Does anyone else find Richo boring???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Does anyone else find Richo boring???

Yes - Harvs is not really Mr Personality. I don't think he'll pass the Mrs ImpS coaching test!

one point
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:"Just warming the seat till Harvs is ready. Truth" ? I sure hope not. History has proved that few champion players turn out to be premiership coaches. Leigh Matthews excepted? :(
Unlike most examples Harvs has gone through a long, stable apprenticeship. Why anyone would 'hope not' I'm not sure. I hope that if he is a capable coach then he does coach us. As no one knows this why 'hope not'? Why assume a champion player that was an outstanding role model and puts every ounce of effort in to every thing he does, would fail as a coach?
We've appointed people with less of a resume before - basically every coach bar Jeans and Lyon.
Jeans had no resume when he started coaching Stkilda. He was a retired player. He built a fair resume before he finished his coaching career though.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

one point wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:"Just warming the seat till Harvs is ready. Truth" ? I sure hope not. History has proved that few champion players turn out to be premiership coaches. Leigh Matthews excepted? :(
Unlike most examples Harvs has gone through a long, stable apprenticeship. Why anyone would 'hope not' I'm not sure. I hope that if he is a capable coach then he does coach us. As no one knows this why 'hope not'? Why assume a champion player that was an outstanding role model and puts every ounce of effort in to every thing he does, would fail as a coach?
We've appointed people with less of a resume before - basically every coach bar Jeans and Lyon.
Jeans had no resume when he started coaching Stkilda. He was a retired player. He built a fair resume before he finished his coaching career though.
well there we go - even less reason to fear Harvs return!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "