What was said to Murphy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Premium89
Club Player

Re: What was said to Murphy?

bigcarl wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
Soft option is to not admit you got it wrong. Captain, coach and CEO stood up for what is right. Good on em. They admitted some Saints players got it wrong.
I agree. We come out of it looking like gracious winners. Storm in a D Cup really.
Plus one! We say we got some of it wrong, defuse the story and get back to work.
Fully backpedal and we look soft, say nothing and we'd be crucified all week.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interesting that it is former players as well as 'want to be' journos- want a headline journos that are leading the ' morality clause' in the ' debate.
Saints’ vile sledging off limits
SLEDGING directed at Marc Murphy by St Kilda players on Saturday crossed the line and a code of conduct must be established to control comments made on the field, writes Kane Cornes.
Players need more heroics, less stupidity
THE AFL needs to develop a Code of Conduct for sledging to educate all players not to cross the line and adapt to community standards in the wake of the Marc Murphy sledging affair, writes Mark Robinson.
even Murphy didn't say the saints were wrong- but Social media'
Leave my wife alone: Murphy
CARLTON captain Marc Murphy has hit out at “hurtful” commentary regarding his wife Jessie as St Kilda conceded vicious sledging at Etihad Stadium on Saturday had crossed the line.
Atleast Darcy on Talking Footy admitted some of the things said in the last would never pass now- whilst Watson tried the high moral ground- players code?

still wonder why no one is putting it to Murphy that he was also crossing the line,.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
shrodes
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:interesting that it is former players as well as 'want to be' journos- want a headline journos that are leading the ' morality clause' in the ' debate.
SLEDGING directed at Marc Murphy by St Kilda players on Saturday crossed the line and a code of conduct must be established to control comments made on the field, writes Kane Cornes.
To be fair, Kane Cornes has been on the end of some pretty vile sledging.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... d18fbbaa73

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/marc-m ... fcd79be8ee

so clearing the saints of that issue?
The AFL legend added a further twist on the saga, saying that he’d been in contact with players from both Carlton and St Kilda following the weekend, and he was not part of the sledge delivered to Murphy.

“Just so everyone knows, I wasn’t part of any of that sledging. My name wasn’t brought up by any of the St Kilda players to Marc Murphy — that’s been confirmed by Marc and everyone,” Carey said.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
BigMart wrote:Weak as piss Richo

Stick up for your own guys
Well he did, sort of.

Need to watch it again.

Robbo was on our side surprisingly.
I've just watched it. I'd steeled myself for a cringe-fest. The whole segment was surprisingly balanced, given the swirling clouds and the rival beat up occurring on 7.

I thought Richo was spectacular, stood up for Gears and the club. Called Robbo when he looked like he was baking us and extracted from Robbo an impassioned statement on how good our club is now and how far we have come. Scott said we'd done the right thing by meeting the criticism, apologising and moving on.

I don't think any of us could have predicted on Saturday how far the Carlton media machine would move to deflect an astonishingly poor onfield effort by their skipper. We've been the scapegoats (in that the attack on Jake lying prostrate on the ground is a one line afterthought), but I don't think we can pretend that this kind of stuff in 2017 is going to fly under the radar with the "what goes on the field stays on the field" adage. The things my kids hear on field at under 9s and 11s is enough to make anyone stop and think about what role sledging should play in the modern era.

I'm very comfortable with where our club has landed.

And I wouldn't want to be Carlton high fiving themselves on their moral superiority. It will be a slow and agonising roll down Mount Holier Than Thou every week until their skipper retires.

Always loyal
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Yep. I suspect that the inner sanctum and the Saints players are seething over this.

I was doubtful about a win against the Swans but now I'd put money on it.

