Lennyhaze, Jackstevo permanent bans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Lennyhaze, Jackstevo permanent bans

The user nics lennyhaze and Jackstevo have been permanently banned.

There is enough evidence to leave the mods in no doubt that both of these nics are usernames on the forum of the poster previously known as Plugger66.

That poster was previously permanently banned from posting in the forum. Creating a new username does not give a banned poster the right to continue posting on the forum.

The mods also take note of a poll posted on the forum in February 2017 under the heading, "Should Plugger66 be re-instated?" From a total of 94 responses, 63% of forum members voted "no".

Accordingly the above named usernames have been permanently banned.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lennyhaze, Jackstevo permanent bans

st.byron wrote:The mods also take note of a poll posted on the forum in February 2017 under the heading, "Should Plugger66 be re-instated?" From a total of 94 responses, 63% of forum members voted "no".
Fair enough that you would re-ban a poster who is meant to be permanently banned, however I fail to see the relevance of citing a popularity poll… unless we are going to ban other posters who aren't popular?

That's not how it works surely?

Viking3
Club Player

dragit wrote:
st.byron wrote:The mods also take note of a poll posted on the forum in February 2017 under the heading, "Should Plugger66 be re-instated?" From a total of 94 responses, 63% of forum members voted "no".
Fair enough that you would re-ban a poster who is meant to be permanently banned, however I fail to see the relevance of citing a popularity poll… unless we are going to ban other posters who aren't popular?

You are right Dragit, but don't call him surely! :wink:

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92665&p=1671277#p1671271

Jackstevo can't be Pluggsy. This is getting all cereal.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Nope it doesn't work that way. The poll was secondary. The decision would have been the same, poll or no poll. The poll did though, clarify what a clear majority of posters want. Good that the mods decision and what the majority want are the same.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92665&p=1671277#p1671271

Clear evidence Dave. Beyond reasonable doubt. End of story.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92665&p=1671277#p1671271

Clear evidence Dave. Beyond reasonable doubt. End of story.
Wow!

The garden maintenance industry must be really picking up. Pluggsy can now afford to hire a ghostwriter. :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Talking as a member of the community, and not as a mod - I think the relevance of the poll is important - not in a decision making process officially but in understanding what the forum wants.
Effectively you have a team- a very very small portion of the page having to make decisions that effect the page by interpretation of the rules.
It seems fair to take all available information in to account.
Fairs important given its a forum based solely on those that add to it. Feedback from those people in that case is paramount.

In terms of changing the outcome.
Impossible basically. The rules stipulate what they do.
SO no its not how it works.

Look thats just my personal opinion.
I think your feedback is great. Its certainly worth noting and talking over.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:

Nope it doesn't work that way. The poll was secondary. The decision would have been the same, poll or no poll. The poll did though, clarify what a clear majority of posters want. Good that the mods decision and what the majority want are the same.
From memory another poll suggested that 70% of posters would rather Saynta/Stinger be permanently removed as opposed to pluggs though… so should we run the forum on what the majority of posters want or just by the rules?

There would be heaps of posters who would fail the popularity poll test… no doubt me included.

I understand the ban, but think the poll reference is probably in poor taste. Popularity doesn't decide who is allowed to post here.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

well done..we have enough s*** stirrers on here as it is....don't let that dick head back.....and Plugger if you are reading this , which I'm sure you are , I said dick head.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Wasn't around back then, what's the big whoop about plugger66?

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:Wasn't around back then, what's the big whoop about plugger66?
antagonist , would cause fights on here on a regular basis...would correct posters on just about everything..you say white he would go black...had the mods pulling their hair out .. a sigh of relief from most when he was shown the door.
Last edited by The Fireman on Fri 19 May 2017 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Mods may have hung an innocent man.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:

From memory another poll suggested that 70% of posters would rather Saynta/Stinger be permanently removed as opposed to pluggs though… so should we run the forum on what the majority of posters want or just by the rules?

