Please explain

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Please explain

8856brother wrote:Simple question. Did Plugger actually write the PM's to Simon? Yes or no?
If you're asking me I don't know the answer to that.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Does it matter? They were from Plugger's account, he takes full responsibility and accepts his ban.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Does it matter? They were from Plugger's account, he takes full responsibility and accepts his ban.
If you are judging his character it certainly does. Seemed totally out of character at the time, and he was hung, drawn and quartered. Was it him?

Saintsational Legend

So he had enough and went out in a blaze of glory.
Fair nuff
Although saying s*** about someone's Mrs and kids is a bit over the top if that's what happened
Attack the poster sure. And cop whatever comes.
But its a bit bad to bring family into it really.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hmm.

cricket , beer , sun and Mates.
... lol

sounds like Pluggers mates have stitched him up then.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

guess who
...I will be banned for life probably by tonight. I have had great fun on here. I know a few don't like my posting style but I do love the discussions on here and I do love the saints. Apparently the site will improve when I go. I hope so but I also think I do create discussion even if it annoys a few. I respect nearly all the posters, even most that I argue with. I really do hope the site gets bigger with my absence. The more saints stuff the better. And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.Been a hoot on here and hopefully if I ever meet you at a game you will buy me a beer. I will certainly buy most here one. Its sad to go but thems the rules. I know some or more than some will be happy I'm gone but there will be one or two who actually think my posting is ok.

Playon
Club Player

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Whether he wrote all or just some of the 13 - the first at 4.42 referenced only things he would know regarding his attitude to Saintsational and his opinion of me as a moderator - his often repeated claims. He then referenced inappropriately my wife, child and commented on his desires for my morality and called me the c word. That first post alone was ban worthy. They got worse after that.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Whether he wrote all or just some of the 13 - the first at 4.42 referenced only things he would know regarding his attitude to Saintsational and his opinion of me as a moderator - his often repeated claims. He then referenced inappropriately my wife, child and commented on his desires for my morality and called me the c word. That first post alone was ban worthy. They got worse after that.
A poster on this forum has twice made offensive personal attacks against me yet only got a warning each time.

Is it worse if it's via PM and to a mod?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Whether he wrote all or just some of the 13 - the first at 4.42 referenced only things he would know regarding his attitude to Saintsational and his opinion of me as a moderator - his often repeated claims. He then referenced inappropriately my wife, child and commented on his desires for my morality and called me the c word. That first post alone was ban worthy. They got worse after that.
A poster on this forum has twice made offensive personal attacks against me yet only got a warning each time.

Whilst I do not know what these two personal attacks were against you SaintsPremiers - if they were like others of the nature sent to me then that poster would have been banned. In the past two other (ex) posters were banned for similar attacks (regarding mortality and of a sexual nature) against posters via posting / PM and the recipient in both cases were normal posters - not mod or admin. The fact that this attack was against a mod and the admin of this site DOES make it a worse offence anyway because as volunteer umpires of activity on this forum all we ask is respect and it is in the rules that the posters are to accept decisions gracefully and without abusing the mods.

Had plugger66 not have had the first level ban available to us - a Nic ban - then he may have escaped this time with a Nic ban only.

Having already had the first level ban and endless attempts to have him post within the rules by all mods - there was no longer an option other than a full ban.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

It's a shame when people get to the point that they want to suicide from the place...

Didn't marto leave awhile back trying to get himself permanently banned by calling everyone a fish n' chip and all kinds of other disgusting insults too?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:

You deserved it after what you said about my daughter. You can repeat when I next see you at the football.

I look forward to it big man

<warning for threatening behaviour>

You are garbage - Enough said
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

You deserved it after what you said about my daughter. You can repeat when I next see you at the football.

I look forward to it big man
If a poster said something bad about anothers family member I would ban the bastard .

(dont say anything on here you wouldn't say to someones face) bagging someone anonymously is the same as a coward punch.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Had plugger66 not have had the first level ban available to us - a Nic ban - then he may have escaped this time with a Nic ban only.

Having already had the first level ban and endless attempts to have him post within the rules by all mods - there was no longer an option other than a full ban.
Is this a new rule? I can't remember seeing it in the rules before… So you get one new start with a fresh nickname, then a permanent ban after that?

Surely if you send threatening/obscene PM's to someone it doesn't matter which iteration of nickname you are on?

Also just on the rules…

QUOTATION POLICY

When answering a specific post, the responding poster is encouraged to quote the post or the part of the post to which they are referencing, otherwise they must specify which poster they are referencing in the response.

Failure to identify the post or poster being addressed is considered a breach of forum etiquette and repeated failure will result in a Saintsational warning.

Any editing of a post when quoting another post that deliberately alters the meaning or intent of the original post is a breach of rules and will result in a Saintsational warning.

So using broad generally offensive terms to avoid getting warnings is in fact a breach of this rule and basic etiquette.