As for the Blues, I suspect they'll drown in their own hypocrisy.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Maybe something like, more pricks than Phil Taylor's dartboard!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
asaint
Club Player

Wayne Carey emphatically denied the rumour.

ace
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
saintbrat wrote:interesting that it is former players as well as 'want to be' journos- want a headline journos that are leading the ' morality clause' in the ' debate.
To be fair, Kane Cornes has been on the end of some pretty vile sledging.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... d18fbbaa73
Wife uses a hyphenated name Cornes - Flake to retain her own identity.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:Wayne Carey emphatically denied the rumour.
"I did not have sexual relations with that women, Haveverymann".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

whats the bet carlisle gets boo'd each week without anyone knowing anything

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Richo on 360 said he wants the players to play on the edge - so he wants them to push the limits of the rules.

It's all just media spin by our guys - I'm sure Ricoh is quietly happy with what happened and he was happy with the melee reaction.

Sledging is OK provided it's not racial/religious or sexual orientation based. Rest is fair game IMO. This is the big league not a kids game where the rules need to be tougher.

Shame we only play Carlton once this year - we really need to play them twice next year with all this going on.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
markp
Saintsational Legend

If it was true would it be ok?

Coz it's either plainly untrue and easily laughed and shrugged off or it has a ring of truth.

I remember hearing a great crowd sledge at a norf game after the Carey scandal - "go home and take a good look at your kids, they're all Carey's!"

Minimal damage to our club, murphy is obviously a sook, but having said all that (personal) sledging, like players ripping into umpires, they should be better than that.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Swallow had zero presence as a captain but Murphy makes him look opaque. Perhaps even more visible than John Cena.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

So what was said. Nothing about Carey apparantly. Yesterday Gary Lyon said cant comment cos we dont know what was said. This morning we are the worst club in the world and yet he still says he doesnt know exactly what was said. Then goes on about how disgusting what was said was. So do they know what was said? Seems Murphy is more concerned about the rumours about his wife and carey that have been around for a year and a half and how it now starts social media off again. And yet if Murphy said nothing this wouldnt of started up again.

At what point did Murphy say something. Was he justifying his actions. So he knew this would start up again if he said something and yet in an effort to save face for abusing a felled player he said something anyway.

No wonder he is doing it tough, he threw his own wife under the bus to save himself.

If he is so upset why hasnt he made a complaint. So a couple of our players said disgusting things about his wife. Ok , whoever those players are , ring Murphy or meet with him better still and apologise. But seriously if Murphy thinks that STkilda is solely responsible for social media, he is dillusional.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We were protecting our image, doing it for the sponsors

I hate that, do what is right by Jake
I think Jake needs to start doing the right thing by Jake and that is thinking before he types, in fact stay off social media.
If the response on social media last night from Jakes's account is actually from Jake he doesn't know when to stay quiet.
The response was nothing, served no positive purpose.

There was no need to draw further attention to himself, and he makes himself look stupid IMO.
He's playing really good footy, looks in good nick and is combining well with his team mates in the back half, keep sliding under the radar Jake.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

and butter wouldn't melt in Carlton's mouth.

Boo hoo....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Like those journos and politicians who feel zero remorse for peddling the Saddam-has-WMD myth, a lot of so-called footy journalists
are yet to apologize for smearing St Kilda as a scandal-prone club when:

* The St Kilda schoolgirl was exposed as a liar -- and no one apologised.
* Andrew Lovett didn't play a single game in St Kilda colours -- and was found not guilty.
* Ricky Nixon, whatever he did or didn't do, was an agent representing players from many clubs.
* Milne was crucified for years over a complex, contested and bungled case.

Yet now, out of the goodness of their spotless hearts, these same "journalists" line up to pour venom on the club all over again, in the
process advertising Marc Murphy's marital anxieties that we otherwise wouldn't know (or care) about.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:

I think Jake needs to start doing the right thing by Jake and that is thinking before he types, in fact stay off social media.
If the response on social media last night from Jakes's account is actually from Jake he doesn't know when to stay quiet.

