Docklands playing surface

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Docklands playing surface

I can see it now Billings does a knee and Roo goes down... we always get stiffed... hope there are no injuries to any players
It's a bit of a worry ...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Little Miss Cockney who hates the paparazzi doesn't mind playing in front of an oversized crowd whereby most of the crowd most of the time wouldn't have been able to see her face.

Hypocritical bitch. She could've played at a front on format but nah she has rake in a few extra hundred $$$. But keep those pesky photographers away

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saints43
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
MC Gusto wrote: should have taken the MCG option when we had it
What option? I thought that the AFL forced us to leave Waverley with Docklands the only option.
Spot on. Once Hawthorn announced they would play there the AFL forced us to move to Docklands (by saying they wouldn't schedule us at the 'G). Really helpful in our negotiations with the stadium you'd reckon....

Rod Butterss said the numbers didn't add up before we'd even signed.

It's a great place to watch footy though. Couldn't imagine a better view.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Little Miss Cockney who hates the paparazzi doesn't mind playing in front of an oversized crowd whereby most of the crowd most of the time wouldn't have been able to see her face.

Hypocritical bitch. She could've played at a front on format but nah she has rake in a few extra hundred $$$. But keep those pesky photographers away
God, what a horrible statement to make about someone you don't know, you must live a miserable exisitence

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Little Miss Cockney who hates the paparazzi doesn't mind playing in front of an oversized crowd whereby most of the crowd most of the time wouldn't have been able to see her face.

God, what a horrible statement to make about someone you don't know, you must live a miserable exisitence
Why?
The cow said she avoided the paparazzi. But publicity feeds her pockets.

You have no idea you miserable prick

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Why?

And have a nice day to you too, sir! :(

Saint supporter since '62
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

even if the ground isn't any good

you will now be able to buy a Drink at the northern entrance of the ground
Etihad Stadium‏Verified account @EtihadStadiumAU

Sneak peek! We've been busy creating a brand new bar at Gate 5, Level 1. Stay tuned for more info

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Why?

Eloquent and charming as ever, you are a modern day shakespeare, your family must be so proud of you.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Why?

Eloquent and charming as ever, you are a modern day shakespeare, your family must be so proud of you.
Thanks.

I trust you enjoyed the Adele concert.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:even if the ground isn't any good

you will now be able to buy a Drink at the northern entrance of the ground
Etihad Stadium‏Verified account @EtihadStadiumAU

Sneak peek! We've been busy creating a brand new bar at Gate 5, Level 1. Stay tuned for more info
Gate 5 is parallel to the train tracks and on the Eastern side

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Why?

Thanks.

I trust you enjoyed the Adele concert.
Thought you'd never heard of her SP? :?

shrodes
SS Life Member

Our captain is apparently a fan
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-24/l ... t794005619
Still on the Saints, there's been a lot of talk about venue surfaces and their condition at AFL grounds ahead of round one.

Our man Dinny Navaratnam has picked up on a couple of Saints who attended the concerts that cause such drama at this time of year.

Jack Newness was at the Justin Bieber concert at Etihad Stadium earlier this month, while captain Jarryn Geary attended both Bieber and Adele's performances.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The field may recover, but I doubt the speakers will ever recover from Adele's whining voice.
I must be getting old. Don't know what the fuss is all about. Never even heard of her before her tour and have never heard her sing.
Ditto "saynta", I'd never heard of her and still don't know what she sings. The only reason I heard her name was when I was caught up in a traffic jam when 65 thousand went to her concert at Subiaco a few weeks ago.
I turned on the car radio to find out what the traffic hold up was, and found out it was a concert that night at Subi by some female I'd never heard of. Didn't know if she was Australian, American, English, European, Asian or black or white.

I assumed she was just like all those single named females that come and go monotonously Madonna, Pink, Beyonance et al, who I find rather tuneless, who appear to use their overdieted, bodies (boob implants etc) to take the attention away from their lack of voice.

I was rather surprised the next day when I saw a piccie in the newspaper this single-named woman called Adele, she was quite a tubby lady, and her style of dress was rather demure, not flashing any flesh nor was there squashed up boob insight. Still didn't know what she sounds like tho' - oh and I read she is British - don't know if she is Scottish, Welsh or English tho'.!!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saynta wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The field may recover, but I doubt the speakers will ever recover from Adele's whining voice.
I must be getting old. Don't know what the fuss is all about. Never even heard of her before her tour and have never heard her sing.
Ditto "saynta", I'd never heard of her and still don't know what she sings. The only reason I heard her name was when I was caught up in a traffic jam when 65 thousand went to her concert at Subiaco a few weeks ago.
I turned on the car radio to find out what the traffic hold up was, and found out it was a concert that night at Subi by some female I'd never heard of. Didn't know if she was Australian, American, English, European, Asian or black or white.

I assumed she was just like all those single named females that come and go monotonously Madonna, Pink, Beyonance et al, who I find rather tuneless, who appear to use their overdieted, bodies (boob implants etc) to take the attention away from their lack of voice.

I was rather surprised the next day when I saw a piccie in the newspaper this single-named woman called Adele, she was quite a tubby lady, and her style of dress was rather demure, not flashing any flesh nor was there squashed up boob insight. Still didn't know what she sounds like tho' - oh and I read she is British - don't know if she is Scottish, Welsh or English tho'.!!!!
Cockney i heard or read somewhere. With that accent one would hope/think they couldn't hold a tune.

Hope the AFL now as ground managers don't go down that path again.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saynta wrote:

Beyonce 1997-
Pink 1995-
Madonna 1982-

I wouldn't say those female singers come and go monotonously. They've been around for quite a while - Twice as long as the Beatles in fact.

I personally don't like much of their music but ignorance is no excuse to diss someone. You could always look them up on Youtube to at least make up your mind one way or the other.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Premium89
Club Player

Funnily enough, the main thing I reckon Adele has over the othe "single named female" (and male) pop stars is that she doesn't need to tart up, or court the paps to fill a stadium. In fact, she's actually got the ability to perform live for a whole concert, unlike some in the biz today.
Need we mention Ellie Goulding from the GF a couple of years back?
Don't like Adele's music, but at least she's out doing live shows!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bump...

Fkn AFL

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

supersaints wrote:I can see it now Billings does a knee and Roo goes down... we always get stiffed... hope there are no injuries to any players
It's a bit of a worry ...
You cursed Roo. Thanks

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee