Tony 74, What's up with Billings?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Tony 74, What's up with Billings?

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote: I have criticised Jack because I think he is cruising and not delivering on his potential
Well he is cruising alongside two of the best rated youngsters in the land in Bontempelli and Josh Kelly

At a quick look his stats are also extremely comaparable against Luke Ball And Dal Santo in their 3rd years

So shove that up your critique
Luke Ball's career amounted to zip and Dal Santo was and still is soft as butter. Great reference Devilhead you win....
Zip? If zip equals 223 games, All Australian, Best & Fairest, Captain and Premiership player, I hope Jack Billings' career amounts to zip too!

longtimesaint
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Impatient Saints is not even a member. All he does is pot our players.

Buy a membership <edited by mods>

Not a supporter in my opinion.
Bunk it is well known the club has up to 700k supporters with 37k members, so really that is a dumb comment. You dont have to be a financial member to support the club. I have been a member for a lot of years but I just got sick of the off field disasters our club seems to find itself in and made a statement.

I have never lived in Melbourne so I dont get the value of the membership that most do and the club has never seemed to value interstate members, for what they are 'donors'. You know if they sent you a team poster or even some decent memorabilia it would make you feel valued, but they dont.

On potting players - I have criticised Jack because I think he is cruising and not delivering on his potential. I want more for him and the club which I think he can deliver but he needs to put his nose down and fully commit. As is the case for any other player that gets critiqued.
My brother lives in Adelaide and is lucky to get here for one match a year but still supports the club with a membership.
My personal opinion is that only club members should be able to post on saintsational.

One year will be our year
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Impatient Saints is not even a member. All he does is pot our players.

Bunk it is well known the club has up to 700k supporters with 37k members, so really that is a dumb comment. You dont have to be a financial member to support the club. I have been a member for a lot of years but I just got sick of the off field disasters our club seems to find itself in and made a statement.

I have never lived in Melbourne so I dont get the value of the membership that most do and the club has never seemed to value interstate members, for what they are 'donors'. You know if they sent you a team poster or even some decent memorabilia it would make you feel valued, but they dont.

On potting players - I have criticised Jack because I think he is cruising and not delivering on his potential. I want more for him and the club which I think he can deliver but he needs to put his nose down and fully commit. As is the case for any other player that gets critiqued.
My brother lives in Adelaide and is lucky to get here for one match a year but still supports the club with a membership.
My personal opinion is that only club members should be able to post on saintsational.

I reckon 85% of any current membership base would cease their membership if they didn't get games value.

So I disagree with proposal completely.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Spinner wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:

I reckon 85% of any current membership base would cease their membership if they didn't get games value.

If they are only fair weather members, they can go and f**k themselves, because they are not real supporters.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsational is a free website not officially linked to the club...
Not posting here if you're not a member IMHO is a joke.

People go through stages in their lives where priorities shift... They have family, travel overseas, try different things. Many find their way back. Others aren't born footy fanatics and discover their love for footy later in life and things like Saintsational help fuel the fire and help them take the extra step.

Then on occasions, you have posters from other clubs that like to pop in the week we play their club just for a friendly chat... We used to get that a lot... Guys like timberwolf, Freo Docker, that Collingwood guy that posted the detailed previews. Miss those days. The forum nuffies chased them all off though.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote: I have criticised Jack because I think he is cruising and not delivering on his potential
Well he is cruising alongside two of the best rated youngsters in the land in Bontempelli and Josh Kelly

At a quick look his stats are also extremely comaparable against Luke Ball And Dal Santo in their 3rd years

So shove that up your critique
Luke Ball's career amounted to zip and Dal Santo was and still is soft as butter. Great reference Devilhead you win....
anyone who refers to Nick Dal Santo as soft as butter is a complete fool and knows absolutely bugger all about footy. Dal has averages 8.89 contested possessions per game over his entire career, Lenny Hayes who is undoubtedly one of the hardest blokes ever to play the game averaged 9 contested possessions per game.
both players averaged a total of 22 disposals per game.

And Luke Ball played 221 AFL games, won a B&F, came second twice, was All Australian, Captained an AFL team and won a premiership so to say his career amounted to zip is just ridiculous. You are just making yourself look stupid

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I reckon 85% of any current membership base would cease their membership if they didn't get games value.

I work every Saturday, Sunday & Monday to pay for rent, food, bills and to put myself through uni so I don't get to attend games since we have zero Friday night slots. Took annual leave to go on Sunday which is the first game I've been able to go to for a year or so since I generally need to save my leave for exam periods. Not gonna fork out $100+ for a membership when I can so rarely attend games in my current situation. If I had weekends free I'd absolutely be a paid up member as I have been for 6+ years in the past, but as it sits that would simply be a financial donation to the club when I haven't got money to spare.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Tony 74 is withholding sensitive information.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Saintsational is a free website not officially linked to the club...

People go through stages in their lives where priorities shift... They have family, travel overseas, try different things. Many find their way back. Others aren't born footy fanatics and discover their love for footy later in life and things like Saintsational help fuel the fire and help them take the extra step.

Then on occasions, you have posters from other clubs that like to pop in the week we play their club just for a friendly chat... We used to get that a lot... Guys like timberwolf, Freo Docker, that Collingwood guy that posted the detailed previews. Miss those days. The forum nuffies chased them all off though.
Well this Impatient Sainter is not a member because we recruited Jake Carlisle. Blamed the club for being blindsided.

He then comes on to here and BF and bags the crap out of current and past players.

AFAIAC and by the looks of it many others on here, he is not a true Saints supporter and most likely just an anti Saints troll.

Bagging Billings and calling Dal Santo soft as butter would indicate he has just joined to troll and incite.

Pretty transparent.

You are garbage - Enough said
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Spinner wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:

If they are only fair weather members, they can go and f**k themselves, because they are not real supporters.

It's not a dick measuring contest and I'm sure they would send you the same regards right back.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
skeptic wrote:Saintsational is a free website not officially linked to the club...

Well this Impatient Sainter is not a member because we recruited Jake Carlisle. Blamed the club for being blindsided.

He then comes on to here and BF and bags the crap out of current and past players.

AFAIAC and by the looks of it many others on here, he is not a true Saints supporter and most likely just an anti Saints troll.

Bagging Billings and calling Dal Santo soft as butter would indicate he has just joined to troll and incite.

Pretty transparent.
Its called taking off those 'rose coloured' glasses bunk and stop being an ignorant twit that just accepts the clubs lack of sucess like its been enjoyable. Ask every opposition supporter what they think of Dal Santo and there is nothing wrong with having higher expectation of Billings.

You are a forum bully towards anyone you disagree with and appear to have taken over from Pluggers antics!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Pretty transparent.
Its called taking off those 'rose coloured' glasses bunk and stop being an ignorant twit that just accepts the clubs lack of sucess like its been enjoyable. Ask every opposition supporter what they think of Dal Santo and there is nothing wrong with having higher expectation of Billings.

You are a forum bully towards anyone you disagree with and appear to have taken over from Pluggers antics!
Yiur opinion iz irrelevant as you are not a Saints supporter.

Unlike Mad Saint Guy who has a valid excuse, you have none but think you have the right to pot our players and troll real supporters.

Nothing but an opposition troll it seems. Go back to your own teams forum and leave us real supporters of the Saints alone.

You are garbage - Enough said
longtimesaint
Club Player

+1

One year will be our year
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Pretty transparent.

Yiur opinion iz irrelevant as you are not a Saints supporter.

Unlike Mad Saint Guy who has a valid excuse, you have none but think you have the right to pot our players and troll real supporters.

Nothing but an opposition troll it seems. Go back to your own teams forum and leave us real supporters of the Saints alone.
Your rant makes no sense Bunk. So MSG has a legitimate excuse for not being a member, but this guy doesn't because he lives interstate???? I don't agree with him on many counts, but his opinion may have merit. JB is a lightly framed player, and I would prefer that he doesn't throw himself into packs. His go will mainly be beautiful finishing and setting players up on the lead. And kicking goals of course. As long as he doesn't shirk when it's his turn to go, I will be happy with him. So far I'm happy with him.....

Dal is a great tackler - something that many people under estimate. He's never been a Lenny Hayes type though, I don't care what stats anyone throws up.

Our frustrations at people shouldn't be decided on whether they are members or not - otherwise this site WILL be defunct

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

A thread absolutely dominated by Devilhead - a clear BIT performance, and by a very long distance.

While JB might seem a bit down ATM ()and in concert with Devilhead's superior contributions, I stress "moment"), and bugger all on here would have a clue as to why, Devilhead has painted a very clear clear picture of comparative, if not touted, good performances.

As for the complete and utter nonsense that he can't win contested ball and is soft, please, spare us the drone ignorance - you clearly do not know what you're actually watching. And, if you're only watching it on telly, at least understand the limitations that places on your view of the (modern) game, and give up on the summary executions.

