Jeff Gartlett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jeff Gartlett

When people are clutching at straws, desperate for any credibility

The old spelling and grammar chestnuts come out

On a forum, where most people are using phones and posts are done at text speed... People hang their hat on writing standard?!
On a footy forum FFS!!!

If that's what your go is, go find a literature site, and F### off while we talk footy!!!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Too many exclamation points there BM. As a teacher you should know better.

(Ducks as tomatoes are thrown)

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I think it matters more if the error in spelling was a mistake and not just a typo. If its a typo then its probably excusable. But, I think a deliberate misspelling should nullify any actual football content of the comment and make void the rationale of the commentator. For arguements sake and arguements sake only.
Geary is a horrible offensive footballer. It is not good enough for any team who expect to win a grand final to carry this kind of player. He will be pushed out of our next Grand Final squad and if not we probably wont get to one before he retires. He would not have gotten a game at Hawthorn anytime in the last 4 years. Nor would he at Geelong for 5 years before that or in any Brisbane side before that. No offence or disrespect intended. Its a part of our culture that needs to change. Our love of players like Geary. Or does it? Fortius Quo Fidelius. It seems likely that Dunstan, Acres, Sinclair and Lonie wont have the same problem. But I will bet my balls if you wanna make an example to any one of those four on how to take what talent you have and make as much as you can from it then Richo would point the finger at Jarryn just before the first 8k time trial of the year. He'd say if you wanna make it; be like Jarryn, turn up early, never miss a session or meeting and alwaydo extra. Come to preseason ready to go and give everything you have for the jumper. It would be a romantic justice for Geary to prove me wrong but the list we are developing cant have a Geary in it for too much longer.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:When people are clutching at straws, desperate for any credibility

On a forum, where most people are using phones and posts are done at text speed... People hang their hat on writing standard?!
On a footy forum FFS!!!

If that's what your go is, go find a literature site, and F### off while we talk footy!!!!!
With you 100% on this one Marto. WTF would you bother.

CQ SAINT wrote:I think it matters more if the error in spelling was a mistake and not just a typo. If its a typo then its probably excusable. But, I think a deliberate misspelling should nullify any actual football content of the comment and make void the rationale of the commentator. For arguements sake and arguements sake only.
Geary is a horrible offensive footballer. It is not good enough for any team who expect to win a grand final to carry this kind of player. He will be pushed out of our next Grand Final squad and if not we probably wont get to one before he retires. He would not have gotten a game at Hawthorn anytime in the last 4 years. Nor would he at Geelong for 5 years before that or in any Brisbane side before that. No offence or disrespect intended. Its a part of our culture that needs to change. Our love of players like Geary. Or does it? Fortius Quo Fidelius. It seems likely that Dunstan, Acres, Sinclair and Lonie wont have the same problem. But I will bet my balls if you wanna make an example to any one of those four on how to take what talent you have and make as much as you can from it then Richo would point the finger at Jarryn just before the first 8k time trial of the year. He'd say if you wanna make it; be like Jarryn, turn up early, never miss a session or meeting and alwaydo extra. Come to preseason ready to go and give everything you have for the jumper. It would be a romantic justice for Geary to prove me wrong but the list we are developing cant have a Geary in it for too much longer.
What about people who write rambling paragraphs, that just do your head in a) because they make reading them unenjoyable and b) well let's pot Gears again, number 489 on this forum

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:I think it matters more if the error in spelling was a mistake and not just a typo. If its a typo then its probably excusable. But, I think a deliberate misspelling should nullify any actual football content of the comment and make void the rationale of the commentator. For arguements sake and arguements sake only.
What about people who write rambling paragraphs, that just do your head in a) because they make reading them unenjoyable and b) well let's pot Gears again, number 489

Sorry.

Is that easier for you.

Most of my comment is about the team.

Not bagging Geary at all.

Just commenting on MHO of his career and

whether he will play in our next flag.

If I was to say he is a great footballer and the best kick

I would be labelled a troll or an idiot.

He is not underrated; he is an AFL contracted footballer.

There is a fairly big expectation that comes with that.

He gets bagged cause his weaker moments are more obvious

and memorable his stronger ones.

Having said that - I love Geary for what he is. He is a goer.

resaintlee
Club Player

For arguments sake I think the rationale of your comment should be considered void.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

BigMart wrote:When people are clutching at straws, desperate for any credibility

On a footy forum FFS!!!

Are you trying to hang your ignorance of football on the basis of a typo?

I'd like to say that this thread has been inundated by posters defending your footy knowledge.

I'd also like to say that my inbox has been chock-a-block with PMs doing the same.

But I can't.

Could it be that the majority agree with me?

Hmmmmm.....

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why would people care?

You can have your opinion and your intricate knowledge of opposition players names (as stated, lower order)

I couldn't give a rats arse about it

It's about as important or significant as your post

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why would people care?

You can have your opinion and your intricate knowledge of opposition players names (as stated, lower order)

I couldn't give a rats arse about it

It's about as important or significant as your post
You need to use full stops.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Will I get an 'A' then sir?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Will I get an 'A' then sir?
Grammar aside you've always been an A student in my eyes BM

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

skeptic wrote:
Been an A student as far as I'm concerned too....... just a few additional letters following it. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Not at all but do you always have to be so anal retentive? Your mummy and daddy must have done a real number on you.

Don't take yourself so seriously, Septic. You sound like someone who sits on level 3 every week in your polyester with your mum filling in all the columns in your footy record. Does she admonish you when you tally up the rushed behinds wrong, septic.

Stop Geary in person and tell him how he needs to improve his game you condescending little sh!t.

Go on, send me another PM apology. It will go unanswered like the last two you've sent me.
It only took me all of 2 minutes to return to Saintsational to be reminded why I stopped reading this trite.
Great!

You can't even write properly let alone express anything that is remotely insightful.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 04 May 2016 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Don't take any sh!t from him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
You suck hole

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Everyone, enough already with the personal and boring tit for tat stuff.

It's tedious and adds nothing to the forum. Don't want to lock the thread, but will if it continues.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Been an A student as far as I'm concerned too....... just a few additional letters following it. :wink:
Wow!
My first quote!!

Just had to point out the class, and correct grammar (but at least you know who GARLETT is, which basically makes you a footy genius!)

This post says a bit about you, it's gone from topic to personal. A nasty, spiteful comment (easy to make as a keyboard warrior). It's cool though, mods enjoy me being abused.

Let's see
You bagged me on something I consider irrelevent
I explained I couldn't give a rats about it
You speak on others behalf to suggest something?
I retort
You call me an arsehole

Most people have to get to know me first before coming to that conclusion

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Enough. Locked.