changes for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: changes for this week

Out:

Acres (was our worst by a street last week and the coach was not impresses)
Lonie
Riewoldt (rested)

In:

Fisher
McCartin
Templeton

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If we drop Acres, which I would prefer we didn't... It might be time for Dmac.

I wouldn't bring Paddy back in yet unless they reckon he is going to stretch the Essendon back line with Skunk, Bruce and Roo also....

I'd definitely put Lonie at Sandy for two weeks minimum.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would introduce young Pierce to the AFL. Now is a good a time as any to do it. I would bring in Paddy and DMc. And Fisher if ready. Four changes after last weeks debacle,, at least.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If Acres is dropped I'm going to punch Richo in the balls.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Acres should have had his arse kicked all week, but he was not alone and had plenty of mates.

Would like to see Fisher back, Gilbo back to the mids, DMAC in for Lonie, and the rest of them play like they bloody well want to.

WCE game was appalling and unacceptable.

Show some pride Saints and lift your game on Sunday.

You are garbage - Enough said
spert
Saintsational Legend

I guess Acres is an easy drop for Richo- after all the rest of the midfield really turned on a great display, and the overall team defensive game was really working well.. NOT!

I could see a lot of players from the WCE game who didn't turn up to play and it will be interesting to see what message Richo gives to the playing group and supporters at the selection table.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The biggest problem Acres has at the moment is his total lack of defensive effort, he tends to pick and choose which contests he will compete in, this would make Richo go ballistic. Having talent is one thing but not having a go on every occasion is unacceptable and stands out like dogs balls.
Thats why he gets dropped and will probably see him go out again this week. I wouldn't drop him, only because there isn't much in the two's to bring in as a midfielder.
I think that we will do the following:
Out: Acres, Lonie, Armo (sore)
Lee, Dmac, Fisher
Gilbo back into a midfield/forward role, Lee to take on Brown who is almost his perfect match up. Dmac half forward/wing, Fisher to Daniher

minneapolis
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:If Acres is dropped I'm going to punch Richo in the balls.
If you punch Richo in the balls I am going to kick you in the shins.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm a Lonie fan, but he's been a bit of a headless chook all year - needs some time in the vfl to find form and find the ball.
Acres needs to get into it, but I'd perservere with him. Still wondering why more weren't rested last week - only goes to show the coach must have considered us a chance. I like what I see in Lee, aside from his lack of willingness to tackle. If he isn't doing it in the vfl then he doesn't deserve to play A's. I really like the team with Membrey in it, and he'd be fresher than most.
So in all, just Lonie out. Fisher back in.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:The biggest problem Acres has at the moment is his total lack of defensive effort, he tends to pick and choose which contests he will compete in, this would make Richo go ballistic. Having talent is one thing but not having a go on every occasion is unacceptable and stands out like dogs balls
Uh oh, those non-negotiable team rules. If he has infringed them again then he deserves a spell and let's hope the penny drops this time.

If it's just the case of a really poor game then I'd persevere

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
Bluthy wrote:If Acres is dropped I'm going to punch Richo in the balls.
If you punch Richo in the balls I am going to kick you in the shins.
[puts hockey shin pads on and shakes fist at Linen House] Leave Blacres alone! He comes in like a Wrecking Ball! Ok he may be all over the shop like Miley but he's one of the few that can be really damaging. Let him get some chemistry with our midfield. Or I'll give you two achers Richo!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo - protected species. I am so bemused that Gilbo is considered an automatic selection and is so comfortably ensconced in mediocrity.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Gilbo - protected species. I am so bemused that Gilbo is considered an automatic selection and is so comfortably ensconced in mediocrity.

For me there is just too many oldies in Demps, Fish, Geary, Gilbo and Monty in the back half . But we need to be bleeding in the next-gen and there aren't spots there because they are all taken up by the golden oldies. I feel like Richo's "standards" has become an excuse for him to be covering his ass by playing a very experienced back half to be competitive and win games. But does it pay off long term?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We all know many of our older blokes are past their best. Unless we want to stay on the bottom of the ladder our younger blokes must be given more opportunities.

I loved how Minchy came into the team and made an impact. He is a player with upside and I couldn't believe that he was dropped the moment he had a bad game? Did he have 2 bad games in a row? I don't think so. Minchy needs more games at this level. He could be a keeper and a valuable contributer at the 40-60 game mark but you've got to accept there'll be inconsistency while he gets games under his belt. Same with Murdoch and Goddard. They need games now

To the top
SS Life Member

In regards the comment on our defence, Montagna has gone back to give some precision and run from defence, acknowledging that Dempster and Geary do not provide precision and run and Fisher is being asked to do what he is doing so also (generally) not providing precision and run.

That said, Fisher and Dempster are having very good seasons given the jobs they are being asked to do.

Gilbert provides run and (generally) acceptable precision.

Then we have Roberton, Savage and Webster.

On that basis we have 8 defenders - and where I reckon Webster and Geary (Mc Kenzie in) will be the first to feel pressure because their form continues to be very, very poor - then Gilbert to he mid-field to provide the bigger body and some run.

Left with Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Savage (where I still have concerns with his defending) Mc Kenzie and Montagna the pressure at KPP comes on Fisher and Dempster exclusively - so little improved from last week numerically altho Fisher is at least a genuine KPP defender.

Why Lee and Goddard are not in the mix bemuses me.

Then again how do Essendon line up?