Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

Any chance that Carlton could stuff the Marchbank trade and we make a late play?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
ace wrote:
saynta wrote:
ace wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Posted this @ E'dope, but one would think GWS would be factoring this in to their list thinking, should it go the wrong way (for them and Whitfield).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-2016-a ... s54gm.html

"The legal advice means the drugs body is briefed to consider its own independent move on the trio if the AFL does not lay charges.

The AFL has received legal advice and is deciding whether to lay charges of avoiding a performance-enhancing drugs test, which brings a mandatory minimum four-year penalty. The news that ASADA has sought legal advice separate to the AFL indicates it was preparing for the possibility of acting regardless of the AFL."
Lachie Whitfield will think twice before finding another girlfriend - 4 years and maybe all your footy career gone because an ex-girlfriend wanted revenge so dobbed you in.
Maybe she just wanted him off the drugs.
Dobbing him in to ASADA does not get him off the drugs but may get him 4 years, or life, out of football.
That can be counted in millions of dollars lost income.
Don't bother.

Stinger is a bit old school when it comes to drug policy. If he had his way there would be public canings.

It would seem from your post that this stinger and I would agree where drug pushers were concerned.

I would never advocate public flogging for drug users but I would certainly cut off their welfare benifits.

Where you been mate?
You're not still denying your true identity are you :lol:

Been over on bigfooty for the most part, moved simply to get away from P66 but as fate would have it he wasn't to be around here much longer.

Hope you've been well pal.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

is it 2pm on the morrow when the bell rings on this jolly good fun

its an absolute pleasure enjoying my mob sitting on the top of the dung heap for a change.

its been days n days n days of Big Kev :)

with plenty of sh1t to read
ahhhhh

Go Us.

c'mon the end of the cricket season

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

The O'Meara / Hawks thing?

Or all of them together and there will be a frantic last minute frenzy tomorrow?

Rocket
Club Player

Are we finished trading ????!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
ace wrote:
saynta wrote:
ace wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Posted this @ E'dope, but one would think GWS would be factoring this in to their list thinking, should it go the wrong way (for them and Whitfield).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-2016-a ... s54gm.html

"The legal advice means the drugs body is briefed to consider its own independent move on the trio if the AFL does not lay charges.

The AFL has received legal advice and is deciding whether to lay charges of avoiding a performance-enhancing drugs test, which brings a mandatory minimum four-year penalty. The news that ASADA has sought legal advice separate to the AFL indicates it was preparing for the possibility of acting regardless of the AFL."
Lachie Whitfield will think twice before finding another girlfriend - 4 years and maybe all your footy career gone because an ex-girlfriend wanted revenge so dobbed you in.
Maybe she just wanted him off the drugs.
Dobbing him in to ASADA does not get him off the drugs but may get him 4 years, or life, out of football.
That can be counted in millions of dollars lost income.
Don't bother.

Stinger is a bit old school when it comes to drug policy. If he had his way there would be public canings.

It would seem from your post that this stinger and I would agree where drug pushers were concerned.

I would never advocate public flogging for drug users but I would certainly cut off their welfare benifits.

Where you been mate?
You're not still denying your true identity are you :lol:

Been over on bigfooty for the most part, moved simply to get away from P66 but as fate would have it he wasn't to be around here much longer.

Hope you've been well pal.
Yeah, I'm good. Hope you are the same.

This site much improved with the removal of plugger and the diminished postings of other stirrers.

You imput here would be much appreciated by everyone I would think.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hey everybody look at me !!!!!!!!!!!! I use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????????????? marks to accentuate my dribble !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I know nothing !!!!!!!!! I have no intel !!!!!!!!!!! This is fact ??????????????? Yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only ask hard questions !!!!!!!! and demand hard answers ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Cause if you want the truth ?????????????? I'll get you the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thru someone else and then say I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ever knowing anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My index finger is tired from holding down the Shift Button ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I fight thru the pain to deliver on my promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! of nothing but I told you so's !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? and you fkn know it ???????????????? so cause I fkn says so !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Playon
Club Player

st.byron wrote:So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

Or all of them together and there will be a frantic last minute frenzy tomorrow?
Guaranteed a last minute frenzy but perhaps not from us..Who knows

There was some talk that we needed Carlton to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and we'd use one of our next years firsts in to swap for pick 5.
It would benefit gws with their academy picks next year..and apparently they were interested
Looking unlikely...

We should maybe bid on Marchbank to make it happen,

I'm hoping some of our to be delisted players find a new home and happy to call it quits.. But you just never know if we have one more card to play

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

There was some talk that we needed Carlton to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and we'd use one of our next years firsts in to swap for pick 5.
It would benefit gws with their academy picks next year..and apparently they were interested
Looking unlikely...

I'm hoping some of our to be delisted players find a new home and happy to call it quits.. But you just never know if we have one more card to play
So we could :
1. Trade out a player and /or 23/36 in return for a first rounder
2. Trade 23 and 36 together for a first rounder.
3. Trade one of next year's first rounders for a first rounder this year.
4. Do nothing and go to the draft with 23 and 36 and two first rounders next year.

Any other suggestions?

Regarding the JOM / Hawks thing, I see an article on the ABC website quoting the CEO of the Suns absolutely bagging the Hawks.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-19/s ... tion=sport

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lids has officially nominated GWS now. So that may affect our chances of gaining an early pick off GWS.

