The Flux Report: Rd 3 "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: Rd 3 "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" Round

Missing:
Roger (sigh :( ).
West (late withdrawal, and still missing).

Like:
Billing’s left boot! (And if required, right boot!) Also, his first thirty possession game. But then, anyone who read ToT’s field report would already know this.
Gilbo. Needed to lift. DID lift!
Monty. Daylight savings may have ended, but he wound back the clock more than just one hour with that performance.
Steven. (Still wish he were Steven’s’.)
Weller Weller Weller. More possessions, plus, as a ‘defensive’ forward, kicked three goals.
Dunstan. Needed a confidence booster like that.
Savage. Looking far more determined. Seems to finally ‘believe’.
Sinclair. Still needs to get more of it, but that’ll happen. (See Seb, Billings, Newnes.) But this guy is all CLASS! (See the play and pass to Paddy in the first.)
Newnes. Best game yet!
Robbo’s knee injury. Not a good thing, but could easily have been FAR worse. Hurry back Robbo’!
Paddy. That power forward grab!!! WILL BE THE MAKING OF HIM! You heard it here first! (Well, if not first, you still heard it here.) Welcome to being an AFL footballer Paddy. :D
Freeman! Still no hurry, but when this speculative low risk/high reward pick does eventually pay off, Saintsational will need yet another “I bagged the club and I was wrong” thread.
Pluggsie speaking at the dinner. Banished from Saintsational for very naughty PMs, but early reports suggest that he, gave an excellent speech, so some redemption there.
Seb. Another thirty possession game! And to those who worry that he doesn’t hurt the opposition............. there’s always the “I bagged the club and I was wrong” thread.
Our kids. Really seem to enjoy playing on the ‘G on a sunny Saturday arvo..........................
Fisher and Dempster (every club needs more ‘liabilities’ like him) are still punching above their weight and doing a great job. Champs!
Our run out of defence was much better, we largely stopped theirs.
Our jumper! Geez, that’s a great looking strip. No. That’s THE great looking strip! 8-)
Billing’s left boot!

REALLY REALLY REALLY AD INFINITUM BLOODY LOVE (though struggling to believe my eyes):
When going forward, we actually, wait for it, all day, wait for it................ we kicked to the Saint’s player in the best position, rather than just blindly kick it to Roo, even when he’s having a rest on the bloody bench, even if he’s out injured! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A-BLOODY-MAZING! Has the penny FINALLY dropped??? PLEASE Sainters, let it be so.

(The field kicking in general was also in another class to what we have become accustomed to.)

Dislike:
Robbo’s knee injury. :(

INS:
Acres (and LEAVE him there), West (if we can find him), otherwise, Lee (as needed, can fill either/or Roberton or Paddys’ role).
OUTS:
Roberton, McCartin (don’t mess with his head).

Considerations:
You better believe it. Hawthorn CAN be beaten! And we CAN be the ones to do it!
The key is to pressure them so they can’t execute their passing game. We can do this! The twofold trick will be to also take more of our chances to put a score on the board.
For the former we need to keep THE SWARM happening for long enough. The latter........... run n’ gun, keep the forwards spread apart/their defenders isolated.................. and then kick it to the best option.

To this end, and especially if Hawthorn do us a favour and stick with a smaller side, it would be very very tempting to add speed not height, when replacing our injured. In that case, Gresham instead of Lee. (How’s MacKenzie progressing with his glandular fever recovery?)

And more of Minch in the middle! He can play inside and outside. Is fast, strong, and a powerful kick. Here is a player who can provide some of the run and kicking delivery that we need to compliment Armo, Seb and Dunstan. But Minch’ NEEDS some continuity to build confidence. (See Ross, Newnes, Weller Weller Weller, Armo.)

You (still) heard it here first:
West, after last week’s last minute withdrawal, to (belatedly) make one of the great debuts. 13.2, all at the city end (of course). This is guaranteed, because all Saintsational readers know how easy it all is for this bloke. (If we can find him.)

Truth is Stranger Than Fiction:
Tanking from round one!
And to think we all thought that Ross Lyon would never ‘embrace the rebuild’. :mrgreen:

Ross, you need a ruckman, FF, CHF, CHB, FB, decent club theme song, decent club colours, decent club supporters. Trying to get all those should keep you ‘amused’ over the five years of your contract extension. Good luck!

