Essendope thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Essendope thread

Great move listening to a halfwit spammer and taking on his valued opinion and moving one of the very few active threads on this forum, especially with bye week now.

I don't get what the issue is, it's not like it clutters up a super active forum, which it was in past days pre Facebook.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Essendope thread

saintspremiers wrote:Great move listening to a halfwit spammer and taking on his valued opinion and moving one of the very few active threads on this forum, especially with bye week now.

I don't get what the issue is, it's not like it clutters up a super active forum, which it was in past days pre Facebook.
Number 1, I'm not a halfwit spammer, if the mods wish to move it back, that's up to them, my point is this, the only way this has any relevance to St.Kilda FC, is through Jake. So if you are happy to bag Essendon then you are affectivity bagging a Saints player who we are hoping will help us bring our second cup.

So much for second chances and a fresh start!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Hurley thread can go next thanks.

loris
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:The Hurley thread can go next thanks.
Also the thread on BJ

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I think there was also a bizarre one specifically dedicated to the little half bank flanker they have too.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Will move it back when it becomes connected to st.kilda somehow rather than tennis, wrestling, general drugs in sport or whatever ... content currently is general sports and opposition (esssendon) discussion

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

How many addressees can I fit on a PM?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Great move listening to a halfwit spammer and taking on his valued opinion and moving one of the very few active threads on this forum, especially with bye week now.

Number 1, I'm not a halfwit spammer, if the mods wish to move it back, that's up to them, my point is this, the only way this has any relevance to St.Kilda FC, is through Jake. So if you are happy to bag Essendon then you are affectivity bagging a Saints player who we are hoping will help us bring our second cup.

So much for second chances and a fresh start!!!!!
Number 1 is a matter of opinion and, as you clearly make plain, this is an opinion business, Jake is not the only relevance to this footy club (e.g. Corcoran and the changes in the Sandy relationship), and even if he was, people are entitled to be skeptical given his record (i.e. see previous mention of "a matter of opinion" - it's a "Fan Forum", not a 'Fanboi Forum'), to question is not to "effectively" bag, second chances are pending, fresh starts are earned and I don't reckon you know much about anything.

Further, you have absolutely no idea about my "career", I have some of the answers, depending on the questions, and what is a "GreenSausage", anyway (I'm red-green colour blind, like 8% of males - only 1% of 'She's' are similarly colour blind - not sure I should thank you for pointing out that thread, Satch)?

Plus, I'm still struggling to understand why you buried this piece of intellectual brilliance in the middle of a copy of a whole lot of other contributor's efforts:

"Don't drown in your own Urine, or have you stepped out of your lunchbox, you self proclaimed Legend!!!!"

The bladder's working fine, thanks, just not well enough to drown me, I haven't used a lunch box since I was 8, and the proclamations came from elsewhere, and from people I hold in much higher regard than a tosser who picks a fraudulent, drug addled, bible resorting, roid raged partner beating Yanqui freakin wrassler as his personal role model.

Just comfy in my own skin, me - it's why I used "Other" - it's a contrarian thing, and it was dissent that got to the 1000+ pages, contributed to by a whole lot of StKFC supporters who turned up before late 2015.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Well I'm dissapointed the Essendope thread was moved.

This has been the biggest story in football since...the internet was invented...and it's a story I've enjoyed following on Saintsaitional. The contributors have been extremely insightfull and well researched. In my mind this forum has been the LEADING forum for this subject, period.

Whilst it's not strictly about St Kilda it's definately of interest to me - a huge St Kilda fan. The arguement that it doesn't belong on this formum reflects a narrow view, in my opinion.

Lets be honest, this forum is becomming like a ghost town. The residents are all moving away. The site needs to be invigorated. The way to attract 'eyeballs' and contributors to the forum is to keep it alive with interesting subjects, to make it so people come here every day to find out whats new and whats happening.

Moving the Essendope thread is a bit like closing the local bakery. It's not quite as bad as closing the pub or the school, but it does take away from the fabric of our society.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Oppo forum (this thread and the other)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

no no, its important to move it so we can have 1 more dead thread on page 1 ... I honestly think the least pressed button on this forum is the one to get to page 2, right before the button to the opposition forum.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Based in PMs received I can see that the thread should sit on both ... so be it

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

stonecold
SS Life Member

BackFromUSA wrote:Based in PMs received I can see that the thread should sit on both ... so be it
Put it back then, as previously expressed, I only vented my opinion, to which several posters have gone over the top and made some personal attacks!!!!! Go your hardest, sure Jake will appreciate it !!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I would just love the thread to occassionally link back to how it impacts the Saints!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The players made mistakes. Jake was one of those players and he's now one of ours. As such we now support him in his attempts to restart his career. And he earns extra points for turning his back on the red & black cartel, unlike many of his fellow suspendees.

So we welcome Jake and have no desire to revisit his "sins".

However that doesn't mean we can't wish for nothing but badness to engulf the arrogant and unapologetic, drug peddling mob that now reside at Tullamarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loris
Saintsational Legend

My concern with banishing the thread to the Oppostion Forum is that people who are not Sainstational members, cannot browse the forum. I know of some IMO rather 'influential' (?????) people in journalism, politics and other elite sportspersons who closely read our Essendope thread. They sort 'the wheat from the chaff', don't actually post, but have mentioned some of the info gets filtered through to a variety of areas.
If the thread is on the Opposition & Other Sports , they cannot access the posts unless they become actual members of the site.

