Stringer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Re: Stringer

Last edited by Myron Gaines on Fri 10 Aug 2018 8:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

older saint
SS Life Member

Ultimately comes down to the cost.Would be a first round pick so do you give up 7 or 8 for Stringer.

They are looking for a new HBF with Murphy retiring - Webster and 2nd rounder for Stringer and 3rd rounder

Don't want to lose Webster but have to give to get and keep 2 first rounders if needed for trade or draft

The_President
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:The Bulldogs have a toxic drug f***ed culture. Stringer will excel in a new environment
Unless he is the ringleader

howlinwolf
Club Player

He has nominated the injectors or the Cats as his preferred destination.
Injectors have pick 11.
Llyod reckons 11 is too much for him. lol

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
diddley
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:He has nominated the injectors or the Cats as his preferred destination.
Injectors have pick 11.
Where is this info that he nominated anyone? Is there a source?

shrodes
SS Life Member

diddley wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:He has nominated the injectors or the Cats as his preferred destination.
Injectors have pick 11.
Where is this info that he nominated anyone? Is there a source?
Mitch Cleary

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

not keen on him, unless he's going very cheap. i would do a second rounder, but we don't have one.
we have no one we'd let go in a trade for him that they'd take. i.e. i'd give them lonie, or hickey, or weller, or armo.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:not keen on him, unless he's going very cheap. i would do a second rounder, but we don't have one.
we have no one we'd let go in a trade for him that they'd take. i.e. i'd give them lonie, or hickey, or weller, or armo.
Just imagine we miss out on getting Kelly and pick up this bum instead. Not a good outcome.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
desertsaint wrote:not keen on him, unless he's going very cheap. i would do a second rounder, but we don't have one.
Just imagine we miss out on getting Kelly and pick up this bum instead. Not a good outcome.

All-Australian, Premiership bum!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Acts like Brereton, plays like McQualter.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Acts like Brereton, plays like McQualter.

Rubbish, Mini was never an All-Australian!!!!!

Been distracted by JJ's antics, still capable of being a star in the AFL, in the right environment!!!!!

MickThomas
Club Player

stonecold wrote:

Been distracted by JJ's antics, still capable of being a star in the AFL, in the right environment!!!!!
He's only young, 23, although he looks like an old bugger, so he still has at least 7 years left, well within our premiership window !

Get him, at worst, he covers for when Baroose loses form, at least Stringbean will put pressure on Baroose to perform.
Let's kick Baroose out of the leadership group next year so he can concentrate on being accurate

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Neither has Stringer in the past 2 years champ, he's been in and out of the VFL.

The last thing we need is a temperamental sook on huge coin who manages a few good games a year like he has for the past 2 years.

If the guy CBF training properly without having to change clubs, then he's not up to the rigors of elite sport.

Good fit for Essendon.
Last edited by dragit on Tue 12 Sep 2017 4:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

That All-Australian accolade went straight to his head and he went downhill skiing after it (possibly nose first). Either way he has drowned in his own bathwater. We don't need these types. Carlisle was enough of a risk, which has, fortunately, seemed to be panning out for us. I just get the impression we'd get absolutely fleeced by Footscray for a basket-case. No good!
Last edited by Sainternist on Tue 12 Sep 2017 4:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

That All-Australian accolade went straight to his and he went downhill skiing after it (possibly nose first). Either way he has drowned in his own bathwater. We don't need these types. Carlisle was enough of a risk, which has seemingly seemed to pan out. I just get the impression we'd get absolutely fleeced by Footscray for a basket-case. No good!

Agree with this. Dogs aren't going to relerase a bloke of this caliber unless there's some serious issues.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

That All-Australian accolade went straight to his and he went downhill skiing after it (possibly nose first). Either way he has drowned in his own bathwater. We don't need these types. Carlisle was enough of a risk, which has seemingly seemed to pan out. I just get the impression we'd get absolutely fleeced by Footscray for a basket-case. No good!

