Statement required

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Statement required

This match has been unacceptable. I'm happy if a selection statement is made this week. I don't want to see 2 fringe players replaced its time for Richo to put a line in the sand. A senior player or two must take a bullet. Lyon dropped Dal and Milne one year and it's now Richos turn. Im not going to bag our players but something must happen

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Statement required

Lonie, Webster, Gilbert and Geary out.

Templeton, Lee, Murdoch and White in.

But it wont be Lee it will be Fisher. But Lee or Goddard need to crack it soon.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

D'mac is ahead of white IMO... and Murdoch.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yeah from Richo saying he f....d up this weeks selections terribly.

We needed another tall defender, another ruckmen a midfield who can win first possession and the run and spread. Richo needs to grow some balls and challenge his team to show some mongrel, pride and not just roll over in these games.

I am not suggesting Richo should be sacked but he needs to become much more flexible in his approach at team selection and moving players during games.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

After the Dogs game we were told 'well that was our one bad game for the year.'

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yeah from Richo saying he f....d up this weeks selections terribly.

We needed another tall defender, another ruckmen a midfield who can win first possession and the run and spread. Richo needs to grow some balls and challenge his team to show some mongrel, pride and not just roll over in these games.

I am not suggesting Richo should be sacked but he needs to become much more flexible in his approach at team selection and moving players during games.

The club is fortunate they play Essendon next week but they will have to do some sole searching during the week even to get that win. They just cant accept admirable losses followed by insipid efforts like today!
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 15 May 2016 8:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bad selections this week. Roberton was badly undone. Lonie has been struggling for quite a few weeks. Its obvious Richo loves him - went straight in after being drafted and rarely out. But he looks seriously cooked after a year and bit of tackling huge AFL guys as a 174cm player. Needs some time in the VFL to recharge, get some easier ball and get his mojo back. Gilbert is incredibly erractic. As senior player, he was completely MIA today when he was badly needed.

Its time to get more young players in. Goddard, Lee, Eli, Paddy, Murdoch, even White - these guys are pushing hard for selection and some of them need to be fed into the team. I'm almost glad we copped this shellacking as it shows how much we need to keep developing our squad with youth. Particularly our backline which is antiquated and lacking in rebound attack that the best teams have.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

this is where we are at .. near our best side. suck it up. don't go looking for individual scapegoats. ...bloody witch hunters.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Bad selections this week. Roberton was badly undone. Lonie has been struggling for quite a few weeks. Its obvious Richo loves him - went straight in after being drafted and rarely out. But he looks seriously cooked after a year and bit of tackling huge AFL guys as a 174cm player. Needs some time in the VFL to recharge, get some easier ball and get his mojo back. Gilbert is incredibly erractic. As senior player, he was completely MIA today when he was badly needed.

Its time to get more young players in. Goddard, Lee, Eli, Paddy, Murdoch, even White - these guys are pushing hard for selection and some of them need to be fed into the team. I'm almost glad we copped this shellacking as it shows how much we need to keep developing our squad with youth. Particularly our backline which is antiquated and lacking in rebound attack that the best teams have.
The whole team were poor today but I have to agree re Gilbert he has become a bit of a sook. He was aksed to play on Kennedy early got smashed and then just packed it in. The guy has an IQ of a nat and plays accordingly....

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Bad selections this week. Roberton was badly undone. Lonie has been struggling for quite a few weeks. Its obvious Richo loves him - went straight in after being drafted and rarely out. But he looks seriously cooked after a year and bit of tackling huge AFL guys as a 174cm player. Needs some time in the VFL to recharge, get some easier ball and get his mojo back. Gilbert is incredibly erractic. As senior player, he was completely MIA today when he was badly needed.

The whole team were poor today but I have to agree re Gilbert he has become a bit of a sook. He was aksed to play on Kennedy early got smashed and then just packed it in. The guy has an IQ of a nat and plays accordingly....

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately Acres will be back at Sandy with Lonie next week. Time to bring back Paddy and DMac. Throw in White as a smokey.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Unfortunately Acres will be back at Sandy with Lonie next week. Time to bring back Paddy and DMac. Throw in White as a smokey.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Bull Murdoch due for a shot?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Paddy needs another week IMO... At least one.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Lee should have played. Richo f***ed that up big time

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Leave Membrey in and bring in McCartin, Lee and Fisher

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:After the Dogs game we were told 'well that was our one bad game for the year.'
By the club?
People on here?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:After the Dogs game we were told 'well that was our one bad game for the year.'
By the club?
People on here?
Fat chick in the cheer squad

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Our midfield needs to make a big statement next week. They were comprehensively beaten by an admittedly blue ribbon opposition. But that first quarter was genuinely shocking. They have to learn how to bottle it up when the momentum is swinging out of control like that. The fact they could play so much better in the middle in the 2nd qtr showed the effort and/or concentration wasn't there at the start. Maybe they were believing all the hype after almost beating the ladder leaders. If you are 5% off away from home against a very good team you can easily get smashed like we were. Big, big, lesson to learn there.

The Recruit
Club Player

So glad I don't have Foxtel

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:So glad I don't have Foxtel
Well at least mine is free.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Richo can say allot of things
But he can't say that we tanked

Discussing the match with another saints fan earlier in the day
We both agreed that with the selections made , that the Eagles forwards would have a picnic.
10 minutes into the game he sms me " yep game over "
The players weren't switched on
That's richo fault
But i wouldn't think he'd be losing sleep over it
The challenge will come if he can't get the team up the next two weeks against the bottom teams

In red white and black from 73
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:Our midfield needs to make a big statement next week. They were comprehensively beaten by an admittedly blue ribbon opposition. But that first quarter was genuinely shocking. They have to learn how to bottle it up when the momentum is swinging out of control like that. The fact they could play so much better in the middle in the 2nd qtr showed the effort and/or concentration wasn't there at the start. Maybe they were believing all the hype after almost beating the ladder leaders. If you are 5% off away from home against a very good team you can easily get smashed like we were. Big, big, lesson to learn there.
On the midfield. Someone needs to seriously analyse what went wrong in the center bounces in the first quarter. Eagles players were in meters of space off every natanui tap, and if they weren't It was because we gave away a free for holding. Baffles me that if your getting beat that bad in the clearance to not have some kind of defensive center setup to atleast prevent them charging into the forward line 3 seconds after each bounce.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Posted this in game day thread

Thought we battled ok after quarter time and held our own in some patches but we couldn't buy a goal and 70+ clangers with a huge free kick differential didn't help - that all said 100 pt losses are inexcusable!!!!

As stated earlier like last month we play two good games and then one bad one - mental problem??

Our next three games have us playing Essendon (h), Freo (h) and Adelaide (a) - will a pattern develop - beat Essendon well, lose a close one to Freo and get thumped by Adelaide??

I know we are young however Carlton have managed to put 4 good games together - ok their opposition havent amounted to much but its still 4 games where they have held their concentration - on the other hand we are struggling to do this

Fairly sure we will bounce back but for how long?

We have to nip this in the bud and turn this mental fragility around really fkn quickly

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
firthy
Club Player

I've said all I can say in the votes v eagles page I'm still crying

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
firthy
Club Player

I've said all I can say in the votes v eagles page I'm still crying

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.