Our Picks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our Picks

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Absolute joke that GWS are still queue jumping. They finish 4th and already have one pick ahead of us. Chances are they will end up with two ahead of us.
Just an out and out joke.
Why do they have a pick ahead of us?
Well for example if there is an Academy kid nominated at say pick 7, 8 or 9 - then GWS can jump in ahead of us and use points from later picks.
That's just wrong.
No it isnt. If Setterfield gets nominated by another club (or by us) at or before our pick - then GWS can get him under the points system and get a discount. How am I wrong? Please explain. Is Callum Twomey also wrong when he says this:
GWS will get first call on Setterfield under the rules for its academy players.
So we dont understand the rules but you do? How do you think GWS got Hopper last year with pick 7 after finishing 12th?
How do you think the Swans got Mills with pick 3 after finishing 4th?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AFL_draft

You and Kosi clearly both dont understand the rules. I am 100% correct. Maybe give Callum a call and explain the rules to him as well seeing you guys seem to understand them better than him in your own mind.

I wont expect an apology from you blokes though. You just love dishing it out even when you are blatantly wrong.

The point stands - GWS can finish top 4 and still get a pick ahead of us. This is just an indisputable fact yet you still somehow want to argue the toss on it.

Are you a mod? Suspend yourself for vexatious baiting. Having an echo buddy doesnt make you right it just makes you both a bully and still wrong. Real s*** blokism to try and jump in with Kosi and 'gang up' even when you are both so clearly wrong on such a simple fact.
Con, easy tiger.

I meant the way the system is set up is wrong, not that your post is wrong.

The system is totally set-up to favour the Sydney clubs.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:
By the way, they do not "already have one pick ahead of us" which is why I asked the question.
Technically they do :P they have collingwoods pick.

Plus they won't use that pick on an acadamy player knowing they can squeeze a second top10 picks by using it on someone else and then using points from geelongs first rounder which they also have on any nominated acadamy player

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
By the way, they do not "already have one pick ahead of us" which is why I asked the question.
OK. I didn't know that. Con's answer didn't mention it. But that is what I was trying to find out.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Griggsy
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:
Griggsy wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
OK. I didn't know that. Con's answer didn't mention it. But that is what I was trying to find out.
Yeh I know, just makin fun. It's not really relevant anyway considering thats one pick they got legitimately from collingwoods stupidity.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please explain to me and list the actual advantages the nsw sides have over the Victorian sides ?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Can someone please explain to me and list the actual advantages the nsw sides have over the Victorian sides ?
I would help but I'm told I don't understand the rules.

You need someone who is 100% right on this topic.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

People dont seem to understand the absolute basics of the draft.
Last year we had pick 14 but Gresham was the 18th player selected.
Hipwood (Lions 2nd pick), Hopper (GWS), Mills (Swans) and Kennedy (GWS) all shoe-horned in ahead of us.

Saint_J
Club Player

I hope Lions get PP pick 1 as I can't stand the idea that the bombers get it!

footynut
Club Player

Must keep pick 10 to draft Scrimshaw. He will be a star

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Can someone please explain to me and list the actual advantages the nsw sides have over the Victorian sides ?
I think the essential benefit is that the academy system and points system means that that they can still get access to top end draft talent regardless of their ladder finish position.

The draft was meant to equalise teams by ensuring that the lower finishing teams gained the better talent. The academy system allows the Swans and GWS to push into the draft queue.

That the Swans have been bale to still gain Heeney and Mills while finishing high is a big advantage to them IMO.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
I think the essential benefit is that the academy system and points system means that that they can still get access to top end draft talent regardless of their ladder finish position.

The draft was meant to equalise teams by ensuring that the lower finishing teams gained the better talent. The academy system allows the Swans and GWS to push into the draft queue.

That the Swans have been bale to still gain Heeney and Mills while finishing high is a big advantage to them IMO.
why don't the other clubs rise up against this ?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con, keep punching. I don't agree with you entirely but blokes like you and BigMart are part of the lunacy that this forum thrives on

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And blokes like you are boring and not worth reading...

