Saints v blues match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v blues match thread

BigMart wrote:We played poorly, the majority would think that... Dunstan made some horrendous errors... that was obvious

10 000 supporters on the wing had the sun directly in their eyes after HT

We beat a bottom 3 team by 2 goals... and over handballed

Nothing ground breaking there
19 points actually.

Bet the cats and the crows wish that they had 19 point wins.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

That's what I took out of it too Saynta. We won a game we should whilst others didn't
A

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

A win is a win. It was no masterpiece, but bank the points and move along. Nothing to see here. Let's focus on next week.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I thought the term "wog" was now considered an "affectionate". It has changed in meaning and intent since the 70's and 80's when it most definitely was a term of derision. I was told by my early twenties son that the word c*nt is now also considered an affectionate. Mate is seen as a bit naff and a term of derision. Go figure. These days it's desireable amongs the young folk of today to say, "Hey c*nt, what's happening?" If you're angry with someone you say, "Hey mate, what do you think you're doing?" I propose Fireman gets a warning for using an affectionate term when describing Carlscum supporters. :)

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I don't mean to be racist but..

I don't mean to be rude or offend but..

I understand why people have a fear of foreigners and want to continue to use terms that are not politically correct and do actually offend some. It justifies their deep down feelings of superiority when they use derogatory words.

Funny thing is that the puppet masters who really run government policies are all in favour of globalisation, free trade, mass immigration and free movement of people. That's what grows their profits. Sucked in!! Your neighbours will soon be Chinese, or Indian and definitely from somewhere in Asia

The Pinch Hitters
Club Player

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Scum fans should be more concerned at how a player like Bryce Squibbs has notched up 217 non-descript games of football.

The Pinch Hitters
Club Player

A mate wrote an interesting take on the match:

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2017/05 ... rey-again/

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I thought the term "wog" was now considered an "affectionate". It has changed in meaning and intent since the 70's and 80's when it most definitely was a term of derision. I was told by my early twenties son that the word c*nt is now also considered an affectionate. Mate is seen as a bit naff and a term of derision. Go figure. These days it's desireable amongs the young folk of today to say, "Hey c*nt, what's happening?" If you're angry with someone you say, "Hey mate, what do you think you're doing?" I propose Fireman gets a warning for using an affectionate term when describing Carlscum supporters. :)
:lol: :lol: