Saints to Throw Kitchen Sink at Fyfe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Saints to Throw Kitchen Sink at Fyfe

Playon wrote:
markp wrote:
Playon wrote:Yes i know that, but they don't say Saints to throw the kitchen sink at him with 1.5 mill. Totally different
They don't say we're not!

It may also be an attraction to Fyfe that we're the last club on earth who would hire Lyon when he and freo part ways.
They don't say we are either to keep it in perspective.

And if you want to hear what Finnis said about list management today
https://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-16/f ... PHXK0rY.97

I'm hoping that we DO chase Fyfe, but I'm not going to base that on what that facebook page is claiming. Did you hear from the club that were offering 1.5 mill a year? Have you heard were even going to make an offer
Agree with Finnis is saying too much imbalance throwing huge salaries at someone, he's also some sort of risk with his bad leg break , remember Nathan Brown. We have already taken a huge risk with Freeman that's enough for me.
While Fyfe is probably oubout the best going around I think we should recruit a couple of up and comers for what he would take out of the salary cap.its worth listening to Matt.
Also think if we do throw the kitchen sink at a player. Its the year we are right in the premiership wiindow
Think we may have something very,very special in Gresch

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
markp wrote:
Playon wrote:Yes i know that, but they don't say Saints to throw the kitchen sink at him with 1.5 mill. Totally different

It may also be an attraction to Fyfe that we're the last club on earth who would hire Lyon when he and freo part ways.

I'm hoping that we DO chase Fyfe, but I'm not going to base that on what that facebook page is claiming. Did you hear from the club that were offering 1.5 mill a year? Have you heard were even going to make an offer
I was kidding.

They'd be nuts to offer $1.5 million x 5, and it's not happening anyway.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

We need the next Fyfe. The old one is about to be hit with a dozen sinks.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Will be traded for Hogan of Melbourne.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
linz
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:
8856brother wrote:Doesn't he have ongoing injury concerns like a few others? Played in about 5 of their last 25 games.
This would be my only concern
He played in 2015 with that leg fracture which undoubtably led to him re-fracturing it again this year . He then had a plate inserted so you would have to wonder if his leg will ever be as good as it was .
Next year will be interesting . If he struggles , clubs may lose interest .
I could be wrong but didn't he break both legs in 2 seperate incidents?
Also, bones heal stronger when they break too, hence there is less likelihood of it happening again (unlike ligaments)
1.5 million per year a bargain IMO.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Will be traded for Hogan of Melbourne.
Pick 9 + Hogan for Fyfe?

That would leave Freo with pick 3, 9 + Hogan + McCarthy.

RyanSaints

Nat Fyfe - St Kilda Trade Rumours

These are just rumours without any mention of sources, but would be very interesting..... thoughts?
https://www.facebook.com/AflTradeRumour ... =3&theater

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nat Fyfe - St Kilda Trade Rumours

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
RyanSaints

Re: Nat Fyfe - St Kilda Trade Rumours

haha cheers

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

only if we need a plug- need to see how he comes back- playing with the injury may have affected more than the intial problem

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I will have a spare kitchen sink once I demolish the single concrete blockwork wall between my two apartments and combine the two kitchens on either side of that wall into one.
I hope that wall is not load bearing. :|

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't support throwing away team salary structures for one player.
We need to remember how the hawks and cats won three flags each.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

supersaints wrote:
Playon wrote:
markp wrote:

Agree with Finnis is saying too much imbalance throwing huge salaries at someone, he's also some sort of risk with his bad leg break , remember Nathan Brown. We have already taken a huge risk with Freeman that's enough for me.
While Fyfe is probably oubout the best going around I think we should recruit a couple of up and comers for what he would take out of the salary cap.its worth listening to Matt.
Also think if we do throw the kitchen sink at a player. Its the year we are right in the premiership wiindow
Think we may have something very,very special in Gresch
While I think its just wishful thinking, if Fyfe was on the market this season (Freo looking to cash in before he becomes a FA next year) then I'd have no problem throwing two 1st rounders & $1.5large for 5. The TPP is going to rise significantly when the new TV & broadcasting deal is signed so $1.5m a year is doable.

His leg wasn't a bad break (nowhere near Nathan Brown's). It sounds like he was played before he was ready & broke down again.

alwis12

Wombat15 wrote:St Kilda FC are set to throw the kitchen Wall mount sink at Freo's Nat Fyfe.

Fyfe has recently told the Fremantle FC that he will look at his options before deciding.
St Kilda has been using the minimum (95%) of their salary cap for the past 3 years and it is expected to have at least $1.5million per year for 5 years for an offer (if they use most if not all of it).

