Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

jaxons wrote:
stonecold wrote:So Jaxons, time to really see if you are 'The Real Deal', are you saying, we have no interest in Nat?????

Yes or No????? One of two answers only!!!!!

Don't need to prove myself to you.
Don't need to prove anything. Just keep posting whatever you are able as the info comes and I'm sure it's appreciated by many on here.

supersaints
Club Player

Jaxons really appreciate your info, it looks like being a great draft for the Saints, can't wait until Thursday.

I know Mavs brother would like to play with him at the Saints, but I was told Freo have given him a good offer, that he finds hard to turn down think he would be a good fit teamwise, but I'm sure you already know all of that.

Keep up the good info... Try to ignore the flogs

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Koby Stevens went to the Dogs in 2012 for pick 43 officially.
But 2 players who should have been taken in that draft were taken a year earlier as 17 year olds.
Jaeger O'Meara went to Gold Coast
Brad Crouch went to Adelaide
So realistically Stevens was traded for the 45th pick of the crop.
Stevens wants to leave the Dogs because of where he sees himself in their pecking order.
Stevens is four years older so has 4 less playing years available to another club.
That is why I believe fair value would be no more than pick 50 in this years draft no matter how loudly the Dogs bark.

But we may have to pay overs to get the deal done.
Here are some options
1. Swap of picks 36 (502pts) and 40 (429pts) This trade would value at 73pts = pick 67
2. Pick 50 (273pts) only
3. Pick 50 (273pts) plus swap of picks 36 (502pts) and 40 (429pts). This trade would value at 346 pts = pick 45
4. Swap of picks 23 (815pts) and 40 (429pts). This trade would value at 386pts = pick 43.
5. Pick 36 (502pts) only
6. No deal

I hope we get the deal done soon because instead of holding picks 36(502pts) and 50(273pts) we should try to bump them up into one pick worth 775pts = pick24/25
We probably would have to take a hair cut to do this upgrade but at least somewhere in the late 20s should be possible.

PS While I work this out and type I am getting to hear free, a concert including Shannon Noll from the St Kilda Oktoberfest just across the road from where I live. :D :D :D
Rather than making my head hurt, and because you do seem to do some fine puzzle work, ace, might there be a chance we may stick our beaks into this, as it unfolds?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... s30x0.html

I do sniff some potential, given Stevens & Freo, and we do seem to have come out of trade week 1 on the positive side of the ledger. Spend a little of last week's currency win, perhaps?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote:So Jaxons, time to really see if you are 'The Real Deal', are you saying, we have no interest in Nat?????

Arguably the best player in the league. Every club is interested. The question should be is Fyfe interested in moving.

Stonecold, why dont you tell us all the clubs which are not interested in Fyfe.

Your track record on this site speaks for itself. I think you have emphatically proven whether or not you are ''The Real Deal'.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:

i hope not - no one player should be getting 3 times the amount $$$ of his peers! It will take us back to the hero worshipping years and cause us to loose all the talent around him.
Not to mention young stars being persuaded to leave because there is not enough loot left to go around.
Buddy Franklin & Kurt Tippett
2014 All Australian Nick Malceski leaves Sydney for Gold Coast
2016 Tom Mitchell leaves Sydney for Hawthorn
Lie all they like, there was not enough loot left for these guys to get a pay rise.
In Malceski case after winning All Australian he was offered a pay cut as reward by the club.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Any interest in Ben Lennon?
Can't compose, write lyrics, sing or even play a guitar.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Ned Stark
Club Player

Based on (1) my understanding that GC like Tassie boys (less flight risk), (2) it makes sense to move one of their plethora of first rounders on to next year, (3) they have more picks in the 20s than they need, and (4) they need to get some hardened AFL performers in, not just 12 X 18 year olds, what about this trade:

Saints or Hawks 2017 First + Webster for Pick 6 or 8 plus a pick in the 20s.

I love Jimmy, but we have quite a few back flankers now, so can afford to lose him. You also have to give to get. Definitely in our favour, but it's a win win when you consider how many picks they have now stockpiled.

That would give us 3 X picks under 30 in this draft.

We should then try to trade pick 36 for a pick in next years draft.

What do you think Jaxons?

SuperDuper
Club Player

Ned Stark wrote:Based on (1) my understanding that GC like Tassie boys (less flight risk), (2) it makes sense to move one of their plethora of first rounders on to next year, (3) they have more picks in the 20s than they need, and (4) they need to get some hardened AFL performers in, not just 12 X 18 year olds, what about this trade:

Saints or Hawks 2017 First + Webster for Pick 6 or 8 plus a pick in the 20s.