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Con, keep punching. I don't agree with you entirely but blokes like you and BigMart are part of the lunacy that this forum thrives on
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Whiked27

I think they do have one before us Collingwoods traded for trelor

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:People dont seem to understand the absolute basics of the draft.
Hipwood (Lions 2nd pick), Hopper (GWS), Mills (Swans) and Kennedy (GWS) all shoe-horned in ahead of us.
I think most people do understand it Con, but if it helps for you to feel you're one of the few, then go ahead.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:People dont seem to understand the absolute basics of the draft.
I think most people do understand it Con, but if it helps for you to feel you're one of the few, then go ahead.
Well you clearly dont because you keep pushing the idea that GWS wont get a selection ahead of us.If you understood you wouldnt be asking how they are going to get picks ahead of us???? I was stunned it needed to be explained but alas it did. I am not one of the few at all. 99% understand it but you and byron merely like being contrarian and picking fights. You both asked how GWS were going to get picks ahead of us and attempted to claim they werent. IN fact the context was that the GWS draft advantage was exaggerated. This was crystal clear in the context.

So be a smug FLOG all day long but you either didnt understand the system or were deliberately baiting, Take your pick. If you understand it so well why are you asking how GWS will get a pick ahead of us? What was the purpose of the question? You didnt understand or youre just an asshole for no reason with no purpose?

Here is your post:
Postby kosifantutti » Mon 29 Aug 2016 9:59pm
What did you intend by that question if you understand the draft academy system as you now claim?

Either:

1) you didnt understand
2) you were being obtuse for no reason or rationale

Which is it?

Absolute <edited by mods>

<warning issued for abuse and breaching swearing rules>

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Well you clearly dont because you keep pushing the idea that GWS wont get a selection ahead of us.If you understood you wouldnt be asking how they are going to geta pick ahead of us. I was stunned it needed to be explained but alas it did. I am not one of the few at all 99% do but you and byron merely like being contrarian and picking fights. An is you both asked how GWS were going to get picks ahead of us. So be a smug FLOG all day long but you either didnt understand the system or were deliberately baiting, Take your pick.
Wrong again Con. Maybe you should go back and read the thread.

I forgot. You don't do that, you would rather make the same mistake over and over again.

I asked why do they already have a pick ahead of us which as it turned out had nothing to do with academies. It was part of the Treloar deal.

You actually answered civilly but missed the point and then 3 days later decided we are all ganging up on you.

It must be tough being you.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Well you clearly dont because you keep pushing the idea that GWS wont get a selection ahead of us.If you understood you wouldnt be asking how they are going to geta pick ahead of us. I was stunned it needed to be explained but alas it did. I am not one of the few at all 99% do but you and byron merely like being contrarian and picking fights. An is you both asked how GWS were going to get picks ahead of us. So be a smug FLOG all day long but you either didnt understand the system or were deliberately baiting, Take your pick.

I forgot. You don't do that, you would rather make the same mistake over and over again.

I asked why do they already have a pick ahead of us which as it turned out had nothing to do with academies. It was part of the Treloar deal.

You actually answered civilly but missed the point and then 3 days later decided we are all ganging up on you.

Right. So all you had to do was say you dint know or forgot about the Treloar trade. But instead you chose to be a smug flog rather than simply addressing a simple oversight.
Toss pot.

<second warning for abuse and classification given as an ongoing dispute for future reference>

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

Right. So all you had to do was say you dint know or forgot about the Treloar trade. But instead you chose to be a smug flog rather than simply addressing a simple oversight.
Toss pot.
Again with the abuse.
I asked a question because I didn't know the answer. You misinterpreted my question but I let it go.

Griggsy eventually gave an answer that addressed my question. And I said, I didn't know that, thank you very much.

I'm not sure where or how I've upset you Con.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Here is your post:
Postby kosifantutti » Mon 29 Aug 2016 9:59pm
What did you intend by that question if you understand the draft academy system as you now claim?

Either:

1) you didnt understand
2) you were being obtuse for no reason or rationale

Which is it?

Absolute c_ck sucker.
I see you went back and edited that post. All class Con.

I asked why do they have a pick ahead of us in response to this:
Con Gorozidis wrote: They finish 4th and already have one pick ahead of us.
Nothing to do with the academies.