And, if all else fails, watch the results of the kid's vision, in combination with his ball use. Then, be happy he's playing for us, because we really do need young fellas who can a) see and b) use.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:Looks like Tony 74 is withholding sensitive information.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Jack. Lacking a touch of confidence at the moment and working his way through new roles and Challenges. As they are all. Bit sore and battered but no more than anyone else.
The complete team man and club man. We couldn't be happier.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Jack is far from lightly framed... Obviously never seen him up close.

I love the way this thread has turned out

People thinking they are better than others because of membership... Luke ball amounted to nothing... NDS is a soft receiver

And one arrogant poster is as flaky as they come with support... Even has to change .... Now he sets the bar every must reach or they are unworthy of commentary
And we are so precious that we are too sensitive to hear any light criticisms about one of our hopefuls

The thread is hilarious

Darth Vader
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Looks like Tony 74 is withholding sensitive information.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Jack. Lacking a touch of confidence at the moment and working his way through new roles and Challenges. As they are all. Bit sore and battered but no more than anyone else.
The complete team man and club man. We couldn't be happier.
Thanks for the update Tony. Good to hear.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Had his ankle jammed under an Essendon player in the 1st Q and it affected him for the rest of the game

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Your rant makes no sense Bunk. So MSG has a legitimate excuse for not being a member, but this guy doesn't because he lives interstate???? I don't agree with him on many counts, but his opinion may have merit. JB is a lightly framed player, and I would prefer that he doesn't throw himself into packs. His go will mainly be beautiful finishing and setting players up on the lead. And kicking goals of course. As long as he doesn't shirk when it's his turn to go, I will be happy with him. So far I'm happy with him.....

Dal is a great tackler - something that many people under estimate. He's never been a Lenny Hayes type though, I don't care what stats anyone throws up.

Our frustrations at people shouldn't be decided on whether they are members or not - otherwise this site WILL be defunct
On the weekend - 56% disposal efficiency (the worst on the ground apart from Redman of the dopers) and 2 behinds doesn't really stack up with the above statement.
JB is down at the moment and it sounds like he is a bit sore (reading Tony74's post) so maybe a rest this week may be in order?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Stat ranking for '16, for the 34 game player who turns 21 in mid-August

Kicks - 7th, Handballs - 9th, Disp's - 7th, Cont Poss - 15th, Uncont Poss - 5th, Marks - 9th, Contested Marks - 10th, Disp Eff - 19th, Clangers - 11th, Clearances - 8th, Stoppages - 8th, Rebound 50 - 9th, Tackles - 7th, 1%'s - 17th, Inside 50's - 6th, Goals - 12th, Accuracy - 20th, Goals Assists - 1st, Time on Ground - 15th and Average Fantasy Points - 8th.

That's A picture, unvarnished, FWIW.

Obviously a couple of concerns (and mild surprises) but, overall, paints a picture in line with what Tony 74 related.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Needs to work on Fantasy points.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
devil saint
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Stat ranking for '16, for the 34 game player who turns 21 in mid-August

Kicks - 7th, Handballs - 9th, Disp's - 7th, Cont Poss - 15th, Uncont Poss - 5th, Marks - 9th, Contested Marks - 10th, Disp Eff - 19th, Clangers - 11th, Clearances - 8th, Stoppages - 8th, Rebound 50 - 9th, Tackles - 7th, 1%'s - 17th, Inside 50's - 6th, Goals - 12th, Accuracy - 20th, Goals Assists - 1st, Time on Ground - 15th and Average Fantasy Points - 8th.

That's A picture, unvarnished, FWIW.

Obviously a couple of concerns (and mild surprises) but, overall, paints a picture in line with what Tony 74 related.

Exactly! And I am very certain his ranking in relation to DE and goal scoring accuracy will rise by the end of the season. Absolute jet! Don't have any doubts about this one at all. Just love him!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just like Acres was directly responsible for our 17 goal thrashing by WCE, so Billings is directly responsible for us not winning by 200 points against the Dons.

the dome
Club Player

I'm H a p p y J B I s I n T h e F o l d

1/3 of the way through the season and a lot of our younger players are getting a good ammount of regular appearances. I haven't seen much of JB live but after seeing his 1st. year I remain confident that he will thrive in his development at our club. I had the same feeling reg. Seb Ross early on and on last week's efforts I am V. encouraged that we have a genuinely talented MID in our system.
JB like Seb is still young and can still kick very well. It would be lovely to have all the young fellas up @ the same time but each week will probably produce a few different faces from the week before in grabbing the best player praises. Last week I was extremely pleased for Seb and Paddy putting their own much appreciated stamp on the game and helping guide the team to a win.
I can't help thinking that Jack Billings has it in him to reach similar levels.