I thought this site was inclusive of a variety readers not a denier. Many people are lurkers for many moons before they become useful contributors why shut them out from a topic that concerns all people interested and worried about the 'greatest scandal in Australia's sporting history.............. just thinkin?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:My concern with banishing the thread to the Oppostion Forum is that people who are not Sainstational members, cannot browse the forum. I know of some IMO rather 'influential' (?????) people in journalism, politics and other elite sportspersons who closely read our Essendope thread. They sort 'the wheat from the chaff', don't actually post, but have mentioned some of the info gets filtered through to a variety of areas.
If the thread is on the Opposition & Other Sports , they cannot access the posts unless they become actual members of the site.

I thought this site was inclusive of a variety readers not a denier. Many people are lurkers for many moons before they become useful contributors why shut them out from a topic that concerns all people interested and worried about the 'greatest scandal in Australia's sporting history.............. just thinkin?
Of course there's all those posters we have now that came to read the Essendope thread, and stayed to make fine contributions about actual Saints topics. I'm sure there's hundreds of them, but I can't name one.

And all those influential people who read this thread. I find that hard to believe. Surely there's better places to go and get their news.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:And all those influential people who read this thread. I find that hard to believe. Surely there's better places to go and get their news.
Well, the press has dropped off lately, hasn't it? Eh?? EH???

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Hi all,
On a day to day basis, my research has stopped at present, but I do monitor the general situation for developments, and anything that value-adds to our previous research.

As the case is now before the Swiss Courts, I do not intend to chase up Swiss Law and so on, I am sure there are people that are currently being paid to do that.

The issue behind my initial research and effort was that I felt that too many "high level Australian interests" were doing all they could to stop this case form proceeding (such as the commercial media). It will be, on reflection, a blight on Australian history if this case was stopped early, and Justice was not reached.

A massive victory was reached to get this case "outside Australia", once that happened, the whole dynamic and narrative changed.

In terms of where it sits on the SS Forum, I am not fussed these days. 12 months ago, it needed maximum exposure, in 2016, and post-CAS hearing, I am not sure.

Jobe's 2012 Brownlow is still to be resolved, along with the Swiss Appeal. Also the "insurance payouts" to players, which Essendon appear to be stage-managing, still needs to be monitored also.

Chat soon, but I am glad in a way that my input was not needed to get the E'dope thread back on the main page!

As loris said, I have also been made aware of prominent people looking at this thread. it's a great advert for the SS website.

Chat soon.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:Hi all,
On a day to day basis, my research has stopped at present, but I do monitor the general situation for developments, and anything that value-adds to our previous research.

As the case is now before the Swiss Courts, I do not intend to chase up Swiss Law and so on, I am sure there are people that are currently being paid to do that.

The issue behind my initial research and effort was that I felt that too many "high level Australian interests" were doing all they could to stop this case form proceeding (such as the commercial media). It will be, on reflection, a blight on Australian history if this case was stopped early, and Justice was not reached.

A massive victory was reached to get this case "outside Australia", once that happened, the whole dynamic and narrative changed.

In terms of where it sits on the SS Forum, I am not fussed these days. 12 months ago, it needed maximum exposure, in 2016, and post-CAS hearing, I am not sure.

Jobe's 2012 Brownlow is still to be resolved, along with the Swiss Appeal. Also the "insurance payouts" to players, which Essendon appear to be stage-managing, still needs to be monitored also.

Chat soon, but I am glad in a way that my input was not needed to get the E'dope thread back on the main page!

As loris said, I have also been made aware of prominent people looking at this thread. it's a great advert for the SS website.

Chat soon.

Your efforts greatly appreciated mate.

barneyboyz
Club Player

saynta wrote:

Chat soon.

+1 and to ToT and (most) others

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Chat soon.
And I thought this had nothing to do with the Saints. This post has changed my mind.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote:
saynta wrote:

Chat soon.

+1 and to ToT and (most) others
Yep, have to agree. All those posts of tot and InaRush have made all the difference. :roll:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I wonder who the prominent people reading the Essendope thread are. Is it possible that Saintsational could bring Essendope down?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
loris wrote:My concern with banishing the thread to the Oppostion Forum is that people who are not Sainstational members, cannot browse the forum. I know of some IMO rather 'influential' (?????) people in journalism, politics and other elite sportspersons who closely read our Essendope thread. They sort 'the wheat from the chaff', don't actually post, but have mentioned some of the info gets filtered through to a variety of areas.

Of course there's all those posters we have now that came to read the Essendope thread, and stayed to make fine contributions about actual Saints topics. I'm sure there's hundreds of them, but I can't name one.

And all those influential people who read this thread. I find that hard to believe. Surely there's better places to go and get their news.
Think back to when Zelko was alive. Then think about which half of the best investigative journo duo in the country was quite happy to have this place 'standing by' (e.g. when the interim joint investigation report was released, that half was quite happy to have it publicised here before it hit other outlets).

Then think about the "Mex Hex" story, from Hooper's in Sth Yarra. And, when Whateley and his brain dead mate went ape, which spot on the web said 'stay calm, B & M are right' (so proven, almost immediately)?

For a fact, as Zelko and others provided, this site was read by a swag of people, some influential, some not. From board members at various AFL clubs (fact), to legal minds at various firms (fact), to interested medicos (fact), to the heirarchy at the sporting complex in Canberra (fact - e.g. Zelko's "The Road Runner" - that's Hollingworth, the CEO of the ASC).

I had numerous people conveying their appreciation and abiding interest in what was presented here.

You might find it hard to believe but, as they say, you have no idea.