-stu
Club Player

Zed wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Jaxons, anything in this? Would Brisbane be interested in swapping pick 1 for 7 and 8?
AFLTradeWhisperer wrote:Suggestions this morning STK + CAR may be negotiating a pick exchange. #whispers STK want to climb draft order w/ player in mind #AFLTrades
Are we after Cameron Rayner?
Makes me nervous quite frankly

Last time we got cute with presuming who might go where we got out manouvered by West Coast - ended up losing out on Chris Judd. For all we know Rayner (or our target) may well get picked before our pick.prefer to Use one of Pick 7 & 8 on best available, and hang the other one out for trade bait with GWS and lure 1 or 2 of their young Vic guns home.
But if we trade up to pick 1, we can get the next Judd/Dusty in Rayner?

1ac46a38
MickThomas
Club Player

spert wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
Ask your former wife if she knows anything.
After all, she's the 'ex-pert' :shock: :D :lol:

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
SMS
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:
Zed wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Jaxons, anything in this? Would Brisbane be interested in swapping pick 1 for 7 and 8?
AFLTradeWhisperer wrote:Suggestions this morning STK + CAR may be negotiating a pick exchange. #whispers STK want to climb draft order w/ player in mind #AFLTrades

Last time we got cute with presuming who might go where we got out manouvered by West Coast - ended up losing out on Chris Judd. For all we know Rayner (or our target) may well get picked before our pick.prefer to Use one of Pick 7 & 8 on best available, and hang the other one out for trade bait with GWS and lure 1 or 2 of their young Vic guns home.
Have to try
Youtube rayner afl. He is the best by far. So dusty like. Wins own ball, delivers/team player and my god what a goal scorer. We HAVE to get him. The rest are very vanilla. Do you want 2x Newnes or 1x Dusty?

saint-stu
Club Player

SMS wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Zed wrote:

Have to try
Youtube rayner afl. He is the best by far. So dusty like. Wins own ball, delivers/team player and my god what a goal scorer. We HAVE to get him. The rest are very vanilla. Do you want 2x Newnes or 1x Dusty?
Totally agree. Even the other highly rated guy Luke Davies-Uniake didn't look that impressive.

1ac46a38
SMS
Club Player

Dow id also be stoked to have

We must get DOW or DUSTY i mean RAYNER

Dow just as good.
Pretty clear the midfielders
Group 1
Rayner
Dow

Group 2
Uniacke
Cerra

Stephenson is a hard one. if we had pick 7 and got stephenson could be a blessing

No doubt Rayner is dustt and Dow is dangerfield. The way Dow shrigs tackles so centered just like paddy dangerfield. We really should upgrade to 1-3 and get one of them.

If we keep 7,8 then stephenson and higgins we must try. They have xfactor.

saint-stu
Club Player

SMS wrote:Dow id also be stoked to have

We must get DOW or DUSTY i mean RAYNER

Dow just as good.
Pretty clear the midfielders
Group 1
Rayner
Dow

Group 2
Uniacke
Cerra

Stephenson is a hard one. if we had pick 7 and got stephenson could be a blessing

No doubt Rayner is dustt and Dow is dangerfield. The way Dow shrigs tackles so centered just like paddy dangerfield. We really should upgrade to 1-3 and get one of them.

If we keep 7,8 then stephenson and higgins we must try. They have xfactor.
He looks very good. If we get pick 3 from Carlton, the risk is he might get picked at 2.

1ac46a38
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Totally agree. Even the other highly rated guy Luke Davies-Uniake didn't look that impressive.

Geez, he looks great against that bunch of witches hats.

supersaints
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Ben Dixon has joined us a goal kicking coach.
Willl be announced today,
Great news I heard him on SEN about a month ago and he really seemed to know a about goal Kicking .. I posted on here after I heard him speak "Like to see Ben Dixon as goal kicking coach, he was on SES last week and it seems he is quite sought after."
Happy to see Hamill get his own gig"

He was really, really impressive with his knowledge .worked with some of the troubled goal kickers , most impressive was that he believed that there was not a " one fit fix" . I expect a big improvement next year, if anyone can get the audio from SEN it's worth listening to

Great news Jaxons

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
St Loxton
Club Player

Yeah Rayner looks ready to go for next year with a full pre-season.
Has the body type that within a few years of weigh training will be a nugget.
Has a low centre of gravity, and will be exciting to watch no doubt.

spert
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
spert wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
No BBQ invite for you...

MickThomas
Club Player

spert wrote:
MickThomas wrote:
spert wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
No BBQ invite for you...
:D :o

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Watching those Cam Rayner highlights he has a bit of a Robbie Gray feel to him - he doesn't look or seem overly tall but he is a strong in the air and on the ground and has exceptional agility and goal sense.