There was no need to draw further attention to himself, and he makes himself look stupid IMO.
He's playing really good footy, looks in good nick and is combining well with his team mates in the back half, keep sliding under the radar Jake.
What did Jake say? Can't see anything on Twitter

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

What did Jake say? Can't see anything on Twitter
Apparantly he liked a tweet that said murphy was a whinger

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Nothing big, just silly and unnecessary.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This is one is growing legs. I wonder how it affects St Kilda's performance here on end? Will they now bring Carlisle to the tribunal or mediation?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
To the top
SS Life Member

The great irony and lesson from this is Number 3 from Carlton now complaining about comments on social media

The catalyst was Number 3 of Carlton approaching Carlisle as he did - and their is footage confirming his actions

The further catalyst was Number 3 of Carlton then complaining in the media that things were said to him on the ground - then expanding that complaint to include the name of his wife

Quite frankly I did not even know who the Carlton Captain was because I have zero interest in Carlton apart from St Kilda beating them when we play them and when my interest is the performance of St Kilda players exclusively

My knowledge of Number 3 of Carlton being married was non existent

Any knowledge of his wife was non existent

Didn't know anything about him or his wife full stop

Not interested - and still not interested

Except, courtesy of the actions of Number 3 of Carlton last Saturday and since I now have a knowledge of his marital status and the gossip his wife has attracted

For every action there is a reaction

If Number 3 of Carlton had not drawn attention to himself as he has both on the field of play last weekend and since in the media he would not be in the position he finds he and his wife in today - and not only today but for the future because of the matters in the public domain exclusively because of his actions

A lesson in life

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:and butter wouldn't melt in Carlton's mouth.

Boo hoo....
Let's have a little chat about ethics and the CFC, Pav.

One of the gigs Demetriou got, when he 'left' the AFL, was to executive chair Acquire Learning. His nephew, Tim, was already there, as a 'founding member', or some such, and that formed the large part of the ramp that took him on to the BRW Under 40's Richest list in 2015.

"Career One" was part of Acquire Learning. Career One became a sponsor of the CFC in late 2015.

Acquire Learning began in the UK, with this particular Timmy at the helm. Its business model involved the privatisation of vocational education, the 'contested maaaaaarket'.

As go the Yanquis and Limeys, so go we - the razor was taken to TAFE, and the bids were on. So began the racket in vocational education in Oz.

The whole privatisation model was a disgrace, with all sorts of private 'providers' selling 'services' to any poor bugger with a pulse (but no job). And, just as the Limeys had done, the gummints coughed up the full freight in public funding shortly after those who 'signed up' began their courses i.e. not when they'd finished.

The Demetriou clan know a good rort when they see one, and gave the extraction of public revenues a full workout.

Example - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/andre ... k92d7.html

"After that retention date, 'Who cares?' We just forget their name," the source said.

Then there were the laptops - http://www.esperanceexpress.com.au/stor ... s/?cs=4092

"Mr Wall will not talk about graduation rates, but the acknowledged industry completion rate for online diplomas is 7 per cent. It may well be less.

"That just means we've cast a very dark shadow over the lives of 93 per cent of students," a former worker says."

Then, just last week - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... w20yl.html

Handy distraction, the Murphy 'offence', eh?

The CFC's major sponsor was a mob executive chaired by the former AFL CEO, and that sponsor made their dosh by ripping off kids and the public purse, and then they handed some of those ill gotten gains to the CFC.

This whole criminal enterprise became known last year, not long after the sponsorship of the CFC began. But, they hung on until last week.

But, quite obviously I'm missing the point - clearly a couple of blokes from my footy club have committed the biggest ethical 'infringement' of recent years, so let's all pile on in the name of 'right and wrong', of decency.

This is such a crock of s***, the BP would be off the chart - if I gave a hoot, about what the likes of Carey, Watson, Ralph, Roos and all the rest of the intellectual voids who con stupid people into noting what they offer up as 'commentary'. For this bunch of toerags to vomit their rancid bile into a context of community and social standards, and wrap it all up as some sort of moral philosophy for all to note, is a farce.

And, what heightens the disdain I have for this filth, is the history of the organisation they seek to side with (and forever do). As noted yesdee, history is forgotten, only the present matters, and the latest image mediates, so as to deny the reality.

John Dorman Elliott, to name but one, springs to mind within this context.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021