Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

SMS wrote: John has also said his source is via a mate of a St Kilda player. So one needs to ask oneself would a StKilda player actually know this at this stage?
True but I was refering to John, MG also stated it as he heard it too NOT from john. .[/quote]

Yes but MG only said two people said it. He did not say that those 2 had inside knowledge though. Though it could just be chinese whispers.
Moorabbin Ghost, post: 52327307, member: 162141 wrote:Something has changed in the Kelly race too very recently. I've had 2 people say to me today that he will be a Saint, one saying from 2018-2023 for a touch over $6M.
Mark my words if he leaves he'll be a Saint.
SMS wrote:Also MY ITK suggested such a deal. All 3 could be from one rumor which isnt true. I reckon thats sadly whats happened.
Obviously I don't know your ITK from Adam and whether they are an actuall ITK or not.

It is just that my reading is that this all flared after Johns quote.

Obviously we all want it to be true. We will just have to wait and see.

The main thing that gives me hope now is that it is very late for Kelly to not have announced that he is staying. You would imagine that by now that GWS would have given their last firm offer re $ and contract length and so why the delay?

Also John just posted this just minutes ago.
John2010362340, post: 52388728, member: 179444 wrote:There is a reason the usual ITK don't know what's going on.. Door is slammed shut.. I repeat deal done 6 yrs..
So he seems increasingly confident that Kelly is coming.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SMS
Club Player

To be fair on MG he has clearly stated its not from John. I agree its most likely one rumor but interesting it got so far.
We would have to believe that Josh (one of the best youngsters in the game) wants to be a saint, live in his home town AND at a discount cause he doesnt want major limelight which could be true but probably not. $6m in 6 years plus bonus' and living in home town playing with mates is prertty sweet. giving up 300k+ though. There is no way youd live bayside and play for north or carlton the commute is almost undoable in peak traffic which is getting ridiculous in melbourne. 2hr+ drive everyday in that traffic?? no thanks. So hes either moving to north melbourne or calton to play for em which doesnt make sense when he is looking at real estate on southside of town.

PEOPLE say he will stay at GWS play 2 years and get $$$s later which seems most logical for bank ALTHOUGH in2 years maybe too late to be the local saint that he might want to be?? Interesting times ahead. We can afford anyone now but in 2 years may have spent that money.

lots to consider. I think now or never for us. He stays at GWS its for bank and therefore in 2 years will play for anyone giving the best money -at that time probably carlton/north should be in that mix.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Jaxons, what are the chances the club/Kelly camp is leaking false info (Josh staying put) to alleviate any pressure while he & GWS have a finals campaign to think about? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, thoughts on Stringer to the Saints?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, what are the chances the club/Kelly camp is leaking false info (Josh staying put) to alleviate any pressure while he & GWS have a finals campaign to think about? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, thoughts on Stringer to the Saints?
Posisble.

GWS are bang in the middle of a finals campaign and they are still genuine contenders if they can get their team selection right....

Until GWS are out of the Premiership race for 2017 - I dont think we should believe anything about JK... I think all options are still on the table.....
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 10 Sep 2017 8:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaxons
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, what are the chances the club/Kelly camp is leaking false info (Josh staying put) to alleviate any pressure while he & GWS have a finals campaign to think about? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, thoughts on Stringer to the Saints?

Myron I can tell you only what I know.
As of Tuesday I was categorically told he was not coming to Saints, and staying at GWS for 2 years.
Can it change, yes of course, however I know Paul Connors his manager is pushing hard for him to stay at GWS.
In the end it is Josh's call, but as of 5 days ago it was very very unlikely.
I have heard nothing about Stringer, but I can see an argument both ways.
On one hand, do we need a forward, when we really need quality mids, yet we need A graders desperately and when Stringer is on he is a match winner.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: I have heard nothing about Stringer, but I can see an argument both ways.
On one hand, do we need a forward, when we really need quality mids, yet we need A graders desperately and when Stringer is on he is a match winner.
Plus while we need A Graders mids more, the pool of such players who are gettable is very small.

Whereas Stringer is evidently available.

One can only get from what what is available.

SMS
Club Player

IF I was Josh id be going to te saints. We give him $1m when next year he gets what 700k to stay with giants?
And youve just had your best year. To think it would happen again and again is pretty forward thinking that gets you in trouble. One bad year and all you have is another year on 700k OR one bad year and all you have is 5 years at $1m in your home town?
Dont think its unreasoable to suggest we have a good deal on the table. unless of course he wants to live north of city. We surely have to have a chance.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think the other thing for ppl to remember is that things change...

The reality is nothing is in cement until papers are or are not signed in trade week. I bet all manner of things are discussed and considered over the course of an extended period of time...
Heck, 2 months ago I was considering changing my own job, then I took a role as acting manager for a while, now I've decided to stay put.

Imagine being an ITK and feeding back that kind of drama

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I can understand where Connors might be coming from.
Stay two more years. Get your Flag.