You would expect that the Tiges will be getting something juicey back whether that be picks and/or players.

Pick 15 seems to be part of it evidently?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 19 Oct 2016 6:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Still no deal on Koby Stevens.
Mongrels and Saints still have not settled the deal.
Saints have 50 which they probably would no use in the draft if they still have 23 and 36.
Take it Mongrels you won't get 36.
Saints there is little point asking for steak knives if you are just going to bin them.
Asking to upgrade 36 to 35 will not be acceptable to the Mongels either.

Trading Stevens and pick 43 for pick 36 isn't going to work for mongrels .
If Mongrels want to trade for 36 then they have to take and include pick 50 because retaining 50 has no value to St Kilda.
They need to upgrade a St Kilda pick like 23 up to 18.

So that deal would be St Kilda get Stevens plus 18(985pts), plus 43(386pts)
Mongrels get 23(815pts) plus 36(502pts) plus 50(273pts)
Values Stevens at 219pts = pick 54.
Why would Mongrels take that deal over pick 50.

Deal or Stevens goes to the pre-season draft.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

So many deals that need to be done, paperwork submitted and corrected before 2PM tomorrow.
Too many clubs playing brinkmanship.
It is going to be frantic.
Some players will just miss out because one club or the other or the players agent is too busy doing other deals.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
fugazi wrote:To be fair, no-one seems to have predicted anything much.
A little heads up that Stevens would choose us over Dons is about it.
We already knew about Steele, and no-one tipped the pick swap, Nathan Brown was general knowledge as a possibility
Correct! And the Stevens info was in all the media outlets when it came on here. ITK are at times a little suss IMHO!
Either they don't know or can't tell....either way not much coming thru for 10 days of trading

Nee!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Still no deal on Koby Stevens.
Mongrels and Saints still have not settled the deal.
Saints have 50 which they probably would no use in the draft if they still have 23 and 36.
Take it Mongrels you won't get 36.
Relalx.

I doubt the Dogs are trying to get 36 and that he delay is just due to all the other higher profile players that are yet to be traded and early draft picks that may be secured. The JOm deal being the main roadblock...or perhaps even opportunity.

ace wrote: Deal or Stevens goes to the pre-season draft.
If no deal the DFA is best for us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ross who?
Club Player

Happy to get Stevens for pick 60 odd and finish there.
Will be a massive win

Blake Acres fan club VIP
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:Happy to get Stevens for pick 60 odd and finish there.
Will be a massive win
We don't have a 60-odd at the moment.
We have at present 23, 36, 50, 86, 104.

Maybe the Dogs will take 50 for Stevens or there will be some kind of swapping around of picks. Whichever way I don't reckon he's a second rounder. Third round would seem right.

loris
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
loris wrote:
We already knew about Steele, and no-one tipped the pick swap, Nathan Brown was general knowledge as a possibility
Correct! And the Stevens info was in all the media outlets when it came on here. ITK are at times a little suss IMHO!
Either they don't know or can't tell....either way not much coming thru for 10 days of trading

Pssst....................... I'M an ITK, looks like we will Rookie Jimmy Bartell & not Sam Fisher, keep it quiet tho' :wink: :wink: :wink:

jaxons
Club Player

Playon wrote:Any chance that Carlton could stuff the Marchbank trade and we make a late play?

No.

jaxons
Club Player

loris wrote:
fugazi wrote:
loris wrote:

Pssst....................... I'M an ITK, looks like we will Rookie Jimmy Bartell & not Sam Fisher, keep it quiet tho' :wink: :wink: :wink:

No chance!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:Hey everybody look at me !!!!!!!!!!!! I use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????????????? marks to accentuate my dribble !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I know nothing !!!!!!!!! I have no intel !!!!!!!!!!! This is fact ??????????????? Yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only ask hard questions !!!!!!!! and demand hard answers ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Cause if you want the truth ?????????????? I'll get you the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thru someone else and then say I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ever knowing anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My index finger is tired from holding down the Shift Button ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I fight thru the pain to deliver on my promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! of nothing but I told you so's !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? and you fkn know it ???????????????? so cause I fkn says so !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your so funny!!!!!

Happy to receive a PM from you and sort it out, in any way you like!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
jaxons
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Will be a massive win

Maybe the Dogs will take 50 for Stevens or there will be some kind of swapping around of picks. Whichever way I don't reckon he's a second rounder. Third round would seem right.

Will be a swap of draft picks essentially.

jaxons
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:

Looking unlikely...

So we could :
1. Trade out a player and /or 23/36 in return for a first rounder
2. Trade 23 and 36 together for a first rounder.
3. Trade one of next year's first rounders for a first rounder this year.
4. Do nothing and go to the draft with 23 and 36 and two first rounders next year.

Any other suggestions?

Regarding the JOM / Hawks thing, I see an article on the ABC website quoting the CEO of the Suns absolutely bagging the Hawks.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-19/s ... tion=sport

2 or 4 the only chances.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Will be a massive win

Will be a swap of draft picks essentially.
Give them 50 and we take 61 from them?

loris
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
loris wrote:
fugazi wrote:
loris wrote:

No chance!

Don't rain on my parade. :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

jaxons
Club Player

stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those special posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????

No big deal this year.