Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar
Club Player

Re: Carlisle

It was also for pick 24, and wasn't it? Regardless, I'm very happy with the trade.

David-Lee
Club Player

I ran my mouth about 3 weeks ago and added Carlisle to my dismay about players not living up to the price paid for them. He has disappointed in games for sure but today in Freo he seriously impressed me and I enjoyed watching him defend, mark and rebound. I hope he builds on this performance. He was amazing his last season at Essendon and I am sure after today he had alot more to give. So, I was wrong... I think.
Last edited by David-Lee on Sun 02 Jul 2017 11:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Would love to see him average a goal a game. His long range kicking is excellent.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He could still be a weapon forward as Rooey is phased out. Check out his YouTube highlights when he kicked 8 against the WB. Awesome. The guy is one of our potential elites. Give him another preseason and watch him go. Genius by Ameet to hold out for the extra pick for him. Got another potential elite in Gresham in that deal. Thank goodness the genius, "Pelican" wasn't still around. Publicly stated we should've given away pick five for Jake and just got on with it. Thank goodness we got rid of that goose before he did even more damage.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

1966 wrote:Carlisle and Gresham for pick 6 is proving to be a great trade.
Wonder when David King admits he got it wrong again. Up there with his call that we wouldn't win a game.
The only thing David King knows anything about is how to do over a Hot Dog vendor, thug and knob of the highest order.

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Would be in our top 5 B and F

Nee!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Snake is a true leader. He plays with the passion of the Train and is a big boy that just tells the opposition to eff out of my way by his play. Love him!

And wouldn't the drug cheats love him now?

Karma's a bitch!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He's the best kick for goal in our team at the moment.

I like how he didn't carry on like a pork chop after kicking those goals yesterday. Just went back to his position and got on with the game. Signs of a humble player.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
suss
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
1966 wrote:Carlisle and Gresham for pick 6 is proving to be a great trade.
Wonder when David King admits he got it wrong again. Up there with his call that we wouldn't win a game.
The only thing David King knows anything about is how to do over a Hot Dog vendor, thug and knob of the highest order.

He doesn't have the intellect to understand the deal so it's difficult to see how he could change his mind. Amazing to think he actually gets paid to be an "expert" on this stuff.

saintbob
SS Life Member

The fuckwits on Footy Classified just said that Carlisle is losing respect every time he plays, after he shoved the Freo player while he was laying on his he ground.

What a f****** joke these footy shows are becoming.

Lyon even said what Roo did was staging, f*** me he and Lloyd made careers out of staging.
If Stevie J had of done it, they wouldve been raving about it.

Vazelos
Club Player

Carlisle is a gun and the fact he is costing us about $550,000 ($50,000 taken out due to the cocaine video as marketing component) post CBA thats a steal.

If Battle or Goddard come up in the next 12 months CHB then I would be looking at CHF for Carlisle...

We need someone who can kick straight and take a grab and he does both brilliantly...

There has been a lot of criticism of late due to draft picks etc but some of our work has been excellent & Carlisle has been a beauty!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He doesnt like playing forward.

Part of the reason he got the shyts up at Essendon.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:Carlisle is a gun and the fact he is costing us about $550,000 ($50,000 taken out due to the cocaine video as marketing component) post CBA thats a steal.

If Battle or Goddard come up in the next 12 months CHB then I would be looking at CHF for Carlisle...

We need someone who can kick straight and take a grab and he does both brilliantly...

There has been a lot of criticism of late due to draft picks etc but some of our work has been excellent & Carlisle has been a beauty!!!
This, Vazelos. He is a weapon in our arsenal. He's been very good down back, but he's snuck forward more in the past few weeks and nailed some crucial goals. He's got the ability to be an elite forward. I wouldn't want to rob Peter to pay Paul, but big Jakey would cause multiple headaches for opposition defences. Maybe not as a permanent measure, but as a go to type move when we're struggling to score. We get the ball into our 50 and create more scoring shots than most. Our conversion is lousy.