Something like "Stop whinging for f*** sake" is clearly directed at certain forum members within this thread, and while it lacks the courage to identify who it is intended for… it is indeed a breach of both the quotation and troll rules?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
saynta wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:He offered to take over the 2016 Sponsorship Group. Thank goodness that never happened!
I did try and warn posters .I was, unfortunately, right.
No you were just being a dick.
Lmfao

<warning for unnecessary baiting>
errrrr.

Whatever

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Simple question. Did Plugger actually write the PM's to Simon? Yes or no?
I confess. I wrote them.

I hacked his SS account. It's pretty easy to do.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Well, I just got a warning for saying we should have a like button.

This place is bizarre.
I got one too, but I deserved it.
You deserved a prize and not a warning for being funny and right.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
I confess. I wrote them.

I hacked his SS account. It's pretty easy to do.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Like.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Had plugger66 not have had the first level ban available to us - a Nic ban - then he may have escaped this time with a Nic ban only.

Is this a new rule? I can't remember seeing it in the rules before… So you get one new start with a fresh nickname, then a permanent ban after that?

Surely if you send threatening/obscene PM's to someone it doesn't matter which iteration of nickname you are on?

Also just on the rules…

QUOTATION POLICY

When answering a specific post, the responding poster is encouraged to quote the post or the part of the post to which they are referencing, otherwise they must specify which poster they are referencing in the response.

Failure to identify the post or poster being addressed is considered a breach of forum etiquette and repeated failure will result in a Saintsational warning.

Any editing of a post when quoting another post that deliberately alters the meaning or intent of the original post is a breach of rules and will result in a Saintsational warning.

So using broad generally offensive terms to avoid getting warnings is in fact a breach of this rule and basic etiquette.

Something like "Stop whinging for f*** sake" is clearly directed at certain forum members within this thread, and while it lacks the courage to identify who it is intended for… it is indeed a breach of both the quotation and troll rules?

Dragit.

There are two issues here.

First re collective insulting - I have explained this previously. The rule you quoted has a very specific term in it ... "REPEATED FAILURE will result in a Saintsational warning."

Thus once or twice does not qualify for a warning. However repeated behaviour could result in a warning.

Onto the second issue.

This needs to be clear.

Plugger66 / Ripplug66 has had previous bans within the past 12 months. Same IP. Same poster.

A change in nic does not wipe the slate clean. As many posters who have changed their nics know.

Ripplug66 on the day in question breached the rules over 20 times in 13 PMs to a moderator on one day - afetr having already received an earler warning for another breach.

The 20+ breaches were under this rule:

Please accept the umpire's decision and move on. If you feel you can prove that you did not breach the rules as outlined above, then PM all the moderators and explain your view WITHOUT abusing, threatening, accusing the moderator of bias or pointing out the actions of others! Please take responsibility for what you post and ensure that it is within the rules of Saintsational Fan Forum. If a moderator feels that your PM on this matter is inappropriate, they can issue an additional warning.

With 20+ warnings to be issued (enough on it's own) AND the previous bans for a period of time / a nic ban then the ban can escalate to the final level of ban permitted - a permanent ban.

To quote the exact rule:

If a poster receives 3 bans within a 12 month period, it will result in a permanent ban.

Please note that ripplug66 has a right of appeal.

In the event that a poster has been unfairly or unjustly banned, or three warnings are issued in quick succession and a ban is issued prior to an opportunity to PM the moderators, the banned poster may e-mail their appeal to saintsationalentry@gmail.com for review and the appeals process will begin.

APPEALING A BAN

Bans will be listed in the Fan Forum. The banned poster can request an appeal process be started in the Administration Forum. If the administrators feel the appeal has any merit, it will be listed in the Administration Forum and promoted in Fan Forum to make the other members aware. The appeal will take the form of a POLL where members have the capability to vote anonymously to uphold or overturn the ban. For a ban to be overturned, a 2/3 majority against the ban must be achieved.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:guess who
...I will be banned for life probably by tonight. I have had great fun on here. I know a few don't like my posting style but I do love the discussions on here and I do love the saints. Apparently the site will improve when I go. I hope so but I also think I do create discussion even if it annoys a few. I respect nearly all the posters, even most that I argue with. I really do hope the site gets bigger with my absence. The more saints stuff the better. And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.Been a hoot on here and hopefully if I ever meet you at a game you will buy me a beer. I will certainly buy most here one. Its sad to go but thems the rules. I know some or more than some will be happy I'm gone but there will be one or two who actually think my posting is ok.
Date of this?

I believe that was prior to his previous ban.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

So you can make broad snipes like that once or twice... but the third time is considered a pattern and therefore a warning can be issued?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

as it is.

a considered and classy post ,
... shows the true character of the man quite clearly ... imo

losing his head but to the last breath , putting SS and his love for the Sainters 1st.

Vale.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:guess who
maybe he is bipolar ?

Freebird
Club Player

WindSister wrote:hmm.

cricket , beer , sun and Mates.
... lol

sounds like Pluggers mates have stitched him up then.
BS plugger did not like losing and in his own pathetic mind thought he was controlling this site..when told to pull his head in / a couple of drinks under the belt showed how far he was willing to stoop to win in his own little world.

He's obvious close to you WS for you to personally make such aggressive comments...