I love Jimmy, but we have quite a few back flankers now, so can afford to lose him. You also have to give to get. Definitely in our favour, but it's a win win when you consider how many picks they have now stockpiled.

That would give us 3 X picks under 30 in this draft.

We should then try to trade pick 36 for a pick in next years draft.

What do you think Jaxons?
well firstly, Jaxons does not talk about trading St. Kilda players out...
So... Id say it is ``no comment" on Webster and the rest of the deal hinges on that really

ace
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: Rather than making my head hurt, and because you do seem to do some fine puzzle work, ace, might there be a chance we may stick our beaks into this, as it unfolds?

I do sniff some potential, given Stevens & Freo, and we do seem to have come out of trade week 1 on the positive side of the ledger. Spend a little of last week's currency win, perhaps?
We have picks 23 (815pts) + 36(502pts) + 50(273pts) = total 1590 pts and Hawthorns 2017 1st rounder

Stevens is probably worth something in the ball park of 300 points
Hamling was picked up by the Dogs as a delisted free agent (like we did with Roberton)
Hamling played in the Grand final and held an injured Buddy Franklin.
Hamling repays Dogs by saying I want to go home now you have helped resurrect my career.
Hamling value could not be more than 700 points at best but given his history that could be anything less.
Neither player or combination is in the same category as Lachie Weller who is worth maybe 1200 to 1500 points.

Our 2016 picks alone are not enough to get Stevens and prise Weller free.
But Pick 23 may buy both Stevens & Hamling
We then sell Hamling to Freo along with Hawthorn 2017 1st rounder for Weller.
Whether that constitutes value for Freo depends on the value they place on Hamling and Weller.
Lyon needs key defenders - Zac Dawson needs to be replaced for starters.
Throw in pick 50 as incentive.

But I don't think Ross Lyon wants a 2017 pick of unknown value that can only be spent next year.
I see him wanting value this year, which we don't have.

Having given up so much in the way of picks we would have to take 2 end of the draft players onto our senior list just to meet the minimum picks on the day.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
Personally I think he will go for a lot less than 300 points (= pick 48)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Rocket
Club Player

What's next Saints? We still need a gun defender. 1st rounder for Rance maybe ????

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Don't need to prove myself to you.
Are we interested in the best player in the comp, of course.
We have made enquiries with his management about his future movements and indicated we would very much like to be part of the conversation if he ever wanted to leave.
I also know that sometime in 2017 Fyfe will sign a 5 year contract extension with Fremantle.
So let it go Fyfe will never be playing for St.Kilda.
Bookmarked.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote: Rather than making my head hurt, and because you do seem to do some fine puzzle work, ace, might there be a chance we may stick our beaks into this, as it unfolds?

We have picks 23 (815pts) + 36(502pts) + 50(273pts) = total 1590 pts and Hawthorns 2017 1st rounder

Hamling was picked up by the Dogs as a delisted free agent (like we did with Roberton)
Hamling played in the Grand final and held an injured Buddy Franklin.
Hamling repays Dogs by saying I want to go home now you have helped resurrect my career.
Hamling value could not be more than 700 points at best but given his history that could be anything less.
Neither player or combination is in the same category as Lachie Weller who is worth maybe 1200 to 1500 points.

Our 2016 picks alone are not enough to get Stevens and prise Weller free.
But Pick 23 may buy both Stevens & Hamling
We then sell Hamling to Freo along with Hawthorn 2017 1st rounder for Weller.
Whether that constitutes value for Freo depends on the value they place on Hamling and Weller.
Lyon needs key defenders - Zac Dawson needs to be replaced for starters.
Throw in pick 50 as incentive.

But I don't think Ross Lyon wants a 2017 pick of unknown value that can only be spent next year.
I see him wanting value this year, which we don't have.

Having given up so much in the way of picks we would have to take 2 end of the draft players onto our senior list just to meet the minimum picks on the day.
What, 4 days of trading left? What if we involved another club, say a club with a fair old number of picks (even "too many", in context), but also in need of a immediate lift in inventory quality.....?

And, if we are willing to entertain moving a player, or two, players who might address some of those immediate needs considered above, throw Freo into the same basket (as per your thinking on Lyon's unwillingness to hang about for next year's draft, off a deal done this year), and if Ameet & Co have got access to a supercomputer, it might just get interesting in the next 4 days.

I do think the work done last week, i.e. finishing on the positive side of the ledger, does provide scope to exploit this week. If they finished now, consensus has it we're a winner, so there's no pressing need to go further.

I just have a feeling we'll deal this week (beyond what is in the pipeline, i.e. Stevens).

When the sun shines on your crop, you can make hay.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What has Lachie Weller done to warrant all this love? There are a lot of players out there I would want in front of him. Unfortunately most of them are with GWS.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:What has Lachie Weller done to warrant all this love? There are a lot of players out there I would want in front of him. Unfortunately most of them are with GWS.
Dont worry everyone is carrying on they are overnight trade millionaires, Im sure Ameet will settle things down starting Monday.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 16 Oct 2016 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:What has Lachie Weller done to warrant all this love? There are a lot of players out there I would want in front of him. Unfortunately most of them are with GWS.
The Saints ladies want him.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Are we going after Mitch Brown?

A chance to reunite families?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Playon
Club Player

Saints sign restricted free agent, Nathan Brown
St Kilda Football Club is pleased to confirm restricted free agent Nathan Brown will join the Saints after Collingwood Football Club has elected not to match an offer the club made today

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-10-1 ... than-brown

Email from the club

Vazelos
Club Player

Fyfe won't leave Fremantle. They are signing players to ensure a strong climb up the ladder.

Playon
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Playon wrote:Moorabbin Ghost

I'll follow stavro#4 lead and second everything he said. There's some really good people in here but the minority have wrecked it unfortunately. Some say if we put information out there that doesn't come true we deserve a whack, and that's fair enough. The issue is when campaigners get arrogant or nasty like a couple did a week or so back. I don't deserve to put up with that crap. If you don't believe me or don't like me that's fine, just ignore what I have to say.

Things getting very interesting for Saints now, the O'Meara deal holding up our Steele deal. We will go one of two very different ways here...
A well loved player is a chance to go...
Don't get too attached to Pick 10.
We will come out of this trade period very, very nicel

More for the puzzle

More crap, more likely. 8-) 1
Do you think so?

Playon
Club Player

Wonder where our well loved cult figure in Eli ends up?

Carlton? Brisbane?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Playon wrote:Moorabbin Ghost

I'll follow stavro#4 lead and second everything he said. There's some really good people in here but the minority have wrecked it unfortunately. Some say if we put information out there that doesn't come true we deserve a whack, and that's fair enough. The issue is when campaigners get arrogant or nasty like a couple did a week or so back. I don't deserve to put up with that crap. If you don't believe me or don't like me that's fine, just ignore what I have to say.

Things getting very interesting for Saints now, the O'Meara deal holding up our Steele deal. We will go one of two very different ways here...
A well loved player is a chance to go...
Don't get too attached to Pick 10.
We will come out of this trade period very, very nicel

More for the puzzle

More crap, more likely. 8-) 1
Do you think so?
Yes. No way the O'Meara deal was holding up our deal on Steele and I said it was crap. It was.

Pick 10 was always on the cards to be traded.

Any fool could see that.

Fisher has always been a chance to go.

From the main list anyway.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 16 Oct 2016 3:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ross who?
Club Player

Playon wrote:Wonder where our well loved cult figure in Eli ends up?

Carlton? Brisbane?
Brisbane were interested in Eli and Lee a month or so ago. Blues like Eli too. Stavro on BF said he expects Eli to be traded this week and Lee prob delisted with Fish and Murdoch. Panther Shenton should get another year after not being able to crack into Saints forward line this year, even though he deserved it

Blake Acres fan club VIP
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ross who? wrote:

Carlton? Brisbane?
Brisbane were interested in Eli and Lee a month or so ago. Blues like Eli too. Stavro on BF said he expects Eli to be traded this week and Lee prob delisted with Fish and Murdoch. Panther Shenton should get another year after not being able to crack into Saints forward line this year, even though he deserved it
I think Richo praised Lee in his post-season review.
Injuries have stalled his development; a lot of posters thought Lee was gone, but maybe there's a spot for him somewhere.
Although, with Nathan Brown coming in, I guess Lee will have to be cut now. Lee did kick 6 goals in that VFL final, but I don't see where he would fit in the forward line,
and Saints need to lose 3 players- I think.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:

Carlton? Brisbane?

My info is that there is interest in Eli but Saints hope to keep him.

However that was before we signed Steele and Stevens became a likely signing.

The deal would have to be worth it though.

A pick lower than 50 or no deal.

Anyway Ameet has stated that the Saints aren't looking to trade anyone out.