Paddy Dow to me moves a bit like Ben Cousins - not saying he will be as good but just a movement comparison

Wasn't there word earlier that our recruiters were paying close attention to Paddy Dow at an U18 game??

Anyway if we do manage to move up the draft order - Rayner, Dow or LDU??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint-stu
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Watching those Cam Rayner highlights he has a bit of a Robbie Gray feel to him - he doesn't look or seem overly tall but he is a strong in the air and on the ground and has exceptional agility and goal sense.

Paddy Dow to me moves a bit like Ben Cousins - not saying he will be as good but just a movement comparison

Wasn't there word earlier that our recruiters were paying close attention to Paddy Dow at an U18 game??

Rayner is 187 so pretty tall for a mid.

1ac46a38
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Watching those Cam Rayner highlights he has a bit of a Robbie Gray feel to him - he doesn't look or seem overly tall but he is a strong in the air and on the ground and has exceptional agility and goal sense.

Rayner is 187 so pretty tall for a mid.
Looks a lot shorter in those highlights unless of course everyone else is 194cm +

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

You just know that moving up the draft order won't help as the team that has the pick before us will get our man (say Rayner) and then we'll say we were really after the other player (Dow) anyway. :roll:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Not sure why some on here have to be such a-holes.

Don’t read it if you don’t like it. Jaxons is the most reliable itk for the saints. Both here and BF. The constant baiting would just mean he doesn’t post which would really f*** me off given this is the most interesting time of year for a struggling club like ours and I started the thread!!!

Thanks MC, I was close to deleting my account to be honest.

f*** off ignore the ignorance your input is welcome Jaxons so much of every forum is people spewing thoughts and made up s*** as fact it's great to have someone with actual real knowledge

ace
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
Zed wrote:

Brisbane has pick No 1, Gold Coast No2 and Carltank No 3.
Is Brisbane willing to trade 1 for 7 and 8.
With their list they should, but egos prevent clubs making the right decision.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
avid
Club Player

Thanks Jaxons. I enjoy getting your news, and hearing what you know is in the air, even if if it doesn't always eventuate.
It's appreciated.
Please ignore the ungrateful and rude on this forum.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:Thanks Jaxons. I enjoy getting your news, and hearing what you know is in the air, even if if it doesn't always eventuate.
It's appreciated.
Please ignore the ungrateful and rude on this forum.
Plus 1

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Just listened to Ameet on trade radio.

Interestingly lined up with exactly what Jaz has been telling me.

Very happy to take 7 & 8 to the draft

Also happy to trade up in the draft

Quashed rumours on Shiel and devin Smith

Didn’t completely rule out Gaff

Seemed positive on Talia

#1 Ryder fan
Drake Huggins
Club Player

That all seems very sensible. In the end, all the speculation from Jaxons and others on here amounts to nothing. All that matters is what we get. No one can accurately predict what that will be because things can change at the last minute. Laverde, Trout's love child was signed sealed and delivered last year. What he and his management were up to was playing the saints off against the dopers. In the end, Laverde got what he wanted. A contract boost and extra bucks. Such is the nature of the game. So don't anticipate anything, no matter what trusted sources tell you. It ain't over until it's over.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Did he rule out Smith? I didn't think so, just said he was being pursued hard by others, and his interest in us didn't seem as great as the other options.

Bit sad that Carlton and Collingwood are seen as ahead of us, but I guess a player might be happy to wait a year or two later for a crack at the finals and take all the fringe benefits the bigger clubs can offer in the interim (not to mention what's on offer post career). Interesting that Smith mentioned treatment of his knee was paramount to his decision, but I wouldn't have thought the Pies have a great track record in that regard (i.e. Freeman's treatment)?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Just listened to Ameet on trade radio.

Interestingly lined up with exactly what Jaz has been telling me.

Very happy to take 7 & 8 to the draft

Also happy to trade up in the draft

Quashed rumours on Shiel and devin Smith

Didn’t completely rule out Gaff

Seemed positive on Talia
Liam
1 hour ago

ST KILDA TRADE NEWS

St Kilda list boss Ameet Bains covered a range of topics on AFL Trade Radio this morning. Here is a snapshot.

On targeting Dylan Shiel:

“Ever since he made that commitment to the Giants we've been told he's happy there. So those rumours are off the mark.”

On targeting Andrew Gaff:

“We did ask the question of the Eagles on Gaff. He's contracted. The Eagles are keen to retain him. And he hasn't indicated any interest to move at this point in time.”

On the draft:

“The prospect of using the top 10 picks is really enticing for us. It's a strong top-end of the draft. We've had a number of clubs speak to us about pick swaps.”

On David Armitage:

“Dave is certainly not looking to go anywhere and we certainly haven't had any discussions with clubs.”
On Steven Motlop:

“We had some discussions with Motlop's manager and our indications are that if he leaves Geelong he'll move interstate.”
expanded thumbnail