NATHAN FYFE OR DUSTY MARTIN. WE MUST GET ONE. And ACRES ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

NATHAN FYFE OR DUSTY MARTIN. WE MUST GET ONE. And ACRES ...

Look at the big clubs of hawks, cats and pies they went and got danger trelor and omeara. We got carlisle and steele which is good, but, if we want a flag in the next 5 years we MUST GET ONE OF THESE BLOKES NOW!!!
If we dont we will always be short that elite midfielder that we need.
Surely the club is doing eveything they can to get FYFE.
I right now believe he is coming to us. Hes never denied leaving freo at end of this year, hes latest remarks regarding melbourne (fox special). With fyfe, 2018 is possible for a flag. We must do this for reiwoldt. Otherwise we'll be another north and tigers.

RE ACRES: This kid could be one of the best nids in the game. He could be KOUTAFIDES FFS. Whats his problem? Its MENTAL. He makes great decisions, he has elite skill and he IS NOT SLOW. BUT HE IS SLOW WITH BALL IN HAND AND WHEN HE HAS SPACE.
Why? Its a psychological problem which a sports psychologist needs to work on. Fix it and he becomes elite.

Sorry to YELL BUT getting FYFE (or dusty) and FIXING ACRES with the natural progression (which is seemingly happening) and REIWOLDT still as fit as ever (freak) we will win the 2018 flag (as GWS johnson griffen and deludio pack it in, and they lose extra talent meaning SYNERGY WILL DIE somewhat)

Lets not do the ordinary stkilda thing and ignore these things as not important. They are the difference between finals and flags.

Winmar
Club Player

Re: NATHAN FYFE OR DUSTY MARTIN. WE MUST GET ONE. And ACRES

Goddard took a long while to get going but was worth the wait in the end. I'm not sure that Fyfe will be the one we should be throwing cash at, but I don't think he'll leave Freo anyway. We do need to be going after big stars though.

SMS
Club Player

We have the luxury obviously of waiting to see how he goes in 2017, but in sure he'll go back to the level he is capable
of. Kid is a star. If he dominates We have to throw cash bigtime. Very important we make finals and show improvement

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re Acres, Koby Stevens may have been moved above him in the pecking order. The message from the club is that Blake needs to improve his disposal/decision making.

Or maybe they are just keeping Blake under wraps. Knock him down a bit to keep him keen and competitive etc.

I hope it's the latter because I thought we'd seen the arrival of a star in the latter part of last season. A potential game-breaker.

It will be interesting to ss how he goes this week. Hopefully he can come out and show enough to make it hard for the club to drop him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Re Acres, Koby Stevens may have been moved above him in the pecking order. The message from the club is that Blake needs to improve his disposal/decision making.

Or maybe they are just keeping Blake under wraps. Knock him down a bit to keep him keen and competitive etc.

I hope it's the latter because I thought we'd seen the arrival of a star in the latter part of last season. A potential game-breaker.

It will be interesting to ss how he goes this week. Hopefully he can come out and show enough to make it hard for the club to drop him.

Interview with Adam Kingsley after the first praccy game where Kingsley talks about Acres from the 8.00 minute mark. Says Blake specifically needs to work on his disposal.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2017-02- ... m-kingsley

SMS
Club Player

Thats the thing re ACRES. IS he really bad at disposing the ball? No. Weve all seen his skill. Its mental imo. He just gets overwhelmed when he has space, then if he fets rushed then he does the worst kicks lol
Frustrating because he is a 191cm beast with all attributes to be a star like pendlebury. He just needs switch on faster with the ball. Can he do it? Who knows. But if not what do we do? Like being stuck with a rolls royce without an engine. Sad.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

I'll be happy with Dylan Shiel tbh...

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Yep Shiel for mine

#1 Ryder fan
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Link for those that have really short memories (warning - contains offensive language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjARA6_GSm8

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SMS
Club Player

Yes well Shiel would be great too. Is he any chance to get to us?

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Link for those that have really short memories (warning - contains offensive language)

Send it to the club, it appears they are the ones with short memories.

Love the fact that Blake is always moving the ball fwd of centre with real punch & seems to always be involved in scoring chains.

Perhaps Blake is like Dane Swan and doesn't like training? I just don't buy the old "he wasn't selected cos he needs to work on his disposal".

SMS
Club Player

Shiel was a carlton supporter, but lived stkilda territory so I think we got a chance ;)

He would be great. That speed is amazing.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Link for those that have really short memories (warning - contains offensive language)

Yep plays like a beast. Needs to believe in himself more

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

All this Fyfe and Martin fantasizing is nonsense. It's that Carlton/Judd mentality. Ooh, if we get Chris Judd, we'll be in premiership contention. How about we keep Blake Acres, keep our two first round draft picks and keep building long term sustainable success, rather than thinking all will be magically perfect if we score a superstar from another club. Have we learnt nothing from our past?

saintbob
SS Life Member

FFS get of Acres back, he's missed ONE preseason game and all of a sudden the world is ending.

f*** Fyfe and Martin give me Josh Kelly every day of the week.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:All this Fyfe and Martin fantasizing is nonsense. It's that Carlton/Judd mentality. Ooh, if we get Chris Judd, we'll be in premiership contention. How about we keep Blake Acres, keep our two first round draft picks and keep building long term sustainable success, rather than thinking all will be magically perfect if we score a superstar from another club. Have we learnt nothing from our past?
Good post.

We can still go for a free agent though. We need the last missing piece.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I believe the club has, in its list management strategy, a goal to snare at least one elite FA. If we manage to do that, we will still have our two first round draft picks as well as the elite midfielder we desperately need to complete the rebuild started in 2012. I believe our list is building well, but we need another couple of top class mids with elite disposal to complete the picture. I don't know who that will be, but I wouldn't mind Dusty or Fyfe.

They're not the whole answer, but they would certainly boost us from competitive and probable finalist, to genuine contender. Imagine if you added two first rounders as well? As for Shiel, a source at Edithvale-Aspendale tells me he is happy at GWS and is most likely to recommit with them. A big, fat contract offer might change that. I think Josh Kelly might be attainable but would cost us those first rounders. Would you do that? No doubt we've put ourselves in a strong position. I have hopes Gresham will be our next Steven, only with better disposal. Acres could be Fyfe like. Only time will tell, but why not keep adding to, and improving the list with proven talent?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I believe the club has, in its list management strategy, a goal to snare at least one elite FA. If we manage to do that, we will still have our two first round draft picks as well as the elite midfielder we desperately need to complete the rebuild started in 2012. I believe our list is building well, but we need another couple of top class mids with elite disposal to complete the picture. I don't know who that will be, but I wouldn't mind Dusty or Fyfe.

They're not the whole answer, but they would certainly boost us from competitive and probable finalist, to genuine contender. Imagine if you added two first rounders as well? As for Shiel, a source at Edithvale-Aspendale tells me he is happy at GWS and is most likely to recommit with them. A big, fat contract offer might change that. I think Josh Kelly might be attainable but would cost us those first rounders. Would you do that? No doubt we've put ourselves in a strong position. I have hopes Gresham will be our next Steven, only with better disposal. Acres could be Fyfe like. Only time will tell, but why not keep adding to, and improving the list with proven talent?

Would seriously consider Martin plus Josh Kelly for our draft picks. Do you think it's possible we might be able to snare Kelly for a first rounder plus a player? It's possible that at year's end we may have a young player who can't get game time at the Saints who might be of interest to GWS. Longer for example.

Spending both our first round draft picks on someone like Kelly, well I'm not so sure about that.
Longer term strategy would be to snare an elite FA and use our first rounders on two young players.

It will depend on who's available and who else is a player in the market at the time.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

if i had a dollar for every youtube highlights video ruined by loud indecorous music i'd go whee.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

That is one hell of a highlights package. What a player !!!! Absolute star in the making.

wally
Club Player

I think Fyfe will stay at Freo as captain, probably just stirring up the media circus, helps his deal as well.
I would be surprised if anyone in the GWS starting 22 is going to leave.
What about Cripps from Carlton, good player in crap side?
Could we get Lockie Neal or Locky Weller from Freo?
If Gibbs goes back to Adelaide could someone be squeezed out?
Is there someone at Sydney that may be squeezed out?
If PA have a crap year would Boak want out again /or someone else.

There must be these type of players gettable, we've struggled to land in the past.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:That is one hell of a highlights package. What a player !!!! Absolute star in the making.
I think you are going over the top there Joe. You could put together a pretty good blooper reel of him, too. Still, there's something there.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Yes probably. ..but he has some moves ...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nothing wrong with his disposal there.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:All this Fyfe and Martin fantasizing is nonsense. It's that Carlton/Judd mentality. Ooh, if we get Chris Judd, we'll be in premiership contention. How about we keep Blake Acres, keep our two first round draft picks and keep building long term sustainable success, rather than thinking all will be magically perfect if we score a superstar from another club. Have we learnt nothing from our past?
Sounds good to me.