Koby Stevens, I'm sold

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainters85
Club Player

Re: Koby Stevens, I'm sold

SAAD wrote:Close mate is Dogs mad. Told me at start of season that Koby is a frustrating player. Will dominate one week then do dumb things the next. Said he is a bull but can go missing and at the end of the day is not to be trusted to perform when the heat is on. Basically why he didn't get back into their side as he is not consistent enough. Time will tell here whether he can perform consistently with us.
that actually is a fairly accurate description.. inconsistent. But then again, so is the team

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Koby Stevens is a GUN, really? :roll:
Some supporters here are so one eyed it is not funny.

You do not pick up GUN midfielder who has been at 2 clubs and couldnt fully establish himself at 25 YO trading pick 60 odd.

Koby is a solid AFL C grade AFL midfielder, he is not a gun.
Jack Steven is a gun, Seb Ross could be a gun if he continues to play the way he has this season as to Jack Billings.

Koby is good midfield depth, a handy shut down run with player, fairly strong at the contest and a decent tackler.
He has not tricks to be a gun or better than C grade, like brilliant footskills, speed or anything above ordinary.

He is very, very good value for pick 60+ as he could play 50 - 100 games for the club.

I like him at the club, I think he is in or around the best 22 playing a similar role to Steele, Dunstan, Armo etc but he is not an AFL gun.
If he is a first string midfielder at the club we are in trouble, if he is depth and player 20 - 26 on the list we are looking fine.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:Koby Stevens is a GUN, really? :roll:
Some supporters here are so one eyed it is not funny.

You do not pick up GUN midfielder who has been at 2 clubs and couldnt fully establish himself at 25 YO trading pick 60 odd.

Koby is a solid AFL C grade AFL midfielder, he is not a gun.
Jack Steven is a gun, Seb Ross could be a gun if he continues to play the way he has this season as to Jack Billings.

Koby is good midfield depth, a handy shut down run with player, fairly strong at the contest and a decent tackler.
He has not tricks to be a gun or better than C grade, like brilliant footskills, speed or anything above ordinary.

He is very, very good value for pick 60+ as he could play 50 - 100 games for the club.

I like him at the club, I think he is in or around the best 22 playing a similar role to Steele, Dunstan, Armo etc but he is not an AFL gun.
If he is a first string midfielder at the club we are in trouble, if he is depth and player 20 - 26 on the list we are looking fine.
Good, fair comments.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Fair comment indeed. However, I do believe that Koby, whilst not being a "gun" at this moment in time, has the potential to BECOME one. For that reason alone, I'm glad we've recruited him.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don't agree with this new POV (that was suspiciously not expressed until our loss against ESS, when we also found out Richo can't coach).

Koby is a player capable of playing to an elite standard... even if he's not an out an out superstar every week, it's developing good players like him into great ones that wins you flags

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Solid player and has been good for us but far from a gun.

Like a few others, goes fishing every few weeks.

At 25 or 26 not sure we'll see that much more improvement.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Solid player and has been good for us but far from a gun.

Like a few others, goes fishing every few weeks.

At 25 or 26 not sure we'll see that much more improvement.
Did you mean 'fishing or missing', Pav, or both????? ;-)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