Our Response To Murphygate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Our Response To Murphygate

bigcarl wrote:I'm moving on from all this with only one decision to make. For future reference should we refer to Murph as the dobber, the spitter, the sook ... or all three.
SobberSlobberDobber

Always loyal
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohn1956 wrote:Have you read what Peter Fitzsimmons has written?

Just terrible and full of mistakes.
Here it is here. get angry, very angry.

You are wrong, wrong, Wrong Peter Peckerhead. You are the softest bumb of all, and just plain wrong.

No one on the field mentioned Carey ffs, you frigging dill.

Carey said himself that the rumors about him and Mrs murphy had been around for 18 months.

He also said basically that he and Murphy had spoken about it on more than one occasion and were looking for an opportune time to raise it.

Murphy who actually gutlessly sledged a prone Carlisle found the occasion and went sooking to his club.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... w6shj.html

Sledging of Marc Murphy: the Saints were sinners with win-at-all-costs attitude
Peter FitzSimons

"You complete dicks.

You know who I am talking to. Yes, you blokes, you St Kilda players who spent your time last weekend sledging the Carlton captain about the alleged infidelities of his wife, which soon led to the dredging up of rumours linking her with the most famed infidel in the country, Wayne Carey.

Outrageous shots, unbelievable skill and some crazy climaxes, these are the plays of the week.

In the first place, the allegations are complete bollocks, comprehensively denied by all those in the know. (As is often the case in such matters, once the rumour started, the power of Carey's name in this context was just too delicious not to repeat, and the whole thing gathered a momentum of its own.)

In the second place, even if it were true, where the HELL do you get off, using, and adding to, the emotional pain of an entire family as a weapon to distract an opponent in something so comparatively inconsequential as a freaking football game? Is there not a shred of decency in you?

It is not that sledging of a sexual nature is always over the line.

As a matter of fact, back when AFL legend Michael Voss was playing for the Brisbane Lions, once late in a particularly tight match against your own St Kilda, circa 2003, it all came down to whether a final kick from a St Kilda player from a long way out was going to go through.
Advertisement

Just as the St Kilda player was making his run to kick, Voss said, in a loud voice, "My dad's slept with your mum!"

It was true. It was undeniable. The St Kilda player knew it, and missed.

But, no punch-ups. No drama.

Why?

Because the St Kilda player in question was Voss's younger brother, Brett.

Get it, you St Kilda stumblebums?

Humour! Fun! That sort of stuff is part of the colour, the storied romance of so much of sport, and there are thousands of examples over the years. But the kind of bastardry that you blokes engaged in?

Absolutely appalling.

Yes, you've apologised, and your captain has personally called the Carlton captain to do so, which is to the good. But my central point is this: beyond not being, and publicly appearing to be, complete dicks, (did I mention?) there is another reason not to engage in such gratuitous nastiness.

The famed All Black Sir Brian Lochore once said, and I love the quote, "Better men, make better All Blacks" .The idea is that if you start with the man, picking blokes of good character, of decency, of generosity of spirit, and place them in a culture where they become better men still – having everyone from the captain on down regularly clean out the changing room, etc – you finish up with better players.

For the truly wonderful thing about so much of sport is that the values that we most admire in our fellow humans – humility, decency, generosity, honest, selflessness, capacity to work hard – are exactly the same qualities that great teams are built on.

In sum, show me a team like St Kilda with enough nasty bastards that would engage in that kind of sledging, and I'll show you a team that won't go far."

Twitter: @Peter_Fitz

I have included his twitter account so that those who feel obliged to do so can respond appropriately to this bald headed addled brained f***wit.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Apart from anything else, the " article " by captain pugwash is awful writing!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Apart from anything else, the " article " by captain pugwash is awful writing!
And actionable, should the club decide to go down that path.

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

I'm sure I've heard Michael Voss tell that story and it was the other way around ie. that was what Brett said to him; and I don;t think it was for a kick to win the game either.

Saint John
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohn1956 wrote:I'm sure I've heard Michael Voss tell that story and it was the other way around ie. that was what Brett said to him; and I don;t think it was for a kick to win the game either.
Nah, don't know about the goal bit , but that story was posted by me a few days ago on this forum and the sledge came from michael.

The f***wit must be reading this forum.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Now, while I'm annoyed and angry at the article, we do NOT want to become embroiled in prolonging this crap. The absolute worst aspect of this " opinion piece" is that the author makes NO attempt to differentiate between the "culprits" involved in the alleged sledging. Players like Roo are tarred with the same "guilty by association" brush. This is a vindictive and nasty piece of crap.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Stick to writing about our country's history, you Thugby Union bogan. And ditch that stupid rag on ya head

spert
Saintsational Legend

Caro can't seem to let this go- now its the "furore" over the sledge. I am awaiting for her to demand the Turnbull government steps in over this nation scandal. Must be a slow news day over at The Age.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Caro can't seem to let this go- now its the "furore" over the sledge. I am awaiting for her to demand the Turnbull government steps in over this nation scandal. Must be a slow news day over at The Age.
I reckon she's at the limit now. The steam seems to have gone out of it. Although it still drives me absolutely bloody bonkers that she wants to call it the St Kilda Sledging Controversy. Could that be because it has a nice ring of alliteration next to an old fave, the St Kilda Schoolgirl Scandal?

We do see through that, you know?

Meanwhile, over at the Hun, the front page is now Pendles' baby and Fev's gambling.

The world is slowly turning back on its axis.

Always loyal
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
spert wrote:Caro can't seem to let this go- now its the "furore" over the sledge. I am awaiting for her to demand the Turnbull government steps in over this nation scandal. Must be a slow news day over at The Age.
I reckon she's at the limit now. The steam seems to have gone out of it. Although it still drives me absolutely bloody bonkers that she wants to call it the St Kilda Sledging Controversy. Could that be because it has a nice ring of alliteration next to an old fave, the St Kilda Schoolgirl Scandal?
Wait until the next Saints / demons game when the fans will be singing an updated version of colonel bogey !

In red white and black from 73
saynta
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:
Wait until the next Saints / demons game when the fans will be singing an updated version of colonel bogey !
Now that is really nasty.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

[/quote]Although it still drives me absolutely bloody bonkers that she wants to call it the St Kilda Sledging Controversy. Could that be because it has a nice ring of alliteration next to an old fave, the St Kilda Schoolgirl Scandal?[/quote]

With her lisp both headlines would be quite the tongue twisters. :evil:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
Although it still drives me absolutely bloody bonkers that she wants to call it the St Kilda Sledging Controversy. Could that be because it has a nice ring of alliteration next to an old fave, the St Kilda Schoolgirl Scandal?[/quote]

With her lisp both headlines would be quite the tongue twisters. :evil:[/quote]

Now, if Caro was really fair dink- um, which she is not, here's a story she could really go to town on, but she won't.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... =editorial

"Underpaid’ cleaner called a sl*t, bullied at Victorian public school
ANTHONY GALLOWAY, State Political Reporter, Herald Sun

"A FEMALE cleaner at a state government school claims she was called a “sl*t” when complaining she was underpaid.

Kaitlin Speary, who worked for less than two months cleaning the basketball stadium at a Victorian public school, was also told to “piss off” and “don’t waste my time” by her manager in a series of text messages.

It is the latest revelation in an underpayment scandal centred on the Department of Education and Training.

Ms Speary worked for a subcontractor for Paraserve Cleaning Services, which is contracted to clean at least 50 state government schools, between January and March this year.

The Herald Sun this week revealed reports of Paraserve “franchising out” some its cleaning contracts to other operators, which is forbidden by the department, resulting in underpayments of up to $8000 a year."

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Who the bloody hell does Peter Fitzsimmons think he is?!?! He is a Sydney-based, journalist for Rugby League. WTF?!?! How does this guy get an article on an AFL matter published? Reading his piece has enraged me. This is steaming fertiliser!!

As St.Kilda supporters, it is hard not to take it personally. We definitely have a bone to pick with this guy. He'd better consider himself right on the firing line now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Time to move on .

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Time to move on .
I agree, but this Peter Fitzsimons guy really got stuck in my craw.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Perhaps the country's "journos" could concentrate on their own patch for a while. Plenty of moral outrage to be directed here ...

http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/veteran-sy ... w7wg3.html

Always loyal
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist, don't let cap'n pugwash get under your skin pal! Not worth it!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Sainternist, don't let cap'n pugwash get under your skin pal! Not worth it!
That's sound advice, Jiggster. I guess he's looking to get some publicity or notoriety from it. Best not to give it any oxygen. I think he looks more like Cap'n Pugwash's sidekick. Wasn't that character called Master Bate? Seems most appropriate.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Sainternist, don't let cap'n pugwash get under your skin pal! Not worth it!
That's sound advice, Jiggster. I guess he's looking to get some publicity or notoriety from it. Best not to give it any oxygen. I think he looks more like Cap'n Pugwash's sidekick. Wasn't that character called Master Bate? Seems most appropriate.
I think the first mate was Seaman Staynes. Tom the cabin boy's role was the subject of not so subtle humour as well. The writers must have had a field day writing double entendres for adults, in the context of a kid's show.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:HTF can Gary Lyon criticise so forcefully the sledging of Murphy after what he did - I wonder what Billy thinks listening to him. Talk about hypocrisy - I shudder every time he's outspoken and he getting back to the control freak he was before - Rsole like him should not be allowed to control anything.

No way should he be allowed to disparage anyone for anything after he chose to go down that forbidden road.
yes I chuckled at Gary's moral high horse.
Hes just proof that AFL is really a small town minded clique where mates look after mates......while Gary looks after their spouses...

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

"Ahhh....just one more thing..."

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
I think the first mate was Seaman Staynes. Tom the cabin boy's role was the subject of not so subtle humour as well. The writers must have had a field day writing double entendres for adults, in the context of a kid's show.
Hahaha That's it - Seaman Staynes. I think there was also a character called Master Bate or something along those lines.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Hahaha That's it - Seaman Staynes. I think there was also a character called Master Bate or something along those lines.
It was a Master Mate :lol:
And don't forget the arch enemy of the captain was Cut throat Jake!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.