Please explain

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Please explain

Plugger 66 banning,
tell us more please.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Please explain

ZZ was his life... I'm hoping the mods have a sense of "duty of care"

he may self harm.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Has he been banned for a week or is it permanent?

Can he re appear again as plugsyagain or something??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Has he been banned for a week or is it permanent?

Can he re appear again as plugsyagain or something??
the way I read it..hasta la vista baby

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

He, Winners Only and myself all got warnings for being personal in the Bulldogs 2016 thread.

I thought mine was a bit mild as I called WO negative but BF USA is clamping down on forum rules which I can't complain about seeing I have been having a few PM'S with the mods over the issue.

From the PM'S I was copied in on Plugger didn't seem happy, but don't know if he took it further or pulled the pin.

Think this place will be better with tighter controls. I agree with the mods on this even though I copped a warning

You are garbage - Enough said
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

From that Bulldogs 2016 thread I thought all responses were very mild compared to WinnersOnly baiting and swearing during the conversation and certainly not ban worthy.

I thought Ripper76 made some valid points about us actually having Beveridge as an assistant coach but then leaving when he got the head coaching role over there. The same happened with us getting Richo.

It appears the matter may have escalated privately between Rip and the moderator however, as this was private and no other Saintsationalist was privy to it, then I can't see why he would get a permanent banning.

Compared to previous public outbursts by Ripper76 (and others) that thread didn't even register on the radar.

A permanent banning is not, IMHO, a bit harsh, but a lot harsh. That's my take!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:From that Bulldogs 2016 thread I thought all responses were very mild compared to WinnersOnly baiting and swearing during the conversation and certainly not ban worthy.

I thought Ripper76 made some valid points about us actually having Beveridge as an assistant coach but then leaving when he got the head coaching role over there. The same happened with us getting Richo.

It appears the matter may have escalated privately between Rip and the moderator however, as this was private and no other Saintsationalist was privy to it, then I can't see why he would get a permanent banning.

Compared to previous public outbursts by Ripper76 (and others) that thread didn't even register on the radar.

He responded in such a way to a warning that mod thought banning was required....................

see announcement section.

saint4life
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:From that Bulldogs 2016 thread I thought all responses were very mild compared to WinnersOnly baiting and swearing during the conversation and certainly not ban worthy.

He responded in such a way to a warning that mod thought banning was required....................

see announcement section.
I had already seen that and that's why I said about Rip responding to the mod privately so no one on here would have been none the wiser if anything or nothing had have happened. It sounds like the mod took it personally himself with a life ban being very harsh IMHO.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I can guess what's happened. He was in yet another fight (strangely he's always in the middle of them but he's ALWAYS the innocent party). He got a warning and got into a PM exchange with Simon where he just KEEPS COMING BACK, AGAIN AND AGAIN to get the last word, not even really responding to what Simon is saying but just in that unrelenting Terminator style of his. And Simon snapped. And Simon is a mod. Game over. RIP Plugger.

I think it will be interesting to see how it goes without him always starting fights, derailing threads, filling up pages with huge quotes and not showing the other board members any respect. He got this idea that he is the Democrats of the board - needing to keep the bastards honest by attacking everyone's arguments instead of making his own.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Did he start a troll thread about Freeman doing his hammy again?
Surely that's not ban worthy?!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:I can guess what's happened. He was in yet another fight (strangely he's always in the middle of them but he's ALWAYS the innocent party). He got a warning and got into a PM exchange with Simon where he just KEEPS COMING BACK, AGAIN AND AGAIN to get the last word, not even really responding to what Simon is saying but just in that unrelenting Terminator style of his. And Simon snapped. And Simon is a mod. Game over. RIP Plugger.

I think it will be interesting to see how it goes without him always starting fights, derailing threads, filling up pages with huge quotes and not showing the other board members any respect. He got this idea that he is the Democrats of the board - needing to keep the bastards honest by attacking everyone's arguments instead of making his own.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

chip on his shoulder, or keeping you honest?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

As BFUSA has said in the thread announcing the banning, his response to a warning was totally inappropriate. There was an outrageous, deeply offensive PM that tipped the bucket.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:As BFUSA has said in the thread announcing the banning, his response to a warning was totally inappropriate. There was an outrageous, deeply offensive PM that tipped the bucket.
To make it democratic I think that message should be shared..if it's that bad the mod in question would be seen as totally justified ?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

For clarity:

- the warning in the Bulldogs thread was issued for his original post pre his editing that made unnecessary and hurtful commentary on another poster and was a clear bait for a response. It was edited by him at a later date, knowing full well it was a breach of rules.