Could Fyfe be heading to the Saints.

This is just based on a Facebook post and purely rumour with no credentials behind it but what a move that would be for the club.

Hello Wombat15,

Scrub that dirty sink
. You’d think that with all the soap and water that flow through sinks that they’d be perpetually clean—but that’s not so. Soap deposits, food stains, rust, and water spots will all build up if you don’t stay on top of them. How often you should scrub a sink depends on how much use it gets: Scrub a bathroom sink after about 30 uses. A good recipe for a clean sink is a squirt of dishwashing liquid added to a bowl of warm water. Dip a sponge in the mixture, and scrub gently. If you want to give the sink a more thorough scrub, try an all-purpose cleaning spray or a nonabrasive cleaner.

stjay
Club Player

alwis12 wrote:
Wombat15 wrote:St Kilda FC are set to throw the kitchen Wall mount sink at Freo's Nat Fyfe.

Fyfe has recently told the Fremantle FC that he will look at his options before deciding.
St Kilda has been using the minimum (95%) of their salary cap for the past 3 years and it is expected to have at least $1.5million per year for 5 years for an offer (if they use most if not all of it).

Could Fyfe be heading to the Saints.

This is just based on a Facebook post and purely rumour with no credentials behind it but what a move that would be for the club.

Hello Wombat15,

Scrub that dirty sink
. You’d think that with all the soap and water that flow through sinks that they’d be perpetually clean—but that’s not so. Soap deposits, food stains, rust, and water spots will all build up if you don’t stay on top of them. How often you should scrub a sink depends on how much use it gets: Scrub a bathroom sink after about 30 uses. A good recipe for a clean sink is a squirt of dishwashing liquid added to a bowl of warm water. Dip a sponge in the mixture, and scrub gently. If you want to give the sink a more thorough scrub, try an all-purpose cleaning spray or a nonabrasive cleaner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoghPts44Ng

spert
Saintsational Legend

If getting Fyfe at the Saints results in a premiership, what Saint supporter is going to make an issue of how many squillions it cost...none!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:If getting Fyfe at the Saints results in a premiership, what Saint supporter is going to make an issue of how many squillions it cost...none!
Would it though... I fee like at that price we could get at least 2 maybe 3 really good players as opposed to just Fyfe.

Furthermore, if we get Fyfe at that price... I feel like we're backed into a corner for 5 years. No other moves left to make

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
spert wrote:If getting Fyfe at the Saints results in a premiership, what Saint supporter is going to make an issue of how many squillions it cost...none!
Would it though... I fee like at that price we could get at least 2 maybe 3 really good players as opposed to just Fyfe.

Furthermore, if we get Fyfe at that price... I feel like we're backed into a corner for 5 years. No other moves left to make
We've got plenty of "good" players. You can only fit 22 in your team and only 40 or so on your list. We need elite players.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think we need more than one though Bluthy and I don't know if throwing the war chest at one player is the answer

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'll also add the Freo didn't win the flag with Fyfe in their team

saint-stu
Club Player

Yeh, I think we're done with getting more and more "good players". The list is bursting at the seams with them. I'm also not sure it was a great idea giving up pick 5 for 2 lesser picks. Where we are right now, we should be trying to do the opposite. Elite talent only please.

1ac46a38
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Yeh, I think we're done with getting more and more "good players". The list is bursting at the seams with them. I'm also not sure it was a great idea giving up pick 5 for 2 lesser picks. Where we are right now, we should be trying to do the opposite. Elite talent only please.
So you're not happy with Carslile and Gresham?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I feel like ppl are playing with words a little here...

There are plenty of good to excellent AFL players we could target that are not Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield etc that won't cost $1.5mill a season.
Ones been mentioned here already.

I'm just saying maybe go for a few really good mids as opposed to just Fyfe?

saint-stu
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Yeh, I think we're done with getting more and more "good players". The list is bursting at the seams with them. I'm also not sure it was a great idea giving up pick 5 for 2 lesser picks. Where we are right now, we should be trying to do the opposite. Elite talent only please.
So you're not happy with Carslile and Gresham?
I didn't say that. Also, they were recruited in 2015 traft/trade. Last year we didn't get any elite players through free agency or trade, and also gave up our high pick. The one for many deals made sense to me when we had a ageing list and nothing coming up behind them. Not any more.

1ac46a38
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Forget Fyfe, forget Martin, forget Whitfield none of those players alone will win us a flag. Keep investing in our recruiting and development and we will have the complete set at our door step. Our kids are about 2 years away from being a serious threat just keep bringing the younger players through and they will get us to the 'holy grail'!