Dave Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dave Armo

At his best he's easily in our best 22, however he is also easily replaceable with the plethera of similar type mids we have at our disposal right now. Without being unkind, his injury is one of the simplest covered in our team and we shouldn't miss a beat.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Armo this year is averaging 12 less disposables per game compared to 2015 (16 compared to 28).
That's almost 50% down!
He's probably spending less time in the guts/sharing the workload .. which might partly explain this?
But, if he was 100%, he'd be in the guts, wouldn't he?

All I know is, we'd be a whole better team with him at 100%.
Probably finish 3 or 4 spots higher.

If it'll help ..
Maybe give him a rest - 3 or 4 games in a row if need be - and let Stevens and Steele take over duties?
A fit Stevens would give us the 16 possessions we're getting out of Armo, I would think.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Not in the best 22 at this stage.

Rubbish. That is only your opinion, not fact.[/quot

Of course it is ...der. good footballer but has no pace anymore.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armo may well be cooked.
Not sure exactly what his medical issues are but I think he is cooked.
Maybe the club already knows this which is why we were so keen on Steele.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I'm not sure he's cooked. But I'd like him to be 100% right to take the field.

He did some tremendous things at 80%. But @ 100% he does not get run down in a tackle (even if his mate misses the shepherd).

Make sure he's right.

Always loyal
saint-stu
Club Player

Bloody hell we're quick to write off youngsters as dud selections and quick to write of veterans as cooked.
Last edited by saint-stu on Wed 19 Apr 2017 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

1ac46a38
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

After such optimism preseason, I was looking forward to an injury free Armo lifting our midfield. He looks to be struggling physically. If he's 100% he's a very important player. Looking at him on the weekend, he looks about 75% at best. He's such a warrior, he'd be up for anything, but a couple of weeks off entirely might not be the worst idea. Our sports science team has a fine track record in managing the players' injuries. In them I trust. We'll need Armo come August and September, when big, strong bodies thrive.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

saint-stu wrote:Bloody hell we're quick to write off youngsters as dud selections and quick to write of veterans as cooked.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Cooked may be excessive but he doesnt look 100%. Last year he wasnt 100% and played 22 games, this year we actually have depth by adding Steele and Stevens. He needs to come out. How can anyone expect a guy to get to 100% if hes getting hammered into the turf week in week out.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Bloody hell we're quick to write off youngsters as dud selections and quick to write of veterans as cooked.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Cooked may be excessive but he doesnt look 100%. Last year he wasnt 100% and played 22 games, this year we actually have depth by adding Steele and Stevens. He needs to come out. How can anyone expect a guy to get to 100% if hes getting hammered into the turf week in week out.
The problem is it's round 5 and he's just back from an offseason

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:They all walk tall with Armo in the game. Will do it all again for this week !!
You're not the slight bit biased are you Aunty Armo?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
elizabethr
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
elizabethr wrote:They all walk tall with Armo in the game. Will do it all again for this week !!
Lawn Bowls have "bias"

nothing to say
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

elizabethr wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Lawn Bowls have "bias"
As do the umpires.
Umpires and lawn bowls have an identical number of brain cells, by the way

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
elizabethr wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Lawn Bowls have "bias"
As do the umpires.
Umpires and lawn bowls have an identical number of brain cells, by the way
And lawn bowls have more personality! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mickey
Club Player

I was by the race, he limped in at half time & looked in pain whilst talking to a medico. At the start of the third he came on 2 minutes after the rest of the team, me thinks his groin problem has returned. Would be surprised if he plays this week given Jack's return.

kalsaint
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:Brave effort and great physicality around the ball, but shouldn't have played if wasn't completely right. What happened to this rotation idea? I guess the future doesn't matter as much as the present. What if Richo is ending Armo's career early by playing him injured? Richo played the hell out of Dunny too and he needed a shoulder reconstruction at his early age.

#usetheswholesquad
Resembles Luke Balls later days at the Saints. Groins, speed loss, struggling to get best form due to injury setbacks. Best idea is to put him on a tagging role and use Ross as the inside man for while , unless the injury is debilitating.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Saint wagga
Club Player

Silver lining - Armo has only produced 1 season (2015) where he was an A grade midfielder...he's been very solid at other times, and done some great inside work, but he's no gun. The common thread has been our midfield is too slow and one dimensional. Well now Armo is likely out for months if not the season, that will give someone 20 games to stake a claim to become part of our midfield...guys like Acres and billings, koby Stevens, minchington, Gresham etc...to pick up the load and potentially be better than Armo's output and take our midfield to the next level.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep. Too true and so annoyingly sad.

ace
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 2b8b18ab29

Don't know why the soreness, medical scans next week, may need surgery !
Out for an extended period.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Saint wagga
Club Player

Our Coach on Armo's injury in response to him being possibily brought back too soon... "“It was one of those injuries where it wasn’t going to get any worse, but hopefully you can pull up better. That wasn’t the case. He’s a sore boy, so he’ll need to have a spell.”...

Is it just me or does that make sweet F*** all sense?? It wasn't going to get any worse?!?!? isn't that exactly what happened!! He's pulled up so much worse that he's now looking at probably a couple of months on the sideline with or without surgery...could even be season ending!! That's why you don' get the coach to try and talk sports medicine. Either defer to the club medico or say nothing, otherwise you run the risk of looking and sounding very dumb!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:Our Coach on Armo's injury in response to him being possibily brought back too soon... "“It was one of those injuries where it wasn’t going to get any worse, but hopefully you can pull up better. That wasn’t the case. He’s a sore boy, so he’ll need to have a spell.”...

Is it just me or does that make sweet F*** all sense?? It wasn't going to get any worse?!?!? isn't that exactly what happened!! He's pulled up so much worse that he's now looking at probably a couple of months on the sideline with or without surgery...could even be season ending!! That's why you don' get the coach to try and talk sports medicine. Either defer to the club medico or say nothing, otherwise you run the risk of looking and sounding very dumb!

Good post.

I agree with your comments.

Armo looked to me like he was playing injured.

Still managed 17 possessions last week

His critics should hang their heads in shame.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I guess this is both good and bad news.
Bad news that he is injured and sidelined.
Good news that it explains why his form has been so down. A sore groin is a nightmare for playing footy so he has probably only been going at 40% capacity.

SuperDuper
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Our Coach on Armo's injury in response to him being possibily brought back too soon... "“It was one of those injuries where it wasn’t going to get any worse, but hopefully you can pull up better. That wasn’t the case. He’s a sore boy, so he’ll need to have a spell.”...

Good post.

I agree with your comments.

Armo looked to me like he was playing injured.

Still managed 17 possessions last week

His critics should hang their heads in shame.
Good player but needs to be fit ...
Getting his body right is only the first step... he then needs to re-do a mini pre-season before returning

A half fit Armo who has to modify his training to get up each weak is barely best 22 whilst a fully fit Armo can make a real impact.

Use our depth to take a long term approach with Armo... maybe returning after the bye or even later if necessary so he only returns in tip top condition.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:Is it just me or does that make sweet F*** all sense?? …sounding very dumb!
You also have to wonder why after playing and finishing really sore on the 16th of April… he can't get a scan till at least the 26th ?

Surely if he potentially needs surgery we should be fast tracking the scan and surgery to give him the best chance of playing again sooner?

He could have already had that surgery if it's necessary…

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Is it just me or does that make sweet F*** all sense?? …sounding very dumb!
You also have to wonder why after playing and finishing really sore on the 16th of April… he can't get a scan till at least the 26th ?

Surely if he potentially needs surgery we should be fast tracking the scan and surgery to give him the best chance of playing again sooner?

He could have already had that surgery if it's necessary…
They could shove him into Vic House today for scans, no probs - it's more likely a case of really bad inflammation/swelling; scans likely won't help until they can get a clear look.

If it's OP my recollection is it can take a while to clearly diagnose.

On any view, it's bad.

Always loyal
dragit
Saintsational Legend

It's a shame, I'm not giving up on him just yet, he's only 28, not 35. Hopefully he can get his body right, because I think he's still capable of playing some very good football.