I'm calling it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm calling it

As far as I'm concerned we got the best player in the 2013 super draft.
Billings is and will be better than Bont, Cripps, Boyd, Kelly, Kolodjashnij, Sharenberg, Aish, Freeman, Lewis Taylor, Mat Crouch, Lennon, Hartung, Dunstan, Acres, Salem and all the rest.
Last edited by Goose is king on Sun 17 Apr 2016 8:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: I'm calling it

not past the Bont Yet, Passed the rest though!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think we would have taken Boyd if we had pick 1

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Everyone would of taken Boyd with pick 1. He was touted as the obvious pick 1 from the start of that year.
Possibly even the year before.

saint-stu
Club Player

I agree, he's a gun. So confident and accurate when kicking goals from just about anywhere.

I think we'd be happy with either Bont or Billings. So far this year Jack's numbers are ahead though:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... lings.html
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... pelli.html

1ac46a38
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So we fluked it then?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stkfc1
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:As far as I'm concerned we got the best player in the 2013 super draft.
Billings is and will be better than Bont, Cripps, Boyd, Kelly, Kolodjashnij, Sharenberg, Aish, Freeman, Lewis Taylor, Mat Crouch, Lennon, Hartung, Dunstan, Acres, Salem and all the rest.
Billings, Freeman*, Acres, Dunstan, Savage, Bruce,Templeton, Delaney, Holmes, Longer, redrafted Curren. History says if you get 1or 2 decent players per draft you've done well. There is at least 6-7 definitely on that list that will play 150+ games for us. The history buffs will look back at that draft/trade period and wonder how the hell St Kilda got it so right. For all his detractors Chris Pelchen absolutely nailed it and set us up for the next 10 years. Foundation year of our next premiership right there.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Dead set star. Wait till we are winning games like the dogs and we will see just how damaging Billings can be. We made the right call.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So he'll get credit for our next premiership?

Just like he single handedly won Port and Haw flags

Btw

You realise he wasn't the one who recruited those guys (Trout) , had nothing to do with Freeman. Finishing 3rd last got us Billings and Dunstan as First and second Rounders.
He offloads MacEvoy to get Savage and Acres.
Got rid of Dal which got us Longer
He offloaded 12/13 for Lee and Hickey

Mastermind

Billings is very talented, will be a good player... So will Bont/Cripps and others. He was pick 3 in the ND so you'd hope he'd be ok

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So he'll get credit for our next premiership?

Just like he single handedly won Port and Haw flags
You are the only one that spouts that crap. The problem is that you can't acknowledge that he has done some very good work at all the clubs he has been at.
No one else says 'genius' or 'mastermind', that's just you.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
devil saint
Club Player

JB is a superstar. I agree that he is better than all the rest in that quality draft. I predict that one day we will speak about him with the same reverence we speak of all the game's greats. He'll win two Brownlows at least. He has talent, game-smarts, drive and passion in spades. We are lucky he wears our colours, that's for sure.

SMS
Club Player

Billings has the best disposal. The goals against pies were much better than what people realise. 2 steps across body from 50?? With such ease!!

Cripps and Bont are guns. Theyll be legends of the game. Billings hopefully too.

Dogs flag 2018, Saints Flag 2019-2022.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Bontempelli.......daylight.
Crips............Billings.

Billings will catch up though.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Bontempelli.......daylight.
Crips............Billings.

Billings will catch up though.
Who is this daylight you speak of - and how do we recruit him......

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

IMO Cripps is better than the Bont, who is currently in front of Billings. But all 3 will be quality players for some years.

I'd like to have all 3 ... :wink:

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed imo it's goes Cripps , Bont , Billings..

But Billings is a jet and the the ability to overtake the othes in the future.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Bont and Cripps are bigger bodies players than JB...Obviously they would have an impact sooner. JB catching them at a fair rate of knots and will fly past them both before too long. He has some amazing skills and is clearly one of the best kicks in the team. I am looking forward to him delivering the ball to Bruce and McCartin for many years to come...as well as slotting them himself.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Remember Billings has played less football than the others. Will overtake the others in time as well. Don't right off Kelly yet either. I wouldn't mind having Kelly in our team as well.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Aside from pick one :lol: , that draft top 10 is looking one of the best in memory.

Hopefully Freeman can round it off for us.

*noted that Cripps wasn't in the top 10, but is clearly now in the top 2/3 players from that draft. A real shame he plays for Carlton, a really likable and talented young player.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

All three are very very good. Looks like a super draft that one. For our purposes - I am more than happy with Billings.
We have Ross and hopefully Acres who can be our big bodied midfielders for years to come so we need someone like Billings.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:
Goose is king wrote:As far as I'm concerned we got the best player in the 2013 super draft.
Billings, Freeman*, Acres, Dunstan, Savage, Bruce,Templeton, Delaney, Holmes, Longer, redrafted Curren. History says if you get 1or 2 decent players per draft you've done well. There is at least 6-7 definitely on that list that will play 150+ games for us. The history buffs will look back at that draft/trade period and wonder how the hell St Kilda got it so right. For all his detractors Chris Pelchen absolutely nailed it and set us up for the next 10 years. Foundation year of our next premiership right there.
2013 is starting to look a lot like 2000-1. A platform for a genuine tilt.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
loris
Saintsational Legend

On another first round draft pick. I saw an interview with Carlton's No 1 pick - Weitering (name something like that).

He said growing up, his favourite player was Nick Riewoldt. He said his grandmother is a fanatical St Kilda supporter, and she used to take all the grandkids to the footy to watch Saints games, so Nick became his fav.

Maybe when his contract is due for renewal, the Saints should get sniffing around. Grandma Ma Ma Mas usually have strong emotional bonds with their grandkids, most grandies don't like to disappoint grandma!!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:On another first round draft pick. I saw an interview with Carlton's No 1 pick - Weitering (name something like that).

He said growing up, his favourite player was Nick Riewoldt. He said his grandmother is a fanatical St Kilda supporter, and she used to take all the grandkids to the footy to watch Saints games, so Nick became his fav.

Maybe when his contract is due for renewal, the Saints should get sniffing around. Grandma Ma Ma Mas usually have strong emotional bonds with their grandkids, most grandies don't like to disappoint grandma!!
I certainly wouldn't want to make a habit of disappointing you, my dear Loris! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Sobraz"]Aside from pick one :lol: , that draft top 10 is looking one of the best in memory.

Hopefully Freeman can round it off for us.

*noted that Cripps wasn't in the top 10, but is clearly now in the top 2/3 players from that draft. A real shame he plays for Carlton, a really likable and talented young player.[/quote]

I agree about wanting Cripps. Unfortunately he reminds me of Lenny Hayes. Wish he was ours. But Billings reminds me of Billings who I belive will be a true great.

The Bont is struggling to have an impact this year but has more runs on the board than Billings so unless the Bont dominates in the next two rounds (more than Billings)I believe Billings has overtaken him.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen was also terminated from all three clubs. He gets credit for 'actual' recruiters work.

Credit to Ameet Bains and Tony Elshaug