Agree with this. Dogs aren't going to relerase a bloke of this caliber unless there's some serious issues.
Absolutely! This has the word "AVOID" written all over it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:. I just get the impression we'd get absolutely fleeced by Footscray
Why?

Players that get shown the door go at a discount.

As they have been exited, the Doggies do not get to decide where either and so they are not in a strong bargaining position. He will IMO go for unders. Not ridiculously so, but unders .

ie Mitchell last season. (Swans did not have the cash). Mitchell chose his club and the Hawks got him for unders. I think that the Package will go fora similar trade cost.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 12 Sep 2017 4:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stonecold
SS Life Member

Stringers problem with the dogs is simple, it's JJ!!!!!

MickThomas
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

He turned up late for training a few times, big deal.
Him and JJ had some issues over his (Stringer's) ex-missus which they both denied ever happened.

Into his contract, write in some clauses like
-breaking team rules, arriving late to training, etc, he loses match payments and goes to Zebs for the next week, gets a $2000 fine...
hit him in the hip pocket
give him some hard and fast rules to stick to
set the boundaries
a change of scenery could do him good.

Jakey is doing magic on the field, I suggest this indicates his off-field demeanour might be (dare I say it) "Saintly"
Jake was asked at the early interview stage about "would you have an issue with travelling to Seaford?"
not sure if he lives in bloody Warrandyte or somewhere remote, or if Seaford is considered a bleeding day trip or what
But he said "travel no problem, guys"

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
supersaints
Club Player

stonecold wrote:Stringers problem with the dogs is simple, it's JJ!!!!!
Has more than 1 problem , but as for JJ ... he's not really religious but spent a bit of time in the Abbey. 0n more football related issues just doesn't do what the coach requests, or expects

There are some serious issues down at the dogs, they have thieir own rat pack just like the Colliwobbles

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Apparently, he wants to go to Essendon or Geelong. Based on that he is of no value to us and appears to be looking to be a cream on top player rather than a foundation to build from.
Hopefully the recruiting team are thinking similarly. He will end up at Essendon most likely.

MickThomas
Club Player

supersaints wrote:
stonecold wrote:Stringers problem with the dogs is simple, it's JJ!!!!!
Has more than 1 problem , but as for JJ ... he's not really religious but spent a bit of time in the Abbey. 0n more football related issues just doesn't do what the coach requests, or expects

There are some serious issues down at the dogs, they have thieir own rat pack just like the Colliwobbles
what the hell is "the Abbey"?
google search shows a retreat .
From the website:
Secure on the banks of the McMillan Strait foreshore overlooking Lake Victoria, is The Abbey.
Integral & gracious, wrapped in red gums & native bushland. Awaiting your arrival...
The Abbey offers space for silence and rest or fun and activity, for pilgrimage, reflection, healing, learning and recreation.

stonecold
SS Life Member

First Name: Abbey

Second Name: I'll leave that up to you to figure out Michael George!!!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
Him and JJ had some issues over his (Stringer's) ex-missus which they both denied ever happened.

-breaking team rules, arriving late to training, etc, he loses match payments and goes to Zebs for the next week, gets a $2000 fine...
set the boundaries

Jakey is doing magic on the field, I suggest this indicates his off-field demeanour might be (dare I say it) "Saintly"
Jake was asked at the early interview stage about "would you have an issue with travelling to Seaford?"
not sure if he lives in bloody Warrandyte or somewhere remote, or if Seaford is considered a bleeding day trip or what
But unlike Carlisle, Stringer was next to useless on the football field this year. Explain that one!

Perhaps we could get him for a packet of chips and then use him as ballast to help us stay afloat at various stages. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad outcome.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
MickThomas wrote:

set the boundaries

But unlike Carlisle, Stringer was next to useless on the football field this year. Explain that one!

Perhaps we could get him for a packet of chips and then use him as ballast to help us stay afloat at various stages. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad outcome.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)