What was said to Murphy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was said to Murphy?

Johnny Member wrote:I listened to KB and that simpleton Jon Ralph this morning bang on about how outrageous this is all for about 30 minutes straight.

Utter outrage at St Kilda. Utter outrage at the AFL.

How dare Richardson and Geary and St Kilda 'half apologise'??! 'Maybe' overstepped the mark??!! 'Possibly' got it wrong!! Such outrage!

But then minutes later, Bartlett declares "the AFL at least should have had an investigation to find out what was said!".

No s***. He actually said that.

He doesn't even know what was said. Neither does Ralph.

Yet they bang on for 30 minutes about how outrageous it is to half apologise for it. We don't know what they said god damn it! But we sure as hell know that St Kilda should apologise for it an be punished by the AFL!!!

The mind boggles sometimes.
I think it is referred to as "society of the spectacle"

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I listened to KB and that simpleton Jon Ralph this morning bang on about how outrageous this is all for about 30 minutes straight.

How dare Richardson and Geary and St Kilda 'half apologise'??! 'Maybe' overstepped the mark??!! 'Possibly' got it wrong!! Such outrage!

But then minutes later, Bartlett declares "the AFL at least should have had an investigation to find out what was said!".

Yet they bang on for 30 minutes about how outrageous it is to half apologise for it. We don't know what they said god damn it! But we sure as hell know that St Kilda should apologise for it an be punished by the AFL!!!

Oh, come on, JM, you know "outrage" (and bugger all else) sells.

And, of course, the problem of "bugger all else" is exacerbated by the pre-eminent status afforded simpletons like Ralph.

"Bread and circuses", Johnny.

I'm just surprised someone hasn't popped up with "The Russians did it, and anonymous sources have concluded Jake Carlisle works for Putin".

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Ralph is absolute dead s***. I'm pretty sure he failed Yr 12 English. That's the only way you get a job at the Herald Scum.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Takes the heat off the tiggies. Thats why KB is keeping it going.

If Murphy was so incensed by the comments made, why did he wait until Carlisle was on the ground to make a stand. If he was so incensed about what was said about his wife, why didnt he confront the perpertrator straight away. I'm with ToT on this, used his wife as an excuse for his poor behaviour. Bought more attention to something that ordinary people like me had not heard. Now the whole world knows.

I hope Murphy and his wife live happily ever after, but from one woman to another, Jess, you will still look beautiful if the top of the dress actually fits.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe they were telling Murph how impressed they were by her breasts.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:

Takes the heat off the tiggies. Thats why KB is keeping it going.

If Murphy was so incensed by the comments made, why did he wait until Carlisle was on the ground to make a stand. If he was so incensed about what was said about his wife, why didnt he confront the perpertrator straight away. I'm with ToT on this, used his wife as an excuse for his poor behaviour. Bought more attention to something that ordinary people like me had not heard. Now the whole world knows.

I hope Murphy and his wife live happily ever after, but from one woman to another, Jess, you will still look beautiful if the top of the dress actually fits.
At this stage, the only evidence we gave of Murphys outrage, is what he directed at social media. He hasn't once mentioned or referenced anything that was said on field - other than yelling at Carlisle and not shaking hands.

So he clearly wasn't pleased. But the aftermath that he's actually expressed disgust and frustration at has nothing to do with the game on Saturday.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:

And, of course, the problem of "bugger all else" is exacerbated by the pre-eminent status afforded simpletons like Ralph.

I'm just surprised someone hasn't popped up with "The Russians did it, and anonymous sources have concluded Jake Carlisle works for Putin".
+1

Friggin parlor and mindhive games played by the borg media.

My perception management is bigger than yours.

We live in a sick society.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Maybe they were telling Murph how impressed they were by her breasts.
You really are a creep.

loris
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Miaow! Purrfect, mullet :wink:

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Titus O'Reilly has a nice take on the proposed "Code" ... here's a selection...

"No racist or sexist comments, save that material for your media career, it guarantees you a job on radio and TV

Try saying something nice to your opponent, compliment them on their hair or their sleeve tattoo. Example: “That’s the nicest sleeve tattoo I’ve seen on the field today and I’ve seen several.”

Avoid saying anything about a player’s family unless it’s constructive criticism. Example: “Hey, tell your sister she can achieve anything if she just stops doubting herself and goes for it. Don’t let the relentless oppression of the patriarchy stifle her dreams.”