- the breaches were explained politely via PM to each of the 3 offenders

- each poster responded in a different manner - two in a friendly, understanding and appropriate manner

- ripplug66 sent a few argumentative PMs, then when I would not back down on the validity of the warning, he sent several abusive and disgusting PMs on how he viewed my personality, how he would describe my marriage, my sex life, my sexuality, my wife and my child's attitude to me, my wife's sexual activities, my life, my lack of friends and how he wants me to die. All have been recorded (photographed and stored) if needed for the future. Completely intolerable.

All of this because he received a meaningless single warning for his posting style on an Internet forum.

And all of this after I had given him several chances to reform his behaviour.

He certainly had difficulty sticking within pretty accommodating rules and certainly had an issue accepting the umpires decision.

Ironic really.

At the end of the day I had no choice but to impose the total ban as I had already imposed the deletion of user name ban previously.

He was on his last chance (and that had been communicated when he came back as ripplug66) and instead of changing, he tried to bend and wretch the rules as much as he could to continue with his argumentative and baiting ways and when caught in a breach, he could not cope and took parting shots at me via PM ... Despite being in no danger of a week's ban after just a single warning.

I recognise that I may be in breach of the rule not to post personal PMs in the main forum, but I post and explain all this because this was not a random, emotional or even a planned decision. The abuse of a mod or anyone in that manner is unacceptable. It was severe, disgusting and unjustifiable. Under cyber-bullying laws it is also illegal. That is another matter.

Anyway there is simply no place for anyone on here that behaves in that abusive manner whether by PM or post.

As stated, he is not welcome here ever again in any form.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Wow..sounds like plugsy lost his s***
disgusting PMs on how he viewed my personality, how he would describe my marriage, my sex life, my sexuality, my wife and my child's attitude to me, my wife's sexual activities, my life, my lack of friends and how he wants me to die.

TBH i didnt think he was capable of that.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 28 Feb 2016 1:59pm, edited 2 times in total.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

And as a mod St.Byron has a copy of the 13 PMs of abuse. I shall not be posting them here.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cleary plugger has some serious mental health issues.
Can he use that as an excuse for his brain fade?
Garry Lyon has, likewise Buddy.
It's a shame he is gone. This forum is pretty dull and boring without him, and will only gain traction
If/when something major happens footy wise, otherwise it's almost a dead duck without our poster
that generates at least half the traffic on this forum.
Simon, if plugs showed you some documented medical proof of his illness (if he is found to have one),
Would that change your mind??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
loris
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the explanation BfromUSA - your actions were totally appropriate. Rippplug66 actions totally inappropriate.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Wow. Unacceptable. Fair enough

You are garbage - Enough said
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:And as a mod St.Byron has a copy of the 13 PMs of abuse. I shall not be posting them here.

Really quite shocking and totally offensive stuff. I agree with Simon it's not appropriate to post those PM's on the forum due to the content, even though I also suggested to him before I saw the PM's, that it would be appropriate to post them on here so everyone could see for themselves. Am completely in agreement with the ban.

noddy04
Club Player

loris wrote:Thanks for the explanation BfromUSA - your actions were totally appropriate. Rippplug66 actions totally inappropriate.

+1

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Well it seems that Plugger has decided to ban himself. But he could have just stopped posting. There's no excuse for the type of abusive PMs that have been reported here.

I think it will be a duller place without him.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

it has to be remembered and fairly considered , imo ,
by the holier than thou crowd ,
that Plugger has been the go to or go at TARGET
around here for an inordinate 'n unfair amount of time.

certainly , 'some' of his expressed contributions , attracted the blamers like moths to a flame
but an excessive amount of that targetship was petty , lame , unworthy and unjustifiable.

how much can a koala bear ,
when those 'supposed' to be (creating 'n) maintaining a level 'n fair play ground ,
fail their part of the social agreement.

obviously he reached his frustrated breaking point.
(possibly 'n if so , no doubt regretfully fueled by a little liquor)

'n whilst i'm commenting on fair n effen reasonable ,
where's the warning for the dog in this thread ,
proclaiming that Plugger has a mental illness ????

or is this language of the winners allowed
in two faced SS land when it suits ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Sobraz wrote:Did he start a troll thread about Freeman doing his hammy again?
Surely that's not ban worthy?!
Yep, good point Sobraz.

Surely not the only one that should be banned on this site, must've been a private exchange, didn't seem that controversial on the thread, unless I'm missing something.