At the end of 2019 you will still only be 24.

At the point you can ask for a 7 year mega deal.

Dustin Martin is 26 years old and just signed a 7 year deal so Connors might be saying - what is the rush? You may end up with an even bigger deal in two years time.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Another interesting post tonight. Add your own dose of salt....

George, post: 52389367, member: 165246 wrote:The last update I got was on Friday night. Roo had spoken with Kelly and it's changed things. Kelly doesn't want to go to North because he doesn't want to be Judd v2.0 and carry an entire club by himself - North could've had both if Martin had signed with them. Fact that Hopper and Whitfield have both put pen to paper leaves GWS cash strapped if they weren't so already. If things change and he decided to remain with the Giants he'd be accepting an offer that would be significantly less than what we've proposed. These things change over and over again throughout a season, probably the reason you've heard conflicting views because it has been back and forth a bit. But he has agreed to terms. I believe we just need to facilitate a move with GWS now.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I heard JK is now coming.

The planets and stars are aligning to head back home to bayside Melbourne for him.

I know I would take the lovely bayside Melbourne over western Sydney. Total no brainer.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SMS
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:I heard JK is now coming.

The planets and stars are aligning to head back home to bayside Melbourne for him.

I know I would take the lovely bayside Melbourne over western Sydney. Total no brainer.
or flemington!!

LOL thats his choice ... a b or c.
GWS - 700k
North/Carl/Ess - $1.5m with pressure living on otherside of town virtually not even with family/friends anyway
Saints - Beautiful Sunny Moorabin on $1m - great pay with family/friends home town - without too much pressure of course pressure but $1.5m? he aint martin/dangerfield yet.

Getting Kelly for only $1m over the roos 1.5m would be satisfying.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Why would anyone with a brain want to live on the northside of Melbourne.

Bayside for me any and every day of the week.

Lygon Street is the furtherest north I ever venture and the only very very occasionally.

MickThomas
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:I heard JK is now coming.

He might get more at the Giants, but the extra $$ is used for running costs on armour-plated car,
kevlar bullet-proof jackets, and stab-proof training vests.
Western Sydney was voted more dangerous than Syria
by the UN Peacekeeping Forces

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Can't see any reason why they wouldn't have announced it already if has decided to stay with GWS.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Yep. Western Sydney is a dump for the most part full of every bum you can think of. You wouldn't even travel on a train or go for dinner in a couple of suburbs out there.

For JK to move back home to the Sandy/bayside area is an easy choice I believe.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Why would anyone with a brain want to live on the northside of Melbourne.

Lygon Street is the furtherest north I ever venture and the only very very occasionally.
Yes it's beautiful down there when the seweridge runs into the bay.....

King in the north here tanks...

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Why would anyone with a brain want to live on the northside of Melbourne.

Two words:

Combustible cladding

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Long Term Injury
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

Myron I can tell you only what I know.
As of Tuesday I was categorically told he was not coming to Saints, and staying at GWS for 2 years.
Can it change, yes of course, however I know Paul Connors his manager is pushing hard for him to stay at GWS.
In the end it is Josh's call, but as of 5 days ago it was very very unlikely.
I have heard nothing about Stringer, but I can see an argument both ways.

Thanks Jaxons for the insight, many many thanks. Fingers and every other appendage crossed... taking yoga classes especially for this

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

It is 7.4km from Port Melbourne to North's Arden St training facility. A 10 minutes drive.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Port ... !3e0?dcr=0

It is 20km from Port Melbourne to Moorabbin Oval. A 25 minutes drive.

This is why the Mods employ me to be a fact checker on here :lol:

MickThomas
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:It is 7.4km from Port Melbourne to North's Arden St training facility. A 10 minutes drive.

It is 20km from Port Melbourne to Moorabbin. A 30 minutes drive.

oh for gawd's sake. Those trip times are 11:30 pm on a Sunday night.
Try driving to North Melb during normal traffic. How about One hour and 10 minutes.
he could live in the Pigeon's house for a while and just walk to Linton St (Weller lives about 300m from RSEA Park)

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:It is 7.4km from Port Melbourne to North's Arden St training facility. A 10 minutes drive.

Seriously Con G...

MickThomas
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Yes it's beautiful down there when the seweridge runs into the bay.....

King in the north here tanks...
*sewerage...
what's "King in the north here tanks"?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Seriously Con G...
I am serious.

Port Melbourne to Arden St is a piece of piss.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:

It is 20km from Port Melbourne to Moorabbin. A 30 minutes drive.

oh for gawd's sake. Those trip times are 11:30 pm on a Sunday night.
Try driving to North Melb during normal traffic. How about One hour and 10 minutes.
he could live in the Pigeon's house for a while and just walk to Linton St (Weller lives about 300m from RSEA Park)
Not true. The drive to Arden st from Port Melb is an easy one.