If you must say something negative about someone’s family, don’t then get upset when that player yells at you while you’re lying on the ground in pain.

Interpretive dance can be just as hurtful as words if done right. Best to avoid.

Miming having a spear or syringe can also really upset people, even though these things are imaginary. In fact, everyone hates miming so don’t do it.

Don’t sledge people based on their religion. Unless they’re a Scientologist because that stuff is crazy.

Try not to use stereotypes on the field, for instance, ‘white men are terrible dancers’, while accurate, is very hurtful to the most persecuted group in society, white men.

Try to spend at least five minutes a quarter checking in with your opponent on how they are going in life and if there’s anything they need to get off their chest.
"

See more at: https://titusoreily.com/afl/new-afl-pla ... hh0JP.dpuf

Always loyal
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

+1

Friggin parlor and mindhive games played by the borg media.

My perception management is bigger than yours.

We live in a sick society.
Published 4 years ago, Pav - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-fiore ... 75615.html

The 'arena of the spectacle'.

I doubt it would get published by the same, or similar type of, outlet today, primarily because of some rather apparent prescience. Such outlets have conceded and agreed to being subsumed into the arena.

"We’re seeing early signs that the promised democratization of information and the ability to seek and engage in open dialogue might actually become a forum for forced groupthink instead."

The, or an, alternative - http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/16/ ... -category/

I too continue to dip me lid to the late, great Alexander Cockburn.

A quote from the same alternative arena:

“Style has more to do with the way in which ideas are believed than with the truth or falsity of their content.”

— Richard Hofstader (among other writing, Dicky wrote "Anti-intellectualism in American Life" in '63. Given the 'progress' of the last 54 odd years, he seems to have been rather prescient, too. Not much point taking comfort in 'but, we're not Amerikan', either, given where the 'business model' for the heavyweight social/political life shapers came from).

As for the endless parade of those institutions willing to be subsumed by those who control the arena, I find few more emblematic of the capitulation than this esteemed body:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/02/ ... anization/

We recently witnessed the 'political battle' for the big chair at the Oz Olympic Committee. All those lawyers, merchant bankers, investment advisers, and the like, all dooking it out for administrative supremacy.

And, throughout that campaign, by those ubiquitous campaigners, not one mention of Fukushima, and the risks to all who participate in the Tokyo Olympics, in 3 odd years time.

But, be in NO doubt, if someone does manage to get a Fukushima query through the corporate Olympics' smokescreen, the answer coming back from the various lawyers, merchant bankers, investment advisers, and the like, running the show, will be replete with 'The WHO says....'.

Yet, if one considers the work of those still outside the arena, such as that above, there are inevitable questions that have inevitable answers, and any such consideration involving even a modest helping of critical thought, would kill off any notion of validity from the 'school of groupthink opinion'.

I'll give an example of one such inevitable question: 'Would I want my 17 y.o. child to be subjected to such risks, in the name of sport and a "medal count"?

The corporatists 'managing' imperial pursuits, such as the Olympics, tend to comfort themselves that risks such as those evidenced in Japan can't be seen, touched or felt, immediately.

Ergo, it is well after the caravan has moved on before the "body count" begins.

Obviously a great comfort.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Titus O'Reilly has a nice take on the proposed "Code" ... here's a selection...

"No racist or sexist comments, save that material for your media career, it guarantees you a job on radio and TV

Try saying something nice to your opponent, compliment them on their hair or their sleeve tattoo. Example: “That’s the nicest sleeve tattoo I’ve seen on the field today and I’ve seen several.”

Avoid saying anything about a player’s family unless it’s constructive criticism. Example: “Hey, tell your sister she can achieve anything if she just stops doubting herself and goes for it. Don’t let the relentless oppression of the patriarchy stifle her dreams.”

If you must say something negative about someone’s family, don’t then get upset when that player yells at you while you’re lying on the ground in pain.

Interpretive dance can be just as hurtful as words if done right. Best to avoid.

Miming having a spear or syringe can also really upset people, even though these things are imaginary. In fact, everyone hates miming so don’t do it.

Don’t sledge people based on their religion. Unless they’re a Scientologist because that stuff is crazy.

Try not to use stereotypes on the field, for instance, ‘white men are terrible dancers’, while accurate, is very hurtful to the most persecuted group in society, white men.