Roo is struggling and we need more than Membrey and the Bruce. Paddy should be the man, but has his own battles to overcome first. It's staring us in the face. As for him not wanting to play forward, there are two things about that. First, he wasn't unhappy with where he was being played, he was unhappy with coach golden boy. It's the main reason he wanted out of doper land. Secondly, it's the coach who decides where you play, especially on his coin. His relationship with Richo is one of the reasons we've got him. I'd back that relationship to make it work.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Trixilver
Club Player

Last time Carlisle was sent forward Saints fans had a meltdown at Richo. He seems to be able to kick his goals from the backline anyway.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Trixilver wrote:Last time Carlisle was sent forward Saints fans had a meltdown at Richo. He seems to be able to kick his goals from the backline anyway.
Teams will start to cotton on to the trick now he's done it two weeks in a row and pay more attention to him drifting forward

Vazelos
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
Vazelos wrote:Carlisle is a gun and the fact he is costing us about $550,000 ($50,000 taken out due to the cocaine video as marketing component) post CBA thats a steal.

This, Vazelos. He is a weapon in our arsenal. He's been very good down back, but he's snuck forward more in the past few weeks and nailed some crucial goals. He's got the ability to be an elite forward. I wouldn't want to rob Peter to pay Paul, but big Jakey would cause multiple headaches for opposition defences. Maybe not as a permanent measure, but as a go to type move when we're struggling to score. We get the ball into our 50 and create more scoring shots than most. Our conversion is lousy.

Roo is struggling and we need more than Membrey and the Bruce. Paddy should be the man, but has his own battles to overcome first. It's staring us in the face. As for him not wanting to play forward, there are two things about that. First, he wasn't unhappy with where he was being played, he was unhappy with coach golden boy. It's the main reason he wanted out of doper land. Secondly, it's the coach who decides where you play, especially on his coin. His relationship with Richo is one of the reasons we've got him. I'd back that relationship to make it work.
I agree White Winmar as a pinch hitter he will be amazing...
I just hope one of Goddard or Rowan Marshall can make it and we wont know that until end of 2018 more than likely..
Battle will come along and offer us another option as a 3rd forward it seems, a mix of Riewoldt running stamina but not as tall...
We may need a big bloke like Carlisle to go down and swing a game when its needed nd we saw he is more than capable...

oh when the
Club Player

The use of Carlisle to roam down and kick a goal to get us back into the game
or when we need a goal to win the game with little time to go is the same as Bombers did with Fletcher.

Savage is the other player we should be training to do this also.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:The fuckwits on Footy Classified just said that Carlisle is losing respect every time he plays, after he shoved the Freo player while he was laying on his he ground.

Lyon even said what Roo did was staging, f*** me he and Lloyd made careers out of staging.

Who said that on FC?

Sounds over the top and very defamatory.

Ridiculous comment.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
milney044
Club Player

Becoming one of my favourites. Love his versatility and he plays with confidence. Has a bit of a strut about him which i also like. I wish a few more of our players had a bit of arrogance about them - maybe not so much in the way the Melbourne players do, but in the way where we don't take crap from the opposition - i think Carlisle brings this to the table. If this means "losing respect" from the media then so be it.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saintbob
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
saintbob wrote:The fuckwits on Footy Classified just said that Carlisle is losing respect every time he plays, after he shoved the Freo player while he was laying on his he ground.

Who said that on FC?

Ridiculous comment.
It was in the segment where they ask each other questions.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

milney044 wrote:Becoming one of my favourites. Love his versatility and he plays with confidence. Has a bit of a strut about him which i also like. I wish a few more of our players had a bit of arrogance about them - maybe not so much in the way the Melbourne players do, but in the way where we don't take crap from the opposition - i think Carlisle brings this to the table. If this means "losing respect" from the media then so be it.
+1

I notice Jake flying the flag when the time is right, like pushing Ballantyne, for example.
The Serial Pest would have been in his ear about the injecting, no doubt

He doesn't get carried away, he doesn't seem to do it like a hot-head, he uses his huge frame intelligently.
Has a sense of occasion when he gets physical, and how he does it.
I really like his attitude in this way, he knows what he's doing.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Who said that on FC?

Ridiculous comment.
It was in the segment where they ask each other questions.
Bad call. He only pushed Balantyne because all Balantyne does is lie on the ground sooking and looking for free kicks.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

and the bonus is Aaron Francis looks like a dud

ps. Darcy Parish spending a lot of time in the VFL as well both Essendon picks 5 and 6
Last edited by ausfatcat on Tue 04 Jul 2017 10:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

How anyone watches anything with Gary LYin in it I don't know
Check your missus in the ad breaks.

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:and the bonus is Aaron Francis looks like a dud

ps. so does Darcy Parish both Essendon picks 5 and 6
But we would have picked Gresham with our pick anyway...or so they always say.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!