Fyfe cops a life sentence.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Fyfe cops a life sentence.

So Nathan Fyfe has committed to a six year deal worth $ 1.3 million per year. That's a life sentence at the shockers. As for Perth 96.3 and the rumour he was a certainty to be at the saints next year, "nice one". The imaginary Saints Board member was not a good source of information. Media credibility continues to "grow". Personally, I'm not disappointed he's not coming. Big money for a player who appears somewhat diminished by injury. I'd prefer Dusty or ideally, Kelly. Thoughts, Forumites?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fyfe cops a life sentence.

His star has fallen this year, and the clubs went cold on his asking price.

stonecold
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:So Nathan Fyfe has committed to a six year deal worth $ 1.3 million per year. That's a life sentence at the shockers. As for Perth 96.3 and the rumour he was a certainty to be at the saints next year, "nice one". The imaginary Saints Board member was not a good source of information. Media credibility continues to "grow". Personally, I'm not disappointed he's not coming. Big money for a player who appears somewhat diminished by injury. I'd prefer Dusty or ideally, Kelly. Thoughts, Forumites?
Saints went cold on him Winny, injury scared them off, Fyfe has done well for himself, Freo, not so much!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Might be a life sentence for the Dockers if his body is stuffed.

I hope Ameet has plenty up his sleeve - as much as he might not have been everyone's first choice, the melt on these boards will be epic if we get to the end of trade period and all we've done is give up next years 2nd round pick for some kid in the NEAFL. I would have loved him in a Saints jumper, as I would love Jelly, Dusty or Rockliff. But if we miss all of them, look out...

takeaway
Club Player

St Chris wrote:Might be a life sentence for the Dockers if his body is stuffed.

I hope Ameet has plenty up his sleeve - as much as he might not have been everyone's first choice, the melt on these boards will be epic if we get to the end of trade period and all we've done is give up next years 2nd round pick for some kid in the NEAFL. I would have loved him in a Saints jumper, as I would love Jelly, Dusty or Rockliff. But if we miss all of them, look out...

Nabbing any big gun would be a real achievement in this highly competitive player trading world, so if we get one, for me it will be congratulations, if not, go to the draft. Might end up a better result anyway. No melt from me.

Anyway aside from Kelly, I would prefer the draft, whether we trade up or not. Ameet may not even be at the Saints in October anyway.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Fyfe is a great player but he's not worth $ 1.3 million per year for 6 years. Glad we steered clear.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:Fyfe is a great player but he's not worth $ 1.3 million per year for 6 years. Glad we steered clear.
Fyfe was a great player, sorry to correct you Linton!!!!! ;-)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:Fyfe is a great player but he's not worth $ 1.3 million per year for 6 years. Glad we steered clear.
Fyfe was a great player, sorry to correct you Linton!!!!! ;-)
Yes
He would have to play at least 4 years at the level of his Brownlow year for anyone to say that freo had gotten value for money.
He probably wanted 8million over 5 yrs from vic clubs .

In red white and black from 73
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He's no Tambling!

“Yeah….nah””
Vazelos
Club Player

Its amazing how the game has evolved since we all went wow when Boyd got his contracts.
Now mid fielders are commanding these deals too...
Are there any performance based clauses in them at all? You wander....
We took Mc Cartin because we didnt want to pay these sort of contracts but it seems the cream will demand it no matter where you play, especially forward and mid field.

Saint_J
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:So Nathan Fyfe has committed to a six year deal worth $ 1.3 million per year. That's a life sentence at the shockers. As for Perth 96.3 and the rumour he was a certainty to be at the saints next year, "nice one". The imaginary Saints Board member was not a good source of information. Media credibility continues to "grow". Personally, I'm not disappointed he's not coming. Big money for a player who appears somewhat diminished by injury. I'd prefer Dusty or ideally, Kelly. Thoughts, Forumites?
i never wanted him, we would have had to pay way overs for a guy that's not in the age bracket we really need. glad he's stayed so we can drop the topic.

Kelly would be a good fit for us. Dusty, i don't think it's a good idea.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah can't say I was disappointed with the announcement.

Getting Dusty or Kelly would be HUGE.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sheesh, if Fyfe gets $1.3mill per year not to move East, how much was he demanding from us.
Now how much will it cost to get Kelly to move South maybe $1.5 mill per year !!!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.