Try to spend at least five minutes a quarter checking in with your opponent on how they are going in life and if there’s anything they need to get off their chest.
"

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:Titus O'Reilly has a nice take on the proposed "Code" ... here's a selection...

"

I like it. A nice take on political corruptness.

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

What a disgraceful time we live in

She banged carey big deal.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Screw them all...lets take it out on the Swans

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think we need to look at the broader tribalism at play.
Ralph - Tigers
Caro - Tigers
Damo - Tigers
Murphy/McKay - Blues

The Blues and Tigers both consider themselves 'big four' clubs.
Don't underestimate how deeply they hate us

They believe from birth they are entitled to success and that the Saints are a rabble who are eternally their inferior.

It bothers them to the core that we are a better run club on and off field them. They hate us. It goes against their core belief system and their entire identity.
This is why they respond to this in this way.

Their outbursts are an attempt to re calibrate the outer reality with their inner belief system.

If they jump up and down and scream that we are rabble then maybe it will be true and their inner beliefs will match the outer reality and they will be at peace. That is their deep hope.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 17 May 2017 4:01pm, edited 2 times in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:What a disgraceful time we live in

She banged carey big deal.
"I did not have ...relations with that woman!"
(or I just can't recall, by gum, there's been so many!)
It was Sammy Fisher

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Maybe they were telling Murph how impressed they were by her breasts.
You really are a creep.
No more so than you

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think we need to look at the broader tribalism at play.
Ralph - Tigers
Caro - Tigers
Damo - Tigers
Murphy/McKay - Blues

The Blues and Tigers both consider themselves 'big four' clubs.
Don't underestimate how deeply they hate us

They believe from birth they are entitled to success and that the Saints are a rabble who are eternally their inferior.

It bothers them to the core that we are a better run club on and off field them. They hate us. It goes against their core belief system and their entire identity.
This is why they respond to this in this way.

Their outbursts are an attempt to re calibrate the outer reality with their inner belief system.

If they jump up and down and scream that we are rabble then maybe it will be true and their inner beliefs will match the outer reality and they will be at peace. That is their deep hope.
Yep,you got that right and Roos' feigned anger was meant to destabilize us. Pure and simple.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Jon Imbecile Ralph, the Ken Doll of footy journalism, is the one who penned that hilarious Essendope article after they
were (temporalily and very dubiously) declared innocent by the AFL tribunal.

"Now that the other business is over," he began, quite laughably, maybe we'd see a Bombers premiership or Digger
Watson winning another Brownlow. The Bombers are daring to dream, he said.

What a knobcoat.

A bronze statue in the Hall of Shame for this pelican.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
You really are a creep.
No more so than you
You wish!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I think we need to look at the broader tribalism at play.
Ralph - Tigers
Caro - Tigers
Damo - Tigers
Murphy/McKay - Blues

<edited for brevity>
Yep,you got that right and Roos' feigned anger was meant to destabilize us. Pure and simple.
Roos has a soft spot for the Dees, and the comparisons between Melbourne's and our upward trajectories hurt him badly.

when media gives praise such as "Melbourne has a great midfield", "Clayton Oliver is high up in the coaches' votes" etc
such utterances cause him to be ecstatic and moist ( I mean eyes, tears of joy welling up)

Thus he cannot stand us. Hates it when Gresh, Steele, Steven, are going so well...
Just like that grumpy old neighbour who spends 3 hours a day on his rose garden, if your garden is nicer, he will come over and bag you about your flowers...
criticise, say you're pruning all wrong, etc.

He wants the Dees to climb and succeed before us, and he has the old Schadenfreude when it comes to the RW & B.

Roos, go and get knotted :lol: :twisted: :evil:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shrodes
SS Life Member

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... w6shj.html

Apparently one journalist knows what was said. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You complete dicks.

You know who I am talking to. Yes, you blokes, you St Kilda players who spent your time last weekend sledging the Carlton captain about the alleged infidelities of his wife, which soon led to the dredging up of rumours linking her with the most famed infidel in the country, Wayne Carey.
Stated as fact.

How are we even still getting articles about this on Wednesday? Talk about a slow news week.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Complete dick?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Complete dick?
Can someone tweet him and ask him how he knows what was said? And that if Murphy didnt bring it up no one would have known. And that Murphy has admitted it wasnt about wayne carey.

This guy had to give up drinking cos his own wife couldnt stand him when he drank.