Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Change of State Govt wouldn't hurt.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Change of State Govt wouldn't hurt.
Perhaps, though that ship may have sailed.

In any event, this constant Davey Mac campaign features a Kardinia Park venue at the Junction with the Saints playing to sell out crowds and pocketing millions. Constant references to us doing what the Cats are doing.

Even if Napthine had've won the last election, a shared training facility is I believe the best that was on offer.

We gotta keep it real.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

not a lot publicly but if you attend pre or post match and ask Matt F he suggests finished by Mid 2017 ( about 12 months post when expected _ then referred back to Ameet about dealing with local government- so some of the same old same old-- although better than is was when Seaford was decided on..

but did find this snippett
Cr. Paul Peulich with Tony Pitara and Peter Ryan at Trevor Barker Oval.
21 April at 10:00 · Melbourne ·
Great to be part of the 2016 South Metro Junior Football League season launch after helping deliver a new home for community footy at Moorabbin Reserve, Linton St, part of the $29 million redevelopment which will see the SMJFL, SFNL and St Kilda FC co-located at Moorabbin.
Looking forward to working with Chairman of the SMJFL, Peter Ryan in seeing this project completed soon. Also thanks to Cheltenham Junior FC President Tony Pitara and Bree Valance, Secretary for their hard...
See more

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bump.

Two away Tassie games to help us muscle in there is great. :D

Dawkland NZ (if we can find a big enough ground... NZ is only a small place :mrgreen: ) would be great. Could 'replace' the opportunity we originally let go down in Tassie. :D

But, the ultimate end game remains JO. 8-)

Keep the faith!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:
tony74 wrote:Change of State Govt wouldn't hurt.
Perhaps, though that ship may have sailed.

In any event, this constant Davey Mac campaign features a Kardinia Park venue at the Junction with the Saints playing to sell out crowds and pocketing millions. Constant references to us doing what the Cats are doing.

Even if Napthine had've won the last election, a shared training facility is I believe the best that was on offer.

We gotta keep it real.
What's our debt again? Hmmmmm, I wonder what signage and Saint's sponsorship would be worth to a business... if we were at JO...?

Now Doc, show me where I've ever mentioned the need for a Kardinia Park-esque venue, or sellout crowds, at JO. To the contrary, I've regularly pointed out how that's not necessary. (Though I reckon that we could regularly sellout JO.)

The Hillibillies net $825K per Kardinia Park game... average crowd of only 26,000.
And they guaranteed the Poodles, who would struggle to sellout a dog kennel, $725K net per any home game that they moved down there.

Whereas, that same 26,000 crowd at Dockedlands sees us paying those Dockland bastards $73,000! :evil:

Saint's revenue: One Wellington home game = two MCG home games = eight Dockedlands home games. :shock: :evil:

That's not keeping it real. That's lunacy.

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what is happening with Moorabbin as I went to the Captains run there on the Saturday before the Essendon game and nothing's started yet on anything there. No way anything will be finished in time for 2018 let alone 2017.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Ahmet Bain was on SEN just now and said they expect work to begin by the half way mark of this season.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

saintbob wrote:Ahmet Bain was on SEN just now and said they expect work to begin by the half way mark of this season.
So they start this week then?

Has anyone seen any plans , artists impression, or plans of the proposed development?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
stkfc1
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:
saintbob wrote:Ahmet Bain was on SEN just now and said they expect work to begin by the half way mark of this season.

Has anyone seen any plans , artists impression, or plans of the proposed development?
http://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/Communit ... in-Reserve
You can put in your email and they send out info from time to time.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Selhurst Saint wrote:

I heard Ameet too and he said they are still finalising plans, which then have to be submitted to council for approval. I would think that it is extremely optimistic to imagine they will "turn the first sod" this financial year. However, I assume they are working extremely closely with council on the proposal, so it is not beyond the realm to assume we might be building in the next few months (assuming we have already got the construction contracts etc sorted and they are good to go).

