Laverde to nominate Saints -Mounting rumours (nowJaxons too)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Laverde to nominate Saints -Mounting rumours (nowJaxons too)

Tide seems to have turned Weds Evening. All of a sudden Bombers fans and Bomber ITKs have switched en-masse from Laverde having re-signed, or about to re-sign, to has walked out and will nominate the Saints.

Edit: Also now on Thursday Morning.
jaxons wrote:Laverde has chosen Saints.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 15 Sep 2016 11:08am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SuperDuper
Club Player

Re: Laverde to nominate Saints - Mounting rumours

saintsRrising wrote:Tide seems to have turned Weds Evening. All of a sudden Bombers fans and Bomber ITKs have switched en-masse from Laverde having re-signed, or about to re-sign, to has walked out and will nominate the Saints.
would be huge IMO

what would he cost though?

10+46 for 19 and Laverde?

19 for ``man of' Steele?

Would leave us next years second plus anything else we get from trading someone out... in case we get a crack at Marchbank

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

If so how does he get there

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SuperDuper
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:If so how does he get there
drives down the Nepean Hwy is my guess

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
Not that easy. Plenty of road blocks

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Not that easy. Plenty of road blocks
Chopper him in. Or Metro train.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Just get Carlisle to pick him up on the way through

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I'd love Laverde but Bombers supporters are on a trollfest so I think you are going early with this one. Having said that, was told it was likely to happen 3 weeks ago but I don't believe anything until it comes from the horses (or managers) mouth.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Tide seems to have turned Weds Evening. All of a sudden Bombers fans and Bomber ITKs have switched en-masse from Laverde having re-signed, or about to re-sign, to has walked out and will nominate the Saints.
Maybe they got their resign posts confused with their re-sign? :lol:

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Andddd.... the club finds itself negotiating with those twats again... Urgh... Gees I loathe the Essendon Footy Club.

Rosco
Club Player

It's better than them taking one of our kids

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Delisted FA /PSD or nothing. Got no interest in going 2 weeks negotiating with these jerks.

Bombers will want Pick 10 for a guy who has shown very little.....12 disposals a game over 22 games, they can get stuffed.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

From what I've seen he's got some toe which I think Richo would love for his pressure game. His kicking looks ok - can kick long. Pick 20 eh. He would fit Richo's pressure over skill direction he is going since the Pelican left.

I feel we really need an elite ball using midfielder. Of all our mids, only Gresham is showing signs of being capable of top delivery. We need another - can't be one dimensional relying on one player with great delivery the way we did Dal.

And he's only been there two years and now he's cutting and running - what does that say about him?. Does he hate what Essendon did to the players - understandable I guess. Is he looking for a big paycheck. Has he had a falling out with a coach - only played 9 games in his second year when they were desperate for players. Maybe his tank is a worry to play as a mid.

I don't have a good feeling about him but I think he would fit Richo's system pretty well. Just worries me what we give up to get him in draft picks. We could end up with very little in what they say is a strong draft.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Delisted FA /PSD or nothing.
You do not attract good players to your club by saying to them that we really want you, but you have to go into the PSD where maybe we get you and maybe we don't and where the Lions or Blues will probably grab you if thy can.

Delisted FA? No chance. The Dons would not give us such a free pass.
Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:From what I've seen he's got some toe which I think Richo would love for his pressure game. His kicking looks ok - can kick long. Pick 20 eh. He would fit Richo's pressure over skill direction he is going since the Pelican left.

I feel we really need an elite ball using midfielder. Of all our mids, only Gresham is showing signs of being capable of top delivery. We need another - can't be one dimensional relying on one player with great delivery the way we did Dal.

And he's only been there two years and now he's cutting and running - what does that say about him?. Does he hate what Essendon did to the players - understandable I guess. Is he looking for a big paycheck. Has he had a falling out with a coach - only played 9 games in his second year when they were desperate for players. Maybe his tank is a worry to play as a mid.

I don't have a good feeling about him but I think he would fit Richo's system pretty well. Just worries me what we give up to get him in draft picks. We could end up with very little in what they say is a strong draft.
He will be a gun, can play just about anywhere. As for leaving after 2 years, something must really stink st Essendon, laverde is from Essendon heartland and grew up a bomber supporter, it must be more than money to make him cut and run

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dour defensive player only suited to a pressure gamestyle? Just reading his various draft/player profiles that does not seem to describe him at all. Indeed just the opposite and if he can live up to his draft profiles you can see why our recruiters would want to add him to our mix.

