Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

As far as I'm concerned keep it coming.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

No stress. He's a spud anyway.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Playon
Club Player

GWS defender Caleb Marchbank has nominated Carlton as his preferred club to be traded to

PRIZED Greater Western Sydney defender Caleb Marchbank has nominated Carlton as his preferred destination.

The Blues have beaten Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda in the race for Marchbank, subject to a trade being completed.

Marchbank met with all four clubs recently, but the Blues, whose list manager Stephen Silvagni knows the 19-year-old well, were always the frontrunner.

GWS will want Carlton’s first choice — No. 5 — as part of the deal, but any deal is likely to see GWS giving a player or a pick back to the Blues.

Marchbank had shoulder surgery late in the season and only recently told the Giants he was leaving and coming home to Victoria.

Marchbank was heavily courted because of the relative lack of key defenders in the market place. The upcoming draft is replete with midfielders, but there are very few key position prospects.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gws-def ... 5779a30e61

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

jaxons wrote:I'm sorry and feel like the grinch who stole christmas.
All I can say is my information at the time of posting was accurate, but late scrambles by Essendon have seen a change of mind.
It happens and I'm sorry for posting this yesterday and jumping the gun in what has proved to be an early crow.
I will be a lot more conservative in what I post on here from now on.

Don't worry about the loud minority slinging mud.

Most know these are constantly changing situations and appreciate the insights regardless of what ends up occuring.

The bombers zombies seem to think jayden resigned on the original offer they tabled... I find that very hard to believe?

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Still loving Jaxs stuff - as someone else said its just great to see the clubs focus

“Yeah….nah””
jaxons
Club Player

Playon wrote:GWS defender Caleb Marchbank has nominated Carlton as his preferred club to be traded to

PRIZED Greater Western Sydney defender Caleb Marchbank has nominated Carlton as his preferred destination.

The Blues have beaten Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda in the race for Marchbank, subject to a trade being completed.

Marchbank met with all four clubs recently, but the Blues, whose list manager Stephen Silvagni knows the 19-year-old well, were always the frontrunner.

GWS will want Carlton’s first choice — No. 5 — as part of the deal, but any deal is likely to see GWS giving a player or a pick back to the Blues.

Marchbank had shoulder surgery late in the season and only recently told the Giants he was leaving and coming home to Victoria.

Marchbank was heavily courted because of the relative lack of key defenders in the market place. The upcoming draft is replete with midfielders, but there are very few key position prospects.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gws-def ... 5779a30e61
At least I got one right!

Playon
Club Player

jaxons wrote: At least I got one right!
Don't let it bother you jax, Had the feeling this might happen anyway. Connors involved.

AND you have a better strike rate than that. Time to move on and get ready for the next one :)

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I've got to admit, I was more concerned about how complicated trading with Essendon would be. Kind of relieved we don't have to.

Playon
Club Player

With Brizzy interested in Eli and Lee, Would there be anyway we could snare Rockliff. We still have 10

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I wonder if there is another player from GWS is play? Steele & ?? Hayes? Tomlinson?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Any other updates on key position defenders at all Jaxons?

damienc
Club Player

The only really deplorable aspect to this is that he was never really coming to us in the first place.

Before someone jumps down my throat, Jaxons was spot on with his early intelligence. I have no doubt. But in the fickle world of trading and offers it can change in a heartbeat.

I also have no doubt his Manager told St Kilda he was going to move but like all player Manager's he was full of it. Laverde was never leaving the Bombers.

It was a ploy to put pressure on Essendon to match whatever we offered him. It worked. Bugger.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

damienc wrote:The only really deplorable aspect to this is that he was never really coming to us in the first place.

Before someone jumps down my throat, Jaxons was spot on with his early intelligence. I have no doubt. But in the fickle world of trading and offers it can change in a heartbeat.

I also have no doubt his Manager told St Kilda he was going to move but like all player Manager's he was full of it. Laverde was never leaving the Bombers.

It was a ploy to put pressure on Essendon to match whatever we offered him. It worked. Bugger.
I really don't mind forcing Essendon to pay overs for their own player though.

damienc
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
damienc wrote:The only really deplorable aspect to this is that he was never really coming to us in the first place.

I really don't mind forcing Essendon to pay overs for their own player though.

Good point. That makes me feel a little better.

Saint wagga
Club Player

I'm glad we didn't get him! we have plenty of young fringe mids who might come through to be very good players and they're already here!! Prefer we save the recruiting for established guns, otherwise stick to the draft imo

lefty
Club Player

Just give Longer to Hawks, Hill to Freo, Weller to Saints. Seems fair to me.
Hawks need a 2nd ruck, Hill wants to go to Freo, and we need a Midfielder.

I also hope Eli stays with us btw

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Just dropped in to say that ITK's do their best and the info given is current state.

Things change and they shouldn't be hung.

Makes all forums more interesting.

BTW, what Jaxons said was confirmed by others who have runs on the board. Essendon obviously ponied up.

You are garbage - Enough said
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

You never really know where you are when dealing with Connors, prepared to do anything to get his players the best deal.

Nee!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

lefty wrote:Just give Longer to Hawks, Hill to Freo, Weller to Saints. Seems fair to me.
Hawks need a 2nd ruck, Hill wants to go to Freo, and we need a Midfielder.

I also hope Eli stays with us btw
Yeah, I was thinking about that with Eli too... I could see him going to another level with a big pre-season. Would hate for him to have that pre-season elsewhere and then watch him rack up 25 touches every week in another jumper.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:
Don't let it bother you jax, Had the feeling this might happen anyway. Connors involved.

AND you have a better strike rate than that. Time to move on and get ready for the next one :)

Don't stress Jax, I'll more than likely get the blame anyway ;-)

What do you know about a 'Bigger Name Player', we are dealing with at the moment, your office is bigger than mine, so if expect you to know!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
shrodes
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:What do you know about a 'Bigger Name Player', we are dealing with at the moment, your office is bigger than mine, so if expect you to know!!!!!
Fyfe to Saints confirmed!

stonecold
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote:
stonecold wrote:What do you know about a 'Bigger Name Player', we are dealing with at the moment, your office is bigger than mine, so if expect you to know!!!!!
Fyfe to Saints confirmed!
You said that, not me, no more 'names from me', keeping my exclusives to my self now, just testing to see if Jax really knows his stuff!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
jaxons
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Playon wrote:

Don't stress Jax, I'll more than likely get the blame anyway ;-)

What do you know about a 'Bigger Name Player', we are dealing with at the moment, your office is bigger than mine, so if expect you to know!!!!!
You are on the money Stoner!
Definitely something big brewing but as I have said the goalposts are constantly moving.
Look no further than the last 48 hours!

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more. Talk about a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma!

felix
Club Player

Stonecold on the money once again .if any one is ITK its the Stonecold guy. :lol: