Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

SainterK wrote:I keep hearing Jack Roo...

Scratch my head at that one though, makes no sense.
crazy giben where we are at.
if that's the case they thinkwe are in premiership zone .....were 3 years off it.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

if that's the case they thinkwe are in premiership zone .....were 3 years off it.
Agree

Unless it's to take pressure of Paddy?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Agree

Unless it's to take pressure of Paddy?
still seems odd given hes got Roo, Members and Bruce....
midfield desperately needs and injection over jack...

“Yeah….nah””
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

St Ick wrote: Daniel is a soft as butter seagull, I hate watching him shirk contest after contest then people sing his praises because he can spot a target when he is in space.....

.....Steele could be our best mid in a couple of years.
Marchbank is worth the risk, risk due to injury history. Imagine Marchbank as 3rd tall, Hugh as FB and Jake as CHB... salivates...
On Caleb Daniel, I could not disagree with you more. I also watch him, gets a lot of contested poss as well. Of his 33 poss v WCE, 13 were contested.
In and under type, never seen him avoid a contest. 2nd in the Rising Star. I was one of the people on here who wanted the Saints to draft him.

Agree on Steele and Marchbank. If the Saints give up DP 10 for those 2 - I would want DP 32 or 33 coming back

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Zero chance J. Riewoldt will be wearing RW&B I reckon.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

if that's the case they think we are in premiership zone .....were 3 years off it.
there's no way our management would fall for that furphy
... three years away WITH Lady Luck on both shoulders ,
'n they well know it ... imo

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Thankfully.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Ok so say we ended up with Jack Reiwoldt and Jack Steele from the trade period.
Jack Reiwoldt is 28 and seems to be thoroughly over Richmond. He could play 4 more years of footy.
Bruce could go to fullback and be our swingman if necessary.
Carlisle to CHB. Steele adds depth to midfield, maybe Freeman develops and plays next year....then we get a free agency pick in2017 ...Fyfe? And then go for a premiership.

Nee!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pipe dream = Fyfe

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Jack Reiwoldt is a very, very good player.

He's been poorly used at Richmond, and also playing in a team that makes being a forward nigh on impossible.

Having Reiwoldt deep would be a massive coup for any club.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

MCG-Unit wrote:
St Ick wrote: Daniel is a soft as butter seagull, I hate watching him shirk contest after contest then people sing his praises because he can spot a target when he is in space.....

.....Steele could be our best mid in a couple of years.
Marchbank is worth the risk, risk due to injury history. Imagine Marchbank as 3rd tall, Hugh as FB and Jake as CHB... salivates...
On Caleb Daniel, I could not disagree with you more. I also watch him, gets a lot of contested poss as well. Of his 33 poss v WCE, 13 were contested.
In and under type, never seen him avoid a contest. 2nd in the Rising Star. I was one of the people on here who wanted the Saints to draft him.

Agree on Steele and Marchbank. If the Saints give up DP 10 for those 2 - I would want DP 32 or 33 coming back
Fair enough, I still think he is a seagull. I was moving furniture and actually missed Thursdays game but times when I saw him in the season he definitely shirked contests. Couldn't believe it when he came second in rising star in front of guys like Parish. Will fall away over a career similar to how Taylor is going and just be a gop. I didn't mind us risking 41 on him too but still happy we got Lonie - despite his underwhelming second year.

Its a big call asking for a pick in the 30s back from GWS, I guess you could view the Jaksch and Whiley trade as the precedent but I think Marchy and Steele are rated a LOT higher than those two by GWS.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Daniel is definitely a seagull, tackles don't stick, and when under pressure panics a little. For mine I'm glad we don't have him over Lonie.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
#gosaintas
Club Player

Daniel is calm and clean under pressure and is a gun. He's so much better than Lonie...not even a contest. If Lonie doesn't start sticking his tackles he won't be on the list for long anyway.

lewdogs
Club Player

Daniel was a weird one. Completely dominated the under 18s and always looked a cut above. It's no surprise at all to see him doing this at senior level. Dogs must have been counting their lucky stars to land him at 46 or whatever it was. Our recruiters haven't missed many recently but that is one.

Having said that I still think Lonie has massive potential. He is very skillful and still young. We've seen what he's capable of but he needs to become more consistent.

markp
Saintsational Legend

If we're 3 years away then Jack will be 30/31... I'm sure it's seriously unlikely, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The marketing potential alone... not to mention the dream of it helping see Nick get one more shot in 2018.

Saint_J
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:Daniel is definitely a seagull, tackles don't stick, and when under pressure panics a little. For mine I'm glad we don't have him over Lonie.
:lol: take you rose glasses off and open your eyes! Daniel is a much better pick than Lonie at this point. I'm also one of the hindsight harry's that wished we took him. He has had a stand out year and a key part of the doggies team. has he played VFL this year?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He's been a good pick up and he's doing better than Lonie at this stage no doubt. It will be good to see how Daniel goes this week as the Hawks will put some work in him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
minneapolis
Club Player

St Ick wrote:

I think it is not a big call. GWS have so many high draft picks that they are not interested in any pick over 30. Peanuts to them.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

gee people not rating daniel? i'd take him over any of our draft picks in the last five years bar maybe paddy (too early to call).
the kid is a beaut. hopefully a few of ours will overtake him in time, but at this moment he's well ahead.
Acres, Billing, Dunstan, McCartin, and Gresham the only possibilities. If all do we're a contender.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:gee people not rating daniel? i'd take him over any of our draft picks in the last five years bar maybe paddy (too early to call).
the kid is a beaut. hopefully a few of ours will overtake him in time, but at this moment he's well ahead.
Acres, Billing, Dunstan, McCartin, and Gresham the only possibilities. If all do we're a contender.
You'd take Daniel over Gresham?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Daniel is calm and clean under pressure and is a gun. He's so much better than Lonie...not even a contest. If Lonie doesn't start sticking his tackles he won't be on the list for long anyway.
Totally agree - I was biaised against Daniels because of his size but he is a ripper. I remember Trout liking Daniels wonder what happened, but he and Lonie are miriads apart.

It wouldnt surprise me to see Lonie traded this year, he is not quick, nor good enough for midfield rotations and teams cant afford to carry (non elite) small forwards who dont rotate through the middle.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
desertsaint wrote:gee people not rating daniel? i'd take him over any of our draft picks in the last five years bar maybe paddy (too early to call).
was fifty fifty but the guy just dominated an interstate final. at the moment yes.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Finals not counted... Daniels has had a much better year. You just have to look at the numbers

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Getting HIGH in Chamonix.
Hey Rising, by all means get as high as you can, but stay out of that pulse gondola across the Vallee Blanche between the Aiguille Du Midi and Pointe Helbronner.
It is more likely to break down than Nathan Freeman's hammy.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
was fifty fifty but the guy just dominated an interstate final. at the moment yes.
It's only Gresham's first year so you need to compare their first years. Lonie now way behind which is obvious.