“This year I’ve liked to watch Nathan Fyfe, just trying to play like him and play though the midfield and take a big grab,” he said.

“It’s something I model my game on.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-10/1 ... en-laverde

In his ability to play all over the ground and as a big and strong midfielder, Laverde has some similarities with Brendon Goddard. Laverde has more natural speed than Goddard, but they both have great versatility and flexibility.

For a start, Laverde is versatile. He can be used in almost any role given his size (189cm, 82kg) and athleticism.

At times through the season he was played off half-back, on the wing, as a half-forward or true midfielder, but Laverde's strength is being able to do all of that within a single game.

Being a big-bodied midfielder seems to be his go at the next level given he has the pace, agility and strength around the ball and the breakaway qualities to find space.

Around the ground Laverde has shown his ability to cut off the play from half-back and he reads the play well to take overhead, intercept marks and then get moving.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/spor ... fe7077aa39

JAYDEN Laverde isn’t the leading player in this year’s draft pool, but he could be the best in 10 years’ time.

The tall utility from the Western Jets boasts enormous X-Factor and will have his name read out in the first round on Thursday night after his stocks soared on the back of an irresistible AFL Under-18 National Championships.

Laverde was named in the All-Australian team after eye-catching displays for Vic Metro against Vic Country and South Australia.

Powerful, quick and with excellent lateral movement, Laverde has some genuine game-turning traits to his game. He kicked 15 goals from 10 games for the Jets, showing his attacking mindset.

http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/201 ... n-laverde/

Laverde has x-factor written all over him. He has great acceleration, pace to burn, a nifty sidestep, a fantastic vertical leap and he loves to use it all. The only problem is that he can try to do too much at times, but it can break open the game when it does come off. Laverde does the flashy things well. He takes the big marks and kicks the impossible goals.

Laverde is one of those players that fans will love to watch. He won’t dominate from round 1, 2015, but he should develop into one of the pieces in the puzzle that teams need to be successful because he provides the x-factor and skill that all the good teams have.

Wombat15
Club Player

I really hope we arent going to waste pick 10 on Jayden Laverde or Pick 19 on Jack Steele.
Laverede hasnt lived up to the hype, played 18 games and has been okay in his 2 seasons. Not worth pick 10. a second rounder yes. Jack Steele recently broke his foot and have had mix reports over the severity. Hes barely been able to get into their best 22, and was originally a second rounder also and id say thats where his value is still at.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Laverde has chosen Saints.

damienc
Club Player

Wombat15 wrote:I really hope we arent going to waste pick 10 on Jayden Laverde or Pick 19 on Jack Steele.
Laverede hasnt lived up to the hype, played 18 games and has been okay in his 2 seasons. Not worth pick 10. a second rounder yes. Jack Steele recently broke his foot and have had mix reports over the severity. Hes barely been able to get into their best 22, and was originally a second rounder also and id say thats where his value is still at.

I think there is no chance of us using pick 10 on a player selected in his draft year at pick 20. It would make no sense.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Bluthy wrote:From what I've seen he's got some toe which I think Richo would love for his pressure game. His kicking looks ok - can kick long. Pick 20 eh. He would fit Richo's pressure over skill direction he is going since the Pelican left.

He will be a gun, can play just about anywhere. As for leaving after 2 years, something must really stink st Essendon, laverde is from Essendon heartland and grew up a bomber supporter, it must be more than money to make him cut and run
I know we are in the new paradigm but 2 years! The club has taken a chance on him at the draft and then he wants to go and the club has to scramble to get whatever they can - how would we feel if Acres or Dunstan did that. There is no go home factor here - in fact seems the opposite if he's lived in Essendon.

Maybe there is something going on there - maybe he's not happy to see Parish leap frog him in his first year. Maybe he's FIGJAM and thought he should have played more last year or weren't happy with some brutal advice the coaches have said about defects in his game. But maybe it comes down to we've thrown incredible fat stacks in front of him and he can set himself up for life. How would Acres and Dunstan feel if he came in on half a mill a year? I think there are some risks there that I don't know are justified from what (very limited) I've seen of him

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
He would fit Richo's pressure over skill direction he is going since the Pelican left.

Bluthy you wouldn't be 'The Pelican', by any chance?? Possibly feeling a trifle jilted??

You came onto this site (or the moniker Bluthy did) around Pelchan's time during the Watters era (can't recall a Bluthy posting in Lyons time).

You continually pump up Pelchan's tyres and pot at Richardson practically every post you deliver.

Maybe it's time to move on from your man-crush on Pelicans :wink: :wink:

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Dour defensive player only suited to a pressure gamestyle? Just reading his various draft/player profiles that does not seem to describe him at all. Indeed just the opposite and if he can live up to his draft profiles you can see why our recruiters would want to add him to our mix.

“This year I’ve liked to watch Nathan Fyfe, just trying to play like him and play though the midfield and take a big grab,” he said.

“It’s something I model my game on.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-10/1 ... en-laverde

In his ability to play all over the ground and as a big and strong midfielder, Laverde has some similarities with Brendon Goddard. Laverde has more natural speed than Goddard, but they both have great versatility and flexibility.

For a start, Laverde is versatile. He can be used in almost any role given his size (189cm, 82kg) and athleticism.

At times through the season he was played off half-back, on the wing, as a half-forward or true midfielder, but Laverde's strength is being able to do all of that within a single game.

Being a big-bodied midfielder seems to be his go at the next level given he has the pace, agility and strength around the ball and the breakaway qualities to find space.

Around the ground Laverde has shown his ability to cut off the play from half-back and he reads the play well to take overhead, intercept marks and then get moving.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/spor ... fe7077aa39

JAYDEN Laverde isn’t the leading player in this year’s draft pool, but he could be the best in 10 years’ time.

The tall utility from the Western Jets boasts enormous X-Factor and will have his name read out in the first round on Thursday night after his stocks soared on the back of an irresistible AFL Under-18 National Championships.

Laverde was named in the All-Australian team after eye-catching displays for Vic Metro against Vic Country and South Australia.

Powerful, quick and with excellent lateral movement, Laverde has some genuine game-turning traits to his game. He kicked 15 goals from 10 games for the Jets, showing his attacking mindset.

http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/201 ... n-laverde/

Laverde has x-factor written all over him. He has great acceleration, pace to burn, a nifty sidestep, a fantastic vertical leap and he loves to use it all. The only problem is that he can try to do too much at times, but it can break open the game when it does come off. Laverde does the flashy things well. He takes the big marks and kicks the impossible goals.

Laverde is one of those players that fans will love to watch. He won’t dominate from round 1, 2015, but he should develop into one of the pieces in the puzzle that teams need to be successful because he provides the x-factor and skill that all the good teams have.
Didn't say he was dour - I'm just not seeing the elite delivery I think we should focusing on with players now. WE have good depth but need real class.

These write-ups are always crazy positive - its what fans want to read in the draft build up. "Jack Frop is a GOP who will probably only have an AFL career of a few years before being delisted" is not want anyone wants to read. When I see "utility" I break out into a cold sweat. "Versatile utitlity player" often means they don't have the stand out weapon to make it at AFL level.

Do people envision him being one of our onballers? What will be his weapon - doesn't seem particularly inside, has some good outside run but I haven't seen great disposal. Seems a bit Newnesy to me - bit of a jack of all trades (forgive the pun). I'd rather take the chance on a second rounder at the draft targetting a really good kicker where we might pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
He would fit Richo's pressure over skill direction he is going since the Pelican left.

Bluthy you wouldn't be 'The Pelican', by any chance?? Possibly feeling a trifle jilted??

You came onto this site (or the moniker Bluthy did) around Pelchan's time during the Watters era (can't recall a Bluthy posting in Lyons time).

You continually pump up Pelchan's tyres and pot at Richardson practically every post you deliver.

Its my conspiracy narrative I'm building Loris about Richo forcing Pelican out the door (also involves the Illuminati but I can't say too much about them as they are listening to me through the radio receivers in my tooth fillings) :shock:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Laverde to nominate Saints -Mounting rumours (nowJaxons

This is my new philosophy:
I accept our shortcomings and choose to be blissfully happy, regardless. Besides, if I stir the boat (which we're all on), I'll just get seasick and make others seasick.
Que sera sera, from now on. Must go with the flow.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
loris wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

Its my conspiracy narrative I'm building Loris about Richo forcing Pelican out the door (also involves the Illuminati but I can't say too much about them as they are listening to me through the radio receivers in my tooth fillings) :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Also noted the Josh Gibson look alike in a cameo performance in your chosen video clip. You sure slip the hints in Bluths, highlighting another Pelican inspired choice for the Hawks.

PS............ might be a good idea to get the amalgam out of your toothy pegs to negate those radio signals. I know of a good dentist, he goes by the name of Dr Alan Aylett. However, your Gibson steal might annoy him as he did have an affection for Kangaroos.