Nathan freeman hamstring tightness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: Nathan freeman hamstring tightness

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:If he was a race horse he would be off to the abataures by now!
If you were a member you might be taken seriously. Peanut
If you had brain you would think before you posted!
Buy a membership or piss off.

Disgraceful to pot our club and you arent even a member.
Absolute parasite. You arent a supporter but a troll.
Play the ball not the man.
The irony coming from the likes of you. Mind your own business you arrogant flog.
Honestly we dont need this here, can you leave it at BF?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Can everyone just please chill the f*ck out.

Are they treating the cause or just the symptom?

Eg is it lower back related?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
Imagine going into the 2016 draft and Collingwood calls out a player with OUR second round draft pick.
Not a problem if we have got value for that pick but seriously embarrassing if we got nothing.
Collingwood will be laughing - we gave you nothing for Luke Ball and we gave you nothing for your second round pick.
Well I can personally guarantee that won't happen as they don't have it.

Also don't get how freeman is anymore than a gamble on a player around pick 30. Most of the time they become c/b graders or don't last. We have players to fill these roles already, Freeman's ceiling is higher imo.
Last edited by Griggsy on Sun 05 Jun 2016 12:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Griggsy wrote:
ace wrote:
Imagine going into the 2016 draft and Collingwood calls out a player with OUR second round draft pick.
Not a problem if we have got value for that pick but seriously embarrassing if we got nothing.
Collingwood will be laughing - we gave you nothing for Luke Ball and we gave you nothing for your second round pick.

Also don't get how free,an is anymore than a gamble on a player around pick 30. Most of the time they become c/b graders or don't last. We have players to fill these roles already, Freeman's ceiling is higher imo.
Please dont speak sense the peasants on here wont understand.

You are garbage - Enough said
evo
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:
ace wrote:

Also don't get how freeman is anymore than a gamble on a player around pick 30. Most of the time they become c/b graders or don't last. We have players to fill these roles already, Freeman's ceiling is higher imo.
Collingwood valued the pick that much they passed it on.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I am ok with them going slow and ultra cautious with Freeman. Though having said that, if he has not at least played some senior footy by the end of this season one would certainly be concerned.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

When do we get an update on the scans?

#1 Ryder fan
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

"Nathan Freeman Hamstring Tightness" - hope that's not the same epiphet as - "Aaron Hamill 2 weeks"

Nee!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Has the club put anything offical out about Freeman's scans??

farquhar
Club Player

He should be sent to work as a shearer, stretch out those hamstrings nicely.

Time for goal-kicking practice
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="farquhar"]He should be sent to work as a shearer, stretch out those hamstrings nicely.[/quote]

Or a roof plumber or concreter

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote:"Nathan Freeman Hamstring Tightness" - hope that's not the same epiphet as - "Aaron Hamill 2 weeks"
Nailed it. Except Hamill wasn't 20...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cyril kept getting hammy issues and the club convinced him that he needed to change the way he ran if he wanted to reduce the risk of tearing his hamstrings comtinuously. I haven't followed the Freeman threads that closely this year so not sure if the club has thoroughly studied his running style, but I'd be disappointed if they haven't

Edit. Did an advaced search and there was a thread in January this year titled 'Lower your expectations' which mentioned he was working on a new running style

older saint
SS Life Member

It was reported on radio on Sunday that sources have said the program they implemented to get a long term fix on this issue was likely to see a number of these set backs occur during the year and the club was comfortable with this long term solution and the fact he may not play footy this year as a consequence

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Assuming it's a tear of some grade not just tightness (as my source who seems in the know suggests), would that be pretty much curtains for this season? Or would a low grade tear see him miss say 6 weeks and play maybe 2 or 3 games in the devs toward season end??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:It was reported on radio on Sunday that sources have said the program they implemented to get a long term fix on this issue was likely to see a number of these set backs occur during the year and the club was comfortable with this long term solution and the fact he may not play footy this year as a consequence
lol

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is this hamstring awareness week?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

being reported on BF as tightness 3-4 weeks.

most seem to interpreting as tear, 6-7 weeks

#1 Ryder fan
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

As suggested in an earlier post, perhaps it's time to look at some expertise overseas. Remember Max Rooke? Didn't he get the calf's blood treatment in Germany for chronic hamstring injuries? What've we got to lose? It would appear this season is now a write-off, so this is probably an ideal time to try something a little left field. As long as we don't involve a "Dank" style quack.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:being reported on BF as tightness 3-4 weeks.

most seem to interpreting as tear, 6-7 weeks
I've posted this in the other injury thread, but a link to Jamie Cox today. Didn't describe it as "tightness". Described it as a hammy. 3-4 weeks minimum.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-06-0 ... concussion

Always loyal
Saint wagga
Club Player

The fact this kid can't even get to the start line is so concerning its not funny! Someone mentioned Cyril earlier...he did have plenty of hamstring strains, but he clearly recovered on normal time frames, got back up and played games in between...this young lad can't even get enough conditioning before he's set back again...all things aside, he will never have explosive pace. I have lowered my expectations to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if he played less that 10 senior games and doesn't see out his 3 year deal! Some bodies just aren't built for the Rigors of elite sport, I think Freeman will unfortunately join a long list of players whose bodies let them down.

I had serious misgivings about us signing him in the first place so I'm not just chucking in the towel after this latest setback...as much as I hate Collingwood, they would have the best medical team money can buy, not just there day to day staff but access to the best in opinions and consultations across the globe. If freeman is s good kid as everyone keeps yelling into the microphone, Collingwood would have backed themselves to get him right. They do have s track record of giving their players every chance to come good.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Credit where credit is due. Our Spin Doctors are working a treat today. On 3AW they went on a bit about Paddy and even had an interview with I assume JC about him missing a week.

Paddy's issues are minor compared to Fish and Dumpster out for a month, which barely got a mention!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote:The fact this kid can't even get to the start line is so concerning its not funny! Someone mentioned Cyril earlier...he did have plenty of hamstring strains, but he clearly recovered on normal time frames, got back up and played games in between...this young lad can't even get enough conditioning before he's set back again...all things aside, he will never have explosive pace. I have lowered my expectations to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if he played less that 10 senior games and doesn't see out his 3 year deal! Some bodies just aren't built for the Rigors of elite sport, I think Freeman will unfortunately join a long list of players whose bodies let them down.

I had serious misgivings about us signing him in the first place so I'm not just chucking in the towel after this latest setback...as much as I hate Collingwood, they would have the best medical team money can buy, not just there day to day staff but access to the best in opinions and consultations across the globe. If freeman is s good kid as everyone keeps yelling into the microphone, Collingwood would have backed themselves to get him right. They do have s track record of giving their players every chance to come good.
Rioli had 6 hamstring strains in 3 years, he is as explosive as ever. Collingwood didn't get rid of freeman, they offered him a multi year contract but he quit, so they had faith they could get him right.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Not wishing it on Freeman or the club, but say theoretically he was to say enough is enough and turn it up at the end of 2016.
Would the remainder of his contract remain in the salary cap?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is becoming as bad as Jason Cripps and all his hammy issues that lasted about 3 years. Crippa did come back but didn't last long