We should be shattered....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: We should be shattered....

I hope Richmond win it.
But yes, we should be shattered.
Selection table and coaching as well as poor kicking cost us finals.
It is anyone's for the taking this year.

Nee!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

ss1986 wrote: I couldn't name a team that has ever made a GF after being 15 goals down in a half to a team that finished outside the 8.
Carlton, 1995. Round 9. vs St Kilda.

Ok, it wasn't 15 goals the difference at halftime, but 44 to 5 was as good as given the conditions that day. We ended up winning 11.14 to 3.6. Carlton lost two games for the year and end up premiers, we finished 14th.

It was actually the second time in three years we held the eventual premiers to just 3 goals at Waverley in the wet. Did the same thing to West Coast in 1992, but we made the finals that year.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

degruch wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Richmond will be premiers. Put your house on it!
Richmond winning a premiership this year would surely be one of the first signs of the Apocalypse, wouldn't it?

For my 2 cents, they're unlikely to make it through a prelim, not a chance if they make a GF...I can't see how they've made it this far!
If Ninthmond is leading late in the last quarter of the GF, the 4 Horsemen of the apocalypse will arrive, signalling the end before they can claim the cup.

"And there was a great noise, the angel of death did blow his trumpet and summoned the 4 horsemen. When the tiger threatens to rise, the Lion will come to deny it and then it will lie with the lamb." Revelation 2:27

"I am Lord Shiva, bringer of death, destroyer of worlds. Bring me the hide of the tiger (from the Boardroom) and I will deliver ye all from the endless torment of a Richmond premiership"
Mahabharata: (Ancient Hindu text)

"And the concrete bowl fills with yellow and black bile
On the banks of the muddy river
Hysteria in anticipation of the great victory
Torn down and falls in flames into ash."

Quatrain No. 116
Nostradamus.

See, nothing to be worried about. It has been foretold. No Premiership for you, Ninthmond fans!

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

^ :lol: Yes...exactly what I was thinking.

And yes, I would be shattered...after the Bulldogs last year, the two most hapless league cloggers of the AFL (aside from a few franchise clubs) lob in for a lazy couple junktime premierships whilst we're 'rebuilding'. I'll be sh!tty as.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Richmond winning a premiership this year would surely be one of the first signs of the Apocalypse, wouldn't it?

For my 2 cents, they're unlikely to make it through a prelim, not a chance if they make a GF...I can't see how they've made it this far!

You're joking? of course? :?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

Richmond will not won the flag this year, they'll be lucky to even make the Grand Final!!!!!

They WILL Choke, just wait, they are still Richmond!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Richmond will not won the flag this year, they'll be lucky to even make the Grand Final!!!!!

You're joking? of course?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:Richmond will not won the flag this year, they'll be lucky to even make the Grand Final!!!!!

You're joking? of course?
Assuming GWS win this week... They'll beat the Giants at the 'G.
Last edited by prwilkinson on Tue 12 Sep 2017 5:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Richmond will play the prelim at THEIR home ground. 95k+ in attendance. GWS or WC, doesn't matter who the Tigers play, they WILL win. Why? Because they are fit, focussed and READY! Having Martin in the side helps too I guess! :lol:

If they win the PF, they can beat whoever they have to in a GF! I for one, hope they do! Go Tigers!

older saint
SS Life Member

Richmond will make the GF.Their pressure is impressive and where they are better than us is they have 3 A Grade players - Dusty, Cotchin, Rance, and A- in Jack . Whether they can beat Syd or Adelaide remains to be seen but GF throw up odd results - 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2016

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I'm not shattered. I am looking forward to next year. Good luck to the Tigers if they can pull it off but I cant really imagine anyone standing in Sydney's way.

stonecold
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote:I'm not shattered. I am looking forward to next year. Good luck to the Tigers if they can pull it off but I cant really imagine anyone standing in Sydney's way.
It's Richmond, THEY WILL CHOKE, with crowd comes expectation, Richmond will CHOKE on their own belief!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
HarryM
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Richmond will play the prelim at THEIR home ground. 95k+ in attendance. GWS or WC, doesn't matter who the Tigers play, they WILL win. Why? Because they are fit, focussed and READY! Having Martin in the side helps too I guess! :lol:

If they win the PF, they can beat whoever they have to in a GF! I for one, hope they do! Go Tigers!
I'm with you jiggster, Go Tigers! :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:^ :lol: Yes...exactly what I was thinking.

And yes, I would be shattered...after the Bulldogs last year, the two most hapless league cloggers of the AFL (aside from a few franchise clubs) lob in for a lazy couple junktime premierships whilst we're 'rebuilding'. I'll be sh!tty as.
How are those Crahs fans going over in A-Town?

Can't wait to see 50,000 people all bum out at once when the Swines shatter their dreams, just like the Weagles did to the Smurfs last weekend.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:I'm not shattered. I am looking forward to next year. Good luck to the Tigers if they can pull it off but I cant really imagine anyone standing in Sydney's way.
It's Richmond, THEY WILL CHOKE, with crowd comes expectation, Richmond will CHOKE on their own belief!!!!!

You're joking? Of course? Don't let envy and pettiness cloud your judgement. Richmond ARE the real deal! I've got $500 on them!

SMS
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:

You're joking? Of course? Don't let envy and pettiness cloud your judgement. Richmond ARE the real deal! I've got $500 on them!
LOL same here!!! only way i could cope with a tigers flag. easiest $1100 ever made. They will win. NO doubt at all. everything going their way. CROWS going to GCoast?? WTF wrong wrong very wrong. Brodie smith was their best half back. Swans and Crows to smash each other while Tigers play bruise free vs gws. yep all tigers.

SAAD
Club Player

I think Richmond is going all the way...you need a lot of luck and to be injury free and they have it all going for them...no chance they don't at least make the granny...I'm hoping they blow a lead and get rolled in the final minutes of the GF.

I'm bitter and twisted, I hated seeing the dogs win and I'll hate seeing the tigers win...am I jealous? Yes... yes I f****** am! Lol

All we need now is for Melbourne to win it next year! Then the Bombers the year after followed by the Blues and Ill be in the psych ward!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:I think Richmond is going all the way...you need a lot of luck and to be injury free and they have it all going for them...no chance they don't at least make the granny...I'm hoping they blow a lead and get rolled in the final minutes of the GF.

I'm bitter and twisted, I hated seeing the dogs win and I'll hate seeing the tigers win...am I jealous? Yes... yes I f****** am! Lol

All we need now is for Melbourne to win it next year! Then the Bombers the year after followed by the Blues and Ill be in the psych ward!

REALLY? Does another club's success effect you THAT much? The Saints had THREE, yes THREE bites at the cherry and were unsuccessful. Was I shattered? Yes! Does it make me resent another club achieving what we couldn't? Errrrrrrrrrr NO!

saints66
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:We are the Charlie Brown's of the competition, ps. Those outrageous bits of good fortune seem to favour others, not us. Think about it. I've seen my saints in five GFs for zero wins. First there was Keddie's last quarter 4 goal blitz, after nearly being taken off before 3/4 time in 1971. In 1997, we lose Vidovic and Everitt at the death. Nicky's dad dies in GF week and Loewie's sister attempts suicide on the eve of the match, prompting Stan to consider pulling him out of the game. Adelaide kicks 14.1 in the second half and Shane Ellen (Yes Shane farking Ellen kicks five!).

2009 and the numerous misses, Schneider's non free kick in front of goal when scores were tied in the dying minutes, and of course, that toe poke. Then the Milney bounce in 2010, not forgetting Roo's rolling shot heading through before taking a final hop allowing Maxwell to touch it. Had it gone through it was game over. Beaten by drug cheating in the replay. Beaten by drug cheating the year before as well.

Sorry to trigger so many bad memories, but if something unlucky can happen to deny a flag, it'll happen to St.Kilda. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to run a warm bath. Keep the razors away, thanks.
Shane Ellen....arggghhh.

Still having nightmares.

I was happy enough to credit Jarman with 7 goals as he was a champion but to gift Shane Ellen 5 goals that really hurt.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
degruch wrote:

You're joking? of course? :?
Haha! Nope...why would I be wrong? I can't see much special in their armory, aside from Dusty, up against an array of monsters Sydney, Adelaide, and to a lesser extent (due to injury) GWS have to offer. They're playing great as a team at the moment, and they have a ton of good will behind them, but Richmond is always only one loss away from a complete crisis. Still, the Bulldogs did it last year, and in another year of pretty average footy they're always a chance I guess.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
degruch wrote:^ :lol: Yes...exactly what I was thinking.

How are those Crahs fans going over in A-Town?

Can't wait to see 50,000 people all bum out at once when the Swines shatter their dreams, just like the Weagles did to the Smurfs last weekend.
I don't live in A-Town anymore...had to move closer to Hardsaint so I could come to the footy and ruin his enjoyment of the game :lol: But my gawd it would be painful over there at the moment.

LOL, The Smurfs!!! Brilliant. Yes, it goes to show what an average year of footy it's been when a side who didn't defeat a team inside the top 8 all year finishes 6th! :shock:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Richmond will make the GF.Their pressure is impressive and where they are better than us is they have 3 A Grade players - Dusty, Cotchin, Rance, and A- in Jack . Whether they can beat Syd or Adelaide remains to be seen but GF throw up odd results - 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2016
Bro, i wouldn't call the first 3 GFs there odd results at all. 97 was always a 50/50 game, 98 sure Norf blew it but the Crows were brilliant and 2001 was a 50/50 as well but the Lions played it to perfection(one of the greatest GFs too but often overlooked in the rankings).

While I wouldn't mind if the Tiges won it - my dad follows them (he saw the 1967 GF live) and I have numerous friends who support them - I can't see them playing well enough to beat either Sydney or the Crows (though the later would be possibly an 'easier' opponent on GF day). The GWS/ Eagles game is still up for grabs and either of them - especially can win the PF. I have a soft spot for WC as my third cousin Liam Duggan plays for them.

Tigers are playing on a massive wave of momentum and fan hype but who knows if thats good enough to beat buddy and his mates. I'll halfway to Everest base camp on GF day but will try and follow with interest if the Tiges or Eagles are iin it.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

I'm envious, Stevie. If they win it, not even being half way up Everest will be far enough away to escape the hype and bs of the painful Ninthmond fans. You'll hear the roar from there. I'm good at lifting and carrying heavy things. Need a Sherpa ?

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
stevie
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:I'm envious, Stevie. If they win it, not even being half way up Everest will be far enough away to escape the hype and bs of the painful Ninthmond fans. You'll hear the roar from there. I'm good at lifting and carrying heavy things. Need a Sherpa ?
Lol you have the headband bro so that's a start :mrgreen: Look, even one of my mates who is a Tiger was joking about being Thirdmond or Fourthmond if they lose the PF lol. He knows it ain't a given as does my dad.

Richmond or the Eagles winning wouldn't be the kick in the guts like last year was - have never seen any footage of that game and very few pics only a couple by accident. I didn't know who won the NS until about April this year lol.

ss1986
Club Player

degruch wrote:

One step closer to the apocalypse..... :shock: