Changes v Demons

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Demons

Give Joey a rest and bring in Eli.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Templeton, Billings and Sinclair will play. Minchington, Acres and Wright won't. There is no way they will play the other two before Templeton.
McKenzie had a shocker. Pulled from the ground twice by the coach for turnovers. He will be the first dropped.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Let's see if Richo invokes the tom-lee "he didn't tackle" rule - Roberton, Membrey & Dempster didn't lay one between them, Acres & Montagna one each. McKenzie had 7 so at least he had a dip.

Billings has to play if he's fit, probably for Wright.

There should be rafts of changes after that effort, but the only players putting their hands up are small forwards… where are all the mids, Steven is doing the work of two players at the minute… 12 players with under 15 disposals, most teams would flog us playing like that.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

lintonstreet wrote:In: Billings Sinclair
Out: Minch Acres

Templeton I feel may being sent a message.
Enlighten us

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Let's see if Richo invokes the tom-lee "he didn't tackle" rule - Roberton, Membrey & Dempster didn't lay one between them, Acres & Montagna one each. McKenzie had 7 so at least he had a dip.

Billings has to play if he's fit, probably for Wright.

There should be rafts of changes after that effort, but the only players putting their hands up are small forwards… where are all the mids, Steven is doing the work of two players at the minute… 12 players with under 15 disposals, most teams would flog us playing like that.
Think Richo has more issues than that, his players are not playing with the energy or passion required. Apart form 5 or 6 players yesterday the rest of the team werent interested you could suggest they are not playing for the coach.

We all know what happens in your workplace when youve got a boss you dont have total faith in - I belive Richos relationship with the team is at a cross road?

coopergrech
Club Player

In: Templeton, Shenton, Billings, Lonie & Lee
Out: Dunstan, Gilbert, Wright , McKenzie & Delaney (ALL DROPPED)

All my predicted outs were rubbish and Dunstan + Gilbert have been rubbish for a month or so take them both out... make a statement for once.

Mind you Dempster was awful to. Saints wont drop their favourites like Gilbert & Dunstan, they're weak as piss the selectors mind you so are Gilbo & Dunstan.

Shenton has had very good VFL form as has Eli bring them both in! They've been solid the whole season. Deserve a chance unlike some others that they always bring in or keep in....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'd drop Montagna

Send a clear message of expectation

He was f***ing putrid

And stop bring in new players and letting them rot in the forward pocket for 80mins and 40 mins on the pine.

We need ability and speed in
Lee, Billings, Lonie, Sinclair and Eli

Out
Delaney (s***), Montagna (message), Mackenzie (not ready), Dunstan (slow), Savage (message)

B: Dempster - Lee - Geary
HB: Wright - Gilbert - Roberton
C: Newnes - Armo - Eli
HF: Billings - Riewoldt - Membrey
F: Minchington - Bruce - Lonie
Mids: Hickey - Ross - Steven
Int: Acres - Lonie - Gresham - Sinclair

Notes
Acres - Gresham - Sinclair - Minchington - Billings
Must spend time in the midfield
Regardless of score
Steven and Armitage must spend some time forward
Bruce struggles again forward
Him and Lee swap

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes agree with others: Billings, Sinclair and Temps in.

Lonie needs more games in the middle at Sandy.

Dempster looks to have been rushed backed too early. But will be better for the run.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

We cant keep bringing kids in like McKenzie playing them out of position for 1 game and when they dont set the world on fire drop them. Richo is meant to be a great player developer but his selections are like someone who is desparate to save his job!

Its time to shake up some of the senior players drop Gilbert, Montagna, Dempster (not fit), Dunstan (too f.....n slow).

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

For what it's worth, I'd like to see Lewis Pierce come in as a back up for Tom H. Leigh Montagna has not been playing to his normally high standards of late, but I'd keep him there for his experience, and I Have a feeling he will come good this week. Billings & Templeton are worth a spot, probably at the expense of one of McKenzie/Dunstan/Minchington I guess we have to all realise that this side is still very much a "work in progress" I know that some folk believe we should be in a lower ladder position in order to get draft picks, but my feeling is that we have the nucleus of a reasonably good side, and need to get them into something resembling a winning culture.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
older saint
SS Life Member

On the basis that we require a balance between earning a spot and not having kids come in and have 1 game to prove themselves it is interesting to see what happens.

My thoughts i thought the crumbing forwards were non existent yesterday, the number of spoils which were cleared by Essendon was significant.
In: Billings, Sinclair, Templeton

Out: Minchington, Savage, McKenzie

Gilbert poor but need him down back as plays taller. Dunstan isn't quick but does a lot of unnoticed grunt work around clearances. Delaney is clearly above Lee and physically a better match for Hogan IMO.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good points!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
loris
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd drop Montagna

He was f***ing putrid

And stop bring in new players and letting them rot in the forward pocket for 80mins and 40 mins on the pine.

Out
Delaney (s***), Montagna (message), Mackenzie (not ready), Dunstan (slow), Savage (message)

Notes
Regardless of score
Him and Lee swap
BM, you have Lonie in the Forward Pocket and also on the bench........ can't be in two places at once, so who extra would you bring in. ? would it be Lewis? I know you are not a supporter of playing two ruckman.

I agree with your idea of switching Bruce & Lee if either don't work out in their positions. I think this is the time of the year we need to experiment so, too late next year, when Saints are trying to make a statement that we are ready to get into the 8 in 2017 or 2018. Need to test out the versatility of our players this season, whilst the expectations of climbing the ladder is not paramount on our horizons. Also it would help decide if Lee stays or goes next season.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I've missed someone!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dunstans work is unnoticed

On the stats sheet too...

What is unnoticed is the outside spread and damage of his direct opponents

Unless he can drop 5kg and not look like a suburban footballer (body and output) he does not deserve a midfield spot

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Savage might be out concussed. Can't recall him coming back on after a heavy knock to the head.

To the top
SS Life Member

Someone mentioned that our "crumbing" forwards were virtually non existent which was the case - noting that we were unable to take an overhead grab in the forward 50 so if the defender was not marking the ball was there to be contested - and Essendon then ran away with the ball.

At the other end of the ground, their small forwards being the Hyphen and Fantasia worked up and down the ground with no opponent in sight - causing mayhem and hitting the score board.

And then our small defender accountable for (variously) both the Hyphen and Fantasia was among the very best for St Kilda!!!!

Watch the highlight reel on the St Kilda Web site.

When the Hyphen out marked McKenzie, his opponent Geary was running off by himself toward the goal square.

Why?

Vazelos
Club Player

I'm surprised at the number of people who want Acres out, I'm not one of them. I have firm belief that kid will be a very good player for us and I thought he did quite well yesterday. He wasn't perfect but he was effective and did some nice things. McKenzie was very poor and so was Bruce. I would look at putting Bruce back in defence because he is weak at the contest, offers no presence and the mid fielders are not kicking to him with any confidence.
Billings and Sinclair would come in for mine and McKenzie and Wright out.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'd drop Montagna

He was f***ing putrid

Out

Notes
Regardless of score

Him and Lee swap
THIS!!!

How many times against the druggies did we have three of Steven, Armitage, Ross and Dunstan in the centre bounces? Because I reckon at every centre bounce that three of those four were always there. HOW DOES THAT DEVELOP any of our other budding young midfielders when they never get a f****** chance in there, RICHO???

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Out: McKenzie, Montagna and Wright

In: Webster, Sinclair and Billings

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Out: McKenzie, Montagna and Wright

In: Webster, Sinclair and Billings

Is Webster fit?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Eli was a seniors reserve on Sunday. Has to get a run this week or will be disillusioned. And rightly so.

Saint wagga
Club Player

In: billings, Eli, Webster
Out: Mackenzie, savage, wright

If jimmy is fully fit, he plays simple as that imo (are we building towRds something or trying to outdo Richmond and aim for perennial mediocrity!! Games must be pumped into young players.

As for Bruce knockers...give me a break, the guy made tons of excellent contests, rarely got beaten in 2 on 1's and at least neutralised those contests! Yes no clunking them as clean as he of all people would like, but the guys work rate and role within the team has become so vital in 1.5years it's not funny!! He will regain his marking mojo and hit the scoreboard more, but as for his place being jeopardy, oh please!!

ps: would love the coaches to continue to be bold and get games into 2-5 year players even if it may cost output! Ie: Gilbert and Roberton shouldn't play in the same team imo, too similar and neither elite enough to get us to the next level.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Acres. Billings. Dunstan. Need to play as many games remaining if fit. They can make a big deference next year, but need to get their game counts up.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'll be disappointed if Acres is dtopped. Needs to get his endurance up and was far from our worst against the drug cheats. Plus he was close to BOG last time against the Dees.