Channel 7 The Final Draw on now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asaint
Club Player

Re: Channel 7 The Final Draw on now

Broke my heart all over again. Reminded me of all the reasons I loathe everything C'wood....and also how much I loved and admired the great group of players that were with us through that era.

asaint
Club Player

Was interesting to hear Cwood knew they were better off physically...hmmmm, I bet they did.

lewdogs
Club Player

One thing I don't get... if the players were all spent and hurt, why didn't we bring in replacements? Armo, Steven, Stanley, Geary, all on the list at the time. So frustratingly stupid but basically the coach was stuck in the dark ages along with the club and its facilities.

Heartbreaking viewing btw. I hope and pray we can get back there with Roo.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Awake early thought I'd get a coffee and watch the marathon. What's on, closing minutes of 09, followed by filth draw, I hate my life

Bring back the Lockett era
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Yeah Nettlefold wrapped up in his tan/designer jeans..

I thought that was arrogant and dumb - basically suggesting that he would learn nothing from the drubbing we received
Would it have made the difference?
Probably not but but with hindsight based on the result you would do that differently surely...
Taped it and just watched it today while I'm home sick this week.

I found his comments incredible. Eddie always has a sense of history and he knew straight away the mistakes they made back in 77 when handling the drawn GF. He INSISTED that the players get together and the function go ahead at CROWN. He argued ferociously for this to happen it appears. Nothing wrong with Nettlefold admitting in hindsight that we got it wrong. Who knows if it would have made a scerrick of difference, but it might have.

I was blown away at our facilities. I had no idea how archaic they were. I got down to training infrequently and never went inside. It reminded me very much of my old club, Fitzroy. How wonderful would it have been to win a flag in these circumstances? It makes you even prouder of the efforts of the players when you realise the huge gaps in resources both clubs had/have.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Fitzroy my old club too Moods
We just love success huh ???

“Yeah….nah””
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Fitzroy my old club too Moods
We just love success huh ???
That's what my mates always say.7 :D

Saints suited me perfectly. No way I could have supported a big club, I wanted to be part of something special and support a struggling club like the one that had gone under.