There would be heaps of posters who would fail the popularity poll test… no doubt me included.

I understand the ban, but think the poll reference is probably in poor taste. Popularity doesn't decide who is allowed to post here.
Dragit, to re-iterate - the poll was secondary. The decision would have been the same, poll or no poll. That the decision reflects the wishes of the majority is a good thing, nothing more.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Mods may have hung an innocent man.
On what basis?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i also agree
... citing that Poll isn't fair

i wouldnt have voted in it
others wouldnt have voted in it
coz we ALL know , its of no point.

its gossip fodder for the likes of SP and his bitches
(traducement SS style basically)

but regardless ... RIP Plugger , Lenny and stevo.
Thanx for the laughs

best get shiftier than a canetoad if u wanna play again on these boards dude ... lol

if you are reading this Pluggs
(which we all know u are)

I still love ya.

fwtw.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Proph3t of egan wrote:Wasn't around back then, what's the big whoop about plugger66?
plugger66 would argue with a signpost :shock: :evil:
he stuck his nose in and argued just to get a rise out of folks.
He used very few words and his tone was one of "oh, you are so stupid"
he was totally obnoxious.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

likes a drink

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
plugger66 would argue with a signpost :shock: :evil:
he stuck his nose in and argued just to get a rise out of folks.
He used very few words and his tone was one of "oh, you are so stupid"
he was totally obnoxious.
Sounds like a peace of work, glad I wasn't around back the I guess

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
st.byron wrote:
dragit wrote:

Not the first time you have mentioned a poll calling for a poster to be banned.
I would think that is a clear breach of the rules.

"Do not start threads or make posts requesting the discipline of other members, nor PM the Moderators requesting discipline or punishment. Use the REPORT FUNCTION (!) instead. You are entitled to report behaviour you believe breaches the rules, but it will be at the Moderator discretion as to the punishment required. Where possible, your report will be acknowledged and/or decisions will be explained to you."

Starting a poll, if in fact you started such a poll, trying to get a poster banned is in my view contrary to the intentions of those who make up and enforce the rules.

I am sick and tired of you mentioning me in connection with such issues every time that banned cockhead is mentioned.

Keep it up and I will report such posts.

For the record no such poll ever mentioned saynta ffs.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 20 May 2017 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

liked calling out pomposity outlandishness silliness and cleaners

loves the underdog 'n the newbies
... i heard he happily and cheerfully shared ozzy kulture with 4 folded up beer garden unbrellas one night
for an hour after a little drinky.

He was alright.
... dont listen to the sooks Poe

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote:liked calling out pomposity outlandishness silliness and cleaners

loves the underdog 'n the newbies
... i heard he happily and cheerfully shared ozzy kulture with 4 folded up beer garden unbrellas one night
for an hour after a little drinky.

He was alright.
... dont listen to the sooks Poe
you maybe his only supporter...I know you dont mind swimming against the tide..but the majority was happy he was outed. :)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Dragit, to re-iterate - the poll was secondary. The decision would have been the same, poll or no poll. That the decision reflects the wishes of the majority is a good thing, nothing more.
So I guess if the poll had been 100% in pluggers favour but he still couldn't post, then it is completely irrelevant.

Like asiu, I didn't vote in the poll, just like I won't get behind a fresh Harold Holt campaign.

I think some people might see the poll reference as an attempt to justify what was a controversial ban in the first place… I think it is well accepted that the culpable offensive messages sent to a mod were in fact not sent by plugger… but others using his device, so there is still some considerable conjecture regarding the merit of his original ban.

Now the moderators are referencing a poll that was allowed to stay on the main board for over a week when any other similar polls are removed hastily… it doesn't really pass the smell test TBH.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If it was a dodgy legal process that incarcerated Julian Knight...I could live with that.

(please excuse over the top analogy )

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like poor old P66 has really missed this place.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!