Bains said they hoped to be in by late 2017.

Always loyal
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-06-0 ... gain-bains
Meanwhile, Bains said St Kilda's plan to return its training base to Moorabbin by the end of next year was starting to ramp up.

"At the moment we're finalising the design stage and we're hopeful, in a couple of weeks, that we'll be able to submit a planning application," he said

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The JO is the go

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:The JO is the go
Typical s/stiring New South Welshman!!! :!:
8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
8-)
you mexicans s*** me. 8-)

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:

I heard Ameet too and he said they are still finalising plans, which then have to be submitted to council for approval. I would think that it is extremely optimistic to imagine they will "turn the first sod" this financial year. However, I assume they are working extremely closely with council on the proposal, so it is not beyond the realm to assume we might be building in the next few months (assuming we have already got the construction contracts etc sorted and they are good to go).

Without any approved plans no builder's going to sign a contract to build anything. It will have to go to tender.

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
8-)
Then you relinquish your title as 'Patron Saint'!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
8-)
Then you relinquish your title as 'Patron Saint'!
low blow Señor .

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Has anyone seen any plans , artists impression, or plans of the proposed development?

Playon
Club Player

Pretty sure we had to make 5 mills worth of cut backs. So there goes the hot water for the opposition teams.
I dont think we could do it with chook raffles, it sucks having no money.

Comon lindsay you have more stuffed under the couch, lift one of the cushions and have a look

Playon
Club Player

Looks like quite a large sum that we need, will we even go close?
I forget the original wish list but thought it was the the high end of 30 mill plus eg 38 mill and then when reality struck we had to settle for less or am I wrong?
Now it seems we may be struggling to get to 30 mill
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/inne ... 0fdb830e24
And then there's the cost of adding a vfl team on top
Thanks to the afl who give us 6 mill but gave CA 10mill for the JO
and thanks to the Andrews government who gave us 12 mill but gave 31.5 million for Eureka Stadium in Ballarat ( gee we need that) and the 75 million gift for Simonds Stadium

Maybe we should of built on a rubbish tip like the hawks. Hell we dont need any assistance were not an expansion club

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:

Takes nothing to knock out a few structures. It's not as if they're constructing a multistorey building. Construction should only last 12 months

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Bump.

So, what are we? 10 and 9(?)

We'll beat the Tuggers and Teddies. Don't rule out the Swines either.

So, we'll win 12, very possibly 13... yet almost certainly miss the finals!!! :shock:

Compare and contrast that with the E-girlies.

They're (incredulously, IMHO) top four contenders(!) :shock: And it's based soley on their homeground advantage. Make no mistake, without that homeground advantage, we'd be above them on the ladder! Right now/ this season!

Going a step further...

Swap E-girls/Saints Subi-hole/JO, and one could swap our ladder positions... right now/ this season! :idea:

What would finishing in the eight, maybe even stealing a top four spot, do for our club's financial bottom line...?

PS: Posted in membrey of P66 (may he/she rest in peace). :)

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

We're not going back to the Junction Oval Dave. How many times do you need to hear it? I know you've got your fingers in your ears/over your eyes saying "La la la la" but it ain't going to happen. :roll:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Bump.

So, we'll win 12, very possibly 13... yet almost certainly miss the finals!!! :shock:

They're (incredulously, IMHO) top four contenders(!) :shock: And it's based soley on their homeground advantage. Make no mistake, without that homeground advantage, we'd be above them on the ladder! Right now/ this season!

Going a step further...

Swap E-girls/Saints Subi-hole/JO, and one could swap our ladder positions... right now/ this season! :idea:

What would finishing in the eight, maybe even stealing a top four spot, do for our club's financial bottom line...?

Id say we would already have a significant home ground advantage.

amusingname
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:Bump.

Going a step further...

Not our home games that are the issue, when we get on a plane is a different story this year.

I think you are clutching at straws on this one Dave.