And Ross, we all know how you love irony. Well, guess what Ross? St Kilda is closer to a flag than Fremantle. :idea:

Now that really IS........................................................................pleasing. :D

Opposition players to bag:
Where to start? Spoilt for choice.
Brown! Or was it Reid? (Who cares, was still wearing that prisoner uniform.) I saw that sneaky (dirty :evil: ) one to Paddy’s stomach in the opening minutes just after the ball went out of bounds on our half forward flank! And so did little Lonie! Onya Jack! :twisted:
Howe. One of footy’s great triumphs of style over substance.
But footy is a team game, and that should be respected. So, come on everyone. You know the tune. You know the words. Strike up the band. Sing along Sainters........................................

“Good old Collingwood for never
They dont know to win a game
Side by side they slulk together
To uphold Buckley’s shame
See their barrackers a whinging
As all bogans wooooould
For beating Collingwood was a cake-walk
For the good old................. mighty Sainters!!!”

I like cake. :mrgreen:

Thoughts, Roger?

Thoughts, Westy?

Thoughts, Sainters?

- Aeon.

PS: Yes, I have read the intel reports that Marie Antoinette may well not have actually said “Let them eat cake”. But seriously, why spoil a damn good theme round???

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux Report: Rd 3 "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" Rou

Nice report. Thanks Dave.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Nice report. Thanks Dave.
Duly supported from here.

And, cheers for the Billings nod, 'flux. "The Billings Report" is in the development stages. We're looking at blockbuster status.

I do suffer from 'flux, you know, of the GORD variety. Pleased to read your contribution sans psychosomatic suffering.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Great report!

#1 Ryder fan
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

AeonFlux wrote: Monty. Daylight savings may have ended, but he wound back the clock more than just one hour with that performance.
I laughed hard at this one so thanks for that AeonFlux.

Just a couple of things though - who is Westy and is that Plugs in that photo with the camera flash going off?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

I saw that snearky punch or two to Paddy. laughed when little lonie came and helped out

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Excellent read and an excellent wrap-up from the weekends game. Can we look forward to the flux report every week?

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

You know it was a good win when reading about it 4 days later can still put a smile on your face.

Great report & hope to see more of the same, but I too, would like to know who Roger & West are.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Best report on the game I have read. Shows those clowns in the media up.

Only people on 360, Talking Footy, Footy Classified and on the couch to acknowledge the young saints performance were Buckley and Big Ed. all the others concentrated on the pies piss poor effort.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Just a couple of things though - who is Westy ….
snoopygirl wrote: Great report & hope to see more of the same, but I too, would like to know who Roger & West are.
Take a look at who started the disgraceful “McCartin – the biggest recruiting disaster of all time” thread and you’ll probably be able to work out who Westy is :wink:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Toy Saint wrote:Excellent read and an excellent wrap-up from the weekends game. Can we look forward to the flux report every week?
+ 1

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Nutshell Report
Team convincingly beats the undermanned and disinterested.
exaggerated pessimism turns into overhyped praise.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:The Nutshell Report
Team convincingly beats the undermanned and disinterested.
exaggerated pessimism turns into overhyped praise.
There is something in that......

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
arpstk
Club Player

Excellent report, well written, thoughtful, and shows intimate knowledge of the subject matter! High Distinction

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Best report on the game I have read. Shows those clowns in the media up.

Only people on 360, Talking Footy, Footy Classified and on the couch to acknowledge the young saints performance were Buckley and Big Ed. all the others concentrated on the pies piss poor effort.
To his credit, the co host of 360, the one with brains and a bit of common sense, redressed their omission last night.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Jacks Back wrote: Just a couple of things though - who is Westy ….
snoopygirl wrote: Great report & hope to see more of the same, but I too, would like to know who Roger & West are.
Take a look at who started the disgraceful “McCartin – the biggest recruiting disaster of all time” thread and you’ll probably be able to work out who Westy is :wink:
Thanks Doc.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am lovin' the flux report. A real highlight.