Saints v Gold Coast match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v Gold Coast match thread

ctqs wrote:Tha arrogant little sods have been drinking their own bathwater again. Not only do they have their heads stuck up their own backsides, the think the view is spectacular. Weak. Gutless.
agree the very thing i hate about richmond it is now us

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Look you have to say a huge game like last week would have taken a s*** load out of them. Its very hard for young teams to travel and backup those sort of games, physically and emotionally.
Enough with the excuses.
Putrid effort!
Yes its an exuse to look at the physical and mental state of a young team. Keep working yourself up into a lather. We were possible premiers last week now we are the worst team in the comp.

St Loxton
Club Player

Disgusting effort, this is hard to take atm. not good enough to pick and choose games.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Worst AFL game of the year. And we are 10 goals worse than the opposition. It's hard to comprehend.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

BigMart wrote:Bluthy

Living for the future are you?

If you don't think the past and the present doesn't shape the future, I'm not sure why I'm responding to you
I suggest you live in the present and not hope for a future that may or may not ever arrive

And
If you don't think the impending retirements of 4 club legends is going to leave a hole in the team that must be filled ... And that's not going to be problematic ... You are delusional regardless
Dempster won't leave a huge hole in the team. We have some really good candidates to fill that position. I think we are a better team without him. Last weeks great win showed that.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

all those wankers who get on here and ask why our supporters dont turn up... theres your answer

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

We are not the worst side in the league and that's what makes efforts like today's so hard to accept.
So long as I don't read that they had a virus or some other mystery excuse.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:Look you have to say a huge game like last week would have taken a s*** load out of them. Its very hard for young teams to travel and backup those sort of games, physically and emotionally.
I respectfully disagree. 'Young team' is a cop-out. It's their job to prepare for games and, sadly, this isn't an aberration. I have to admit i'm not watching the game but it's pretty clear that we didn't turn up to play.

There exists a level of effort that is so poor as to be inexcusable and we were obviously well below it today.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Eh 40 point loss. Some junk time goals for sure made it look a bit better. Damage was really done in that first half. Need to learn to lock things up when its not going our way.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

How did Gilbert play?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Astute!

Dempster unimportant... You're one of a handful of ignorant supporters that would actually believe that...

Any informed supporter, any coach at stk, all players know exactly how critical Sean is... Do you think a couple of game results prove this??

Would we have lost if Sean had played

Seriously man, saying stupid stuff like that takes away any credibility you think you might have

I'd say
Those four players are still in our best 8 at 34, 34, 33, 32

HarryM
Club Player

ctqs wrote:Tha arrogant little sods have been drinking their own bathwater again. Not only do they have their heads stuck up their own backsides, the think the view is spectacular. Weak. Gutless.
Brilliantly said.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Astute!

Dempster unimportant... You're one of a handful of ignorant supporters that would actually believe that...

Any informed supporter, any coach at stk, all players know exactly how critical Sean is... Do you think a couple of game results prove this??

Would we have lost if Sean had played

Seriously man, saying stupid stuff like that takes away any credibility you think you might have

I'd say
Those four players are still in our best 8 at 34, 34, 33, 32
You're the ignoramous that thinks they know it all who screams at players from the safety of your high horse where you would do everything 100% right if you were on the field. "We need to be patient and wait and see which young players actually develop" Wow!!! What a fascinating insight. I never would have thought of that. That could revolutise the AFL. What an insightful genius you are!!!!!!!! Go start another inane thread you moron who thinks your s*** doesn't stink. You are deeply boring and stupid and I prove you wrong on nearly everything but you won't admit to it.

<warning for abuse>

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well went to the game today. CAN someone let me know when the team is meant to arrive. I have only seen Weĺler so far...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ned Stark
Club Player

s***. Just s***. Now, let me guess, who is responsible for this debacle according to Richo? Acres probably. Never Monty or Dunstan. Predictable and wrong. Armitage is clearly injured. Rest him FFS and give a kid a go. We are not playing finals this year, so why play him? He falls over every time he gains possession. Would love to see Richo back the kids for once in his reaction. You don't lose interstate like that because of the kids, it's the senior leaders who fail to stand up when it counts.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

It seems almost illegal the way they way have played. As if they were cheating. Throwing the game. I left start of last quarter Most pathetic effort. I could have ran faster than Bruce today. So much disappointment atm. They have put the club back leaps

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt kicks 0.5 but berates everyone who doesnt pass to him. You cant have it both ways.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:It seems almost illegal the way they way have played. As if they were cheating. Throwing the game. I left start of last quarter Most pathetic effort. I could have ran faster than Bruce today. So much disappointment atm. They have put the club back leaps
If we have to lose like this, let it happen this year, I don't want any false dawns. I am happy so long as we beat all of the foundation sides - although we won't beat the Swans. Our defence today was at least 3 players down, and you could even say 4 if you include Carlisle.
Our forwards need goalkicking practice. It looks as though the Bombers could be 3 players down after Thursday night's game, so this gives the team a week to get their confidence back.
We are a bottom 6 team at present and need to introduce Carlisle and someone like Hurley or Marchbank into the side, and get Freeman on the ground, as well as O'Meara. Add Rice and we should finish mid-table next season. A bottom 6 finish is about right for where we are in our development. For mine, so long as we beat Essendon and Brisbane we have surpassed expectations, and as many have already posted we could also beat sides like Melbourne, so all in all we are improving, but we need to keep some perspective. I'm already looking forward to the guys making amends against Essendon next Sunday at Etihad.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 02 Jul 2016 6:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Just another game that shows us where we're really at. We are long way off being finalists, and with 4 or 5 players in their last or second last seasons, there's no sudden Buldogs-like surge on its way.

How many A graders below the age of 25? At this stage it amounts to zero, with scope for maybe 3 or 4 developing sufficiently to be put in that category (yet no guarantees). You don't win premierships or even get to top 4 with that kind of profile.

AT best, we will snare a few talented players in the next two off-seasons and bridge the gap, otherwise there's a real risk of a Richmond type of scenario emerging

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Con Gorozidis wrote:Riewoldt kicks 0.5 but berates everyone who doesnt pass to him. You cant have it both ways.
that wayward pass into the forwardline in the last said it all to me
He puts it out of reach of two sainters
Lonie (?) turns toward him gives him a good look and just shrugs his shoulders - you could tell he was itching to give some back
yeah he has credit in the bank - but his attitude

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

cwrcyn wrote:
AT best, we will snare a few talented players in the next two off-seasons and bridge the gap, otherwise there's a real risk of a Richmond type of scenario emerging
agreed - we can get all excited at a manic game plan and an unexpected win
but it is going to take a heck of a lot more Paddy Dangerfields to make the difference to this side
Dont want to finish anywhere near the eight - but I also dont want them to go down like they did

Seeya
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Riewoldt kicks 0.5 but berates everyone who doesnt pass to him. You cant have it both ways.
I've never been his biggest fan.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
I've never been his biggest fan.
wash your mouth out you heretic! :oops:

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

If you were an opposition supporter, I reckon to us be well within your rights to call him a total flog.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice one Bluthy

I enjoy a personal attack, says something about my position in the debate and my opponent.

I enjoy your wonderful insights

We're a young team of champions who need time and excuses... That's very insightful
Oh, and Dempster